1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Amen Thompson tank thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OremLK, Apr 19, 2023.

1. MystikArkitect

Miller now at +140 to go #3.

Freaks -> Playmakers -> Wings. Always.

BaselineFade likes this.
  2. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

I remember Lillard being very impressed with Amen Thompson I’m starting to believe we are going to get Brandon Miller

3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

4. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Weird. I remember everyone being impressed with everybody in the last few days. :D

Well, except for Cam Whitmore who apparently will be drafted in the 2nd round now.

5. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Yea I mentioned something similar today, from what pro scouts say it's in general a much slower and more organised league than people think.

People just see the highlights of Amen&Ausar and assume the entire league is non-physical run&gun with no gameplans, but a lot of those transition opportunities and baskets the Thompson twins got are due to their insane athleticism and feel for the game.

zeeshan2 likes this.
  6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

7. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

So I could bet $1billion and walk off with a cool $1 million for a 2 minute transaction?

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

9. cheke64

cheke64 Member

[​IMG]

Salvy likes this.
  10. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

N0t going to dispute the overall point thats being made because i just dont know enough, but why not show more clips and just keep showing that same one from different angles?

Also the way the defense is pressuring Amen way out top and blitzing him off the screen does not seem like good defense or him being well scouted.

11. PhiSlammaJamma

The twins should pull a switcheroo, and then make a movie out it.

12. IslandB.O.I.sBurner

Ben Dubose get the script?

13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

14. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Cassidy Hubbarth looking like she just left the prom to do the show. lol.

15. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

The more I watch and read about this kid, especially his interviews, the more I'm comfortable with him at 4. He carries himself well. Sounds mature for his age and no doubt confident. Still concerned about the shooting, but if Ben Sullivan is all that, maybe shouldn't be.

CHAMPBOY likes this.
  16. matchesmalone

matchesmalone Member

I love Amen, I hope we draft him. Him and Sengun will be so dang likeable together.

Salvy likes this.
  17. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I like it! These kids got personality!

CHAMPBOY and Salvy like this.
  18. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

I doubt Amen Thompson is there at 4 for us. I spoke on this last week that I felt this exact scenario would play out. I didn't think it was a chance in Hell that Charlotte would pass on Scoot Henderson. Which leaves Portland with either taking Miller or Amen Thompson. I think the upside that Amen Thompson has will be far too great for Portland to pass on. Guys that demand double teams (Banchero) or create easy buckets (Amen Thompson) for others come at a PREMIUM in the NBA. Most teams are willing to gamble on guys like that and will let another team pick a guy like Jabari Smith or Brandon Miller that has a higher floor but a lower ceiling. Then pair all this with the fact that Damian Lillard loves Amen Thompson and they are both from Oakland too. I think it's pretty much a done deal at this point. We will be drafting Brandon Miller or Ausar Thompson or Cam Whitmore. I hope I am wrong but I don't think so...

Believe It! likes this.
  19. J.R.

J.R. Member

Has anyone determined how to tell them apart? What if they send us the wrong twin? :eek:;)

20. OremLK

OremLK Member

Amen has the bigger hair, Ausar is also a little taller at the shoulders

J.R. likes this.