1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Venting Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaneB, Aug 2, 2004.

Tags:
  1. DaneB

DaneB Member

There has been so many postings where certain BBS members make certain remarks about what can be done over and over again even though a countless number of other posters have already said. For example I just read something about the contracts of Taylor and Weatherspoon (he is not a FA!) and no matter how many times we tell people about the rules of the trade exemption, they still don't seem to get it. Anybody tired of this? Go ahead and post here. :D (This will probably be locked, but what the hey! I think its in the right forum since I'm asking for responses about roster moves).

2. lavarock

lavarock Contributing Member

I should start a new thread about too many venting threads on others venting :D

3. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

thanks for this thread. It reminded me that I need to clean my air conditioning vent.

its summer and its hot as hot dog with hot mustard in H-town right now so lets vent and cool off.

I hear you DaneB, but Im not tired of it. I like it.

When are the Rockets going to use their trade exception? They need to wait and use it right after the first cold front sweeps down past Houston. Theres just something about making valuable summer trades or signings after the first chill settles in the air, remember drexler.

When are they going to make some moves?
    just do it already, we need some news.
    fantasy trades? I like them, make them. one a day. we need to start signing and trading guys once a week, or else we're stagnating and not building a championship team. change before change can even change. thats the way to go.

and sign we liu! and his mongolian brother Meng Batter too.

and we need more pics of Yao getting out his car;yao taking a crap; yao feeding ducks; yao playing chess; give us more yao. yao rowing a rowboat, take it, snap it, post it, I'll buy that for more than a dollar.

I'm for doing all these things.

4. codell

codell Contributing Member

All the trade threads are tiresome. I wish there was just one big sticky that people could post these in.

Its all fantasy hogwash stuff and nothing else.

5. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

:mad:

Thanks. Now I feel better.

6. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Doesn't that pretty much sum up what sports is all about? I'm all for the trade speculation. It's fun, it's mentally stimulating. I guess it can be taken to excess but no one is compelled to read even a single post.

7. DanzelKun

DanzelKun Contributing Member

8. Willis25

Willis25 Contributing Member

you have to admit though, there are a LOT of people spending WAY too much time on realgm.com

[​IMG]

9. codell

Its still fantasy stuff. I just don't see the point. Out of the 99,000 trade ideas I have seen posted, I have see only 1 come true (Gater's Francis/McGrady trade).

These trade threads serve once goal, and that is to serve the poster's armchair GM ego.

:) :)

10. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Yeah. And? ;)

11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Can't agree, codell. Giddy and I have dustups in D&D (how'd ya like my little poem, giddy? ;) ), but we're on the same page here. Many, perhaps most, uh, perhaps 80-90% of the trade ideas or goofy, especially the ones from members who start a thread for an idea that's been hashed and re-hashed before, or is in violation of every conceivable by-law of the CBA. But there are many good ones from folks like Hottoddie, for example, that people like me enjoy reading. The odds of them happening are slim, granted, but many of us enjoy the ideas and speculation. Don't like them? Don't read them!

(and then there are the 90% of trade ideas like I described above that drive you crazy... I skim past them, unless it's to make a comment about how absurd they are. You can do the same. :) )

12. daNasty

daNasty Member

Why is this post doing in this thread? Shouldn't this be move?

13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Your post? Hey, if you insist and the Admins want to. ;)

14. codell

Deckard,

Its still fantasy stuff and its still all about being an armchair GM.

BTW, I don't have a choice but to read them because 95% of them are improperly titled (i.e. you can't tell the difference between poster/armchair GM fantasy stuff and legit rumors from the media).
    All these redundant trade topics, that will almsot assuredly never happen just end up pushing legit threads off the front page.

:)

15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I'd have no problem with the admins closing most of the threads your're talkng about. Most of us agree that a whole slew of them are something you'd expect to see at one of those sites we prefer to remain nameless, or perhaps from a 6th grader. But the other trade threads and speculation are still entertaining to many of us and a big part of the GARM, at least until the season starts. Then they crop up from time to time, depending on who's having a bad week. ;)

16. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

I do not daydream about being a GM. I enjoy the dreamcasting more from a window shopping perspective - my daydream is for CD to assemble a team of 5 all-stars, and for me, as a fan, to be attending more Rockets' championship parades downtown.

17. bongman

bongman Member

Out of curiosity...

What is the fascination with these fantasy trades? What do people get out of it?

18. tksense

tksense Member

probably a triumphant "I told you so" when the fantasy is but realized (such as the McGrady trade). But, in the end still no one would care about the prophet.

19. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I couldn't be happier. :rolleyes:

20. PSU

PSU Member

i think the more annoying threads are the ones that suggest the rockets sign the entire fricking chinese national team. I am of cinese ancestry too, but this is NBA basketball, not the olympics. Try to be a Rockets fan!