1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Nov 2, 2019.

1. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

[​IMG]

2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Forgot to mention and may be relevant: this Spider-Man is Spider-ManHalfBlack.

3. VanityHalfBlack

Nah it's cool, just wish it was live action. I just can't do anything animated, need the real human drama aspect to it.

4. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

A+ great fathers day movie

dmoneybangbang, GRENDEL and MadMax like this.
  5. clos4life

clos4life Member

Finally got around to seeing it. Great movie, one of the best superhero movies I've ever seen. Take that back. One of the best movies I've ever seen, period.

dmoneybangbang, GRENDEL and Xerobull like this.
  6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

The ringer called an all time comic book movie and I have to agree. They outdid the first one

sucks about
    -the ending; I think everyone groaned knowing this wouldn’t be resolved in one movie
    -I did like the middle eastern Spider-Man but those “jokes” are only inside jokes for middle eastern people it feels like
    -Donald glover cameo was great
    -love all the twists and turns this movie had; miles being in the wrong dimension when he told his mom about his identity, other miles from another dimension, etc.
    -this movie did the same thing pretty much as the flash in regards to the multiverse and plot points and did it way better

clos4life and dmoneybangbang like this.
  7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

8. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Cool, can you show us the 'press release' where dragons's and unicorns's are real? Buy Spider-Man 2.

9. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So I finally saw this yesterday. I'll start by saying this: I loved every bit of what I saw. I loved the first one but went in with low expectations and it blew me away. This one I went in with incredibly high expectations. It was still amazing, but my biggest complaints where what you aluded to in your spoiler bullets. I'll spoiler as well:

It felt like an incomplete movie. It was great and amazing but they set up multiple villains in this movie and had no payoff/final conflict on ANY of them. After I realized the movie was ending I thought back and I suppose the "climax" of the movie was just Miles running away from 100s of spiderpeople/creatures? I mean, that sequence was amazing but it was just a chase scene and didn't feel like a climax at all.

It felt a bit like I got cheated and didn't get a full movie. Similar to how I felt in Harry Potter Deathly Hallows part 1, but at least going into that movie you knew it was part 1 of a 2 parter, so you kind of align yourself to not really resolving the conflicts. There was no indication of that in this movie that I saw, so it felt a bit like the story they wanted to tell was just too long so it was going to be split up with no real effort to give a satisfying ending to THIS movie. Maybe I'm too hampered by the traditional 3 act storytelling, but I'm frankly a little surprised there wasn't more discussion of it in this thread.

But past that, everything was amazing. I do think my theater was one of those that didn't get the sound mix right because I struggled to hear some of the dialogue, with the British punk spiderman (Hogie?) being the hardest to understand. The fast-talking dialogue makes that extra tough and I'm sure I missed a lot of fun jokes either laughing through other jokes or because I just didn't hear/understand. The Mumbattan spiderman was pretty tough to follow also.

Can't wait to see the next installment and I really, really hope the tweet about it moving to 2026 is fake because if they give us what feels like a part 1 type movie, then they better not make us wait 3 more years to see the part 2.

Blatz likes this.
  10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Saw it. F- rating. You cant just end a theatrical movie release without an ending. Empire Strikes Back is how it's done. This was stupid. Completely unforgivable. Any momentum going into the ending "the next movie" is lost.

This is the equivalent of BALL STOPPING.

11. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

I thought the same. It felt very incomplete to me. As if they rip the movie in two for a quick turnaround to get some extra cash.

VanityHalfBlack and Ziggy like this.
  12. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I won't give it an F but I agree that the ending was horrible, which is a shame because the movie was so visually stunning.

Ziggy likes this.
  13. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

It prob wouldn't taste as bad if they release the next one within 6 months.

The long delay should be punished plus the fact that they didn't bill it as a Pt 1 like Infinity War or that last MI nobody watched.

Ziggy likes this.