1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anyone been hit by a car?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Mathloom, Jun 15, 2023.

1. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Call Jim Adler, the Texas Hammer.

Hope you get better.

IBTL, Dredd and Mathloom like this.
  2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I was in a pretty bad car accident once upon a time. It was a 45-50 MPH head on collision between a Camaro and an F-150. I was crashed out in the back of the Camaro when it happened, it was pretty rough. Looking at the car, you wouldn't think there was any survivors.

I ended up with a pretty bad concussion among other things, which led to me bailing on the whole thing, running a few miles away and calling some friends to get me. I ended up having them take me to a hospital, which was a whole different crazy story. Anyway, turns out decision making with a severe concussion isn't always the best.

My buddy that owned the car had no idea where I went and when first responders arrived to the scene they thought he was delusional, looking for someone who wasn't there. Between that and how godawful the wreck looked, they freaked out and called life flight for my friend, but he was fine, just some broken ribs.

I remember after the accident feeling really weird for a few weeks, some feeling in the back of my mind that I was super weak and I couldn't survive anything too serious until I recovered. I didn't really enjoy driving for a while after that.

Of course, it was all temporary and I was back to normal after i healed up properly.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

First, I am so glad you are going to be ok - sounds like you had a near death experience.

Rest up, but you may be dealing with the feelings of almost dying - it should calm and pass over time.

Get some rest, sue the CRAP out of that driver and get some $$$$, and come to Houston to watch the Rockets.

Again, glad you made it....that must have been terrifying.

DD

4. Sajan

Sajan Member

This is expected mental state for something traumatic happening to you.
    Check yourself out physically first to make sure there are no internal damages!

...and with time you will recover mentally..

Mathloom and CCity Zero like this.
  5. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I've hit a car. Does that count?

IBTL and Mathloom like this.
  6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

7. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Concussions can have those symptoms, let your doctor know what you are going through.

Mathloom likes this.
  8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Damn, sorry to hear that. I would say you should stay vigilant about physical or cognitive things to make sure nothing gets worse or even just a little weird over the next few months. I would also recommend talking to a therapist or psychologist. I, too, have long been a proponent of the "shrug it off and move on" mentality, but not anymore. Something happened years ago that woke me the **** up. I should have dealt with an issue but instead I just tried to not think about it, and that did not go well. Don't be stupid like me.

Mathloom likes this.
  9. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

[​IMG]

10. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

You guys are really f*cking awesome man. Appreciate all the advice and support here. I'm feeling normal slowly but still set up a therapist session just in case.

DaDakota likes this.
  11. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Strained muscles??

Test the most important one.

Immediately.

IBTL and Mathloom like this.
  12. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

That was one of my first thoughts too hahaha.

IBTL likes this.