1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The DreamShake says.....Rox Secretly trying to trade KPJ

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Jun 16, 2023.

1. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I’m not a fan of KPJ as PG, but I would love to see him as a gunner off the bench. Green light to fire away. I think he could be a 6th Man of the Year candidate if the Rockets start winning. He’s currently better than Green, but the investment in Green is likely going to keep him in the starting lineup. I think people are sleeping on him to a degree. Defensive lapses and body language are things that I believe Udoka is the perfect coach for correcting.

BigMaloe, Denovo, PatBev and 14 others like this.
  2. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I agree but I don’t even know if he needs to come off the bench. He’s just not a half court pg and would compliment the high post offense with Sengun as the main facilitator.

fattz and theDude like this.
  3. monster

monster Member

Do you think he would be content coming off the bench? I doubt it, but who knows. Most of these youngsters are looking to be starters. With his history of immaturity, I’d be nervous expecting him to go along w this plan.

BUT, what a great way for him to show that he’s grown up. Spend a season or two as 6th man, still getting significant minutes, and eventually being a sold starter (for whichever team).

fattz and raining threes like this.
  4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Do you think Jalen Green would be content coming off the bench?

Maybe have him spend a few seasons on the bench learning how to play so that eventually he can be a solid starter for some team.

fattz likes this.
  5. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

I think they do not like Brandon because they have not ask or talked about bring Brandon to workout for them…but they have begged Scoot to workout for them

6. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

I think Stone has learned his lesson from last year. We have already worked out Amen Thompson yet there was no leaks or reports about the workout even happening. If the Rockets don't like Miller we will never know...

raining threes likes this.
  7. raining threes

KPJ will be fine running the point with the 2nd team for 10-12 minutes per game.

BamBam likes this.
  8. OremLK

OremLK Member

Just too hard to know what's even going on with teams this time of year. You never know when they legitimately don't like a guy and when they're playing their cards close to their chest. Or when they're head-over-heels for a guy but smokescreening somebody else to keep other teams off of him. Too much gamesmanship going on leading into draft night.

Htown's Finest likes this.
  9. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

I do not like KPJ’s antics on the court like yelling at the refs, fake injuries when he miss a shot and jogging back in transition defense. However, we do need him he is a good shooter, willing defender and rebounder. He has the chance to be a great 6th Man for us, with Amen leading the charge with Tari on the wing

10. fattz

fattz Member

It’s been hard to watch and comprehend the last few years of the actions of the Rocket’s leadership. Porter’s role is very much needed on our team. Green is not our answer as we witnessed. Porter or someone like him, is very much needed to balance out our team. Remember there has been very little structure on the team, too. Porter is going blowup next season if a Rocket. In which direction is the unknown. I think we are going to be in for a treat because Porter seems to care about team. I see talent & skills that other players just don’t have in Porter. The pairing of him and Green in well defined roles will take our team to another level of play.

Porter is a grown man now, giving someone a chance to succeed is also giving them a chance to fail. It’s okay, remember this entertainment at the end of the day for us. That said I want only great things for my Rockets.

confession - I didn’t / don’t like the play of Porter most of the time. My thought is, If that is what the coach likes or letting happen that is on the coach not the player. I will say this too, Porter has more talent then we have witnessed thus far. Do you really think Silas has untapped anyone’s total potential?

BamBam, raining threes and DaDakota like this.
  11. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

The first rule of secret trade KPJ club is we don’t talk about secret trade KPJ club.

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

THANK YOU!!!

At the end of the day Porter was given the ball and told to beat the other team ALL BY HIMSELF and did so quite successfully.....this guy is a budding STAR player, and people are missing out on one of the best stories in the league.

DD

13. dmoneybangbang

At the end of the day he is a gunner. If he was told to beat the other team all by himself…. it led to a terrible record. He’s on a great contract because of his emotionally volatility.

Lol…. best story of the league. Quit the team during a game but I guess that shows moxie to you….

14. dmoneybangbang

His biggest value to the rockets future is his contract.

raining threes likes this.