1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

No Worries…Rockets Will Take Whitmore

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Imanimal, May 18, 2023.

1. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

He has the lowest pass rate of anyone in the top 40 and is historically bad when he does do it. Court awareness is arguably the hardest skill to develop if you don't already have it, and GM's know it.

Add minor injury or work ethic concerns, and you get this outcome. Hopefully he's alright medically and we just scored a homerun at 20.

red5rocket and ArtV like this.
  2. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

At 20, the outcome almost doesnt matter. This is a great home run swing. I have an almost impossible time seeing cam Whitmore not make it as a pro.

red5rocket, JusBleezy, BMoney and 2 others like this.
  3. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

This post aged well

shinjirod likes this.
  4. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

props to op, usually has sht takes, but he hit this one on the head with this rare correct prediction

clos4life likes this.
  5. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If the medical concern is his thumb, then it’s no big deal. This isn’t a MPJ back injury situation.

clos4life likes this.
  6. liveguy

liveguy Member

This to me is better than getting ONE Wembanyama.

Your starting 5 is set now.

7. rcketsfan1

rcketsfan1 Member

I don't think I've ever seen anything like this. I was thinking to myself during the early teen picks that someone must have discovered he's addicted to heroin or something. I really hope it was just his demeanor that had some teams down and the rest just assumed something worse.

In any case, I love the draft results this year. I was not optimistic and this greatly exceeds expectations at least.

8. jayfree

jayfree Member

Two 6'7 guys are taller than one 7'4 guy

9. StevieCrossover

Guess we won't be needing a vet star anymore, after 1 season, Rockets are playoff bound. Have too many talented players, just need to bring it together. Going to be expensive resigning all these rookies.

10. meh

meh Contributing Member

The pass rate was what made me hate him at #4. As you say court awareness is a hard skill to develop, just look at KPJ and Jalen Green trying to run our offense. But I really find it hard to believe it's so detrimental lower down the draft board. Especially I thought from 15th pick on, Atlanta would take him or some other team would trade up to get him before the Rockets. Even if his upside is kind of a Tobias Harris type of player that's still very worthy of late lottery pick. Because he clearly has off-ball movement skills, athleticism on defense, and enough scoring ability to be a 6th man type.

Regardless I'm so glad he dropped to us because looking at the other options I honestly did not really care for any of them.

Y2JT and red5rocket like this.
  11. StevieCrossover

Guess we won't be needing a vet star anymore, after 1 season, Rockets are playoff bound. Have too many talented players, just need to bring it together. Going to be expensive resigning all these rookies.

mikenm268 likes this.
  12. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

How about a little credit guys….I said no worries we’d draft Cam and we drafted Cam!!!

13. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Amen at 4 and Cam at 20?! I’ll take it!!!

Arnel, raining threes and sirjesse like this.
  14. liveguy

liveguy Member

5 guys > 1 guy

Arnel and jayfree like this.
  15. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

Uh, your thread is epic and will go down in CF history. Congrats.

Don't mess it up claiming you knew he'd fall to #20. lol.

16. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Never been happier with a draft!!! No issues now with Amen as his low floor but high ceiling is perfectly compensated by Cam’s high floor but lower ceiling. Now we’ll officially find out who is better between the two. Can’t wait for summer league!!!

17. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Taking your word for it.

18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Actually he was wrong. OP predicted that the Rockets would take Whitmore over Amen Thompson. That didn't happen.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  19. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Goes to show how little I bother to read op post, given how awful his takes usually r.
    Thought he was right about something for once

20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Yo give me the lottery numbers for the powerball

raining threes likes this.