1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How much are you willing to spend on CP3?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by fchowd0311, Jun 7, 2023.

1. OremLK

OremLK Member

I would give him a two year $30M contract if he would take it, but I don't think he would. I think you'd have to pay him literally twice as much as anybody else to get him to come back given his history with our organization. Some contender will offer him the full MLE.

BallSoHarden and fchowd0311 like this.
  2. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I'm betting he's fine with taking a pay cut to be with his kids and LeBron in LA.

Remember that factor in his going to the Suns originally was being a manageable distance from his kids, Lakers will have cap space, CP is getting 15 mill from the Suns this year as well.

If he's picking a Texas team to **** around with the youth and get paid more then what the Lakers are offering, he won't be looking any further east then SA with Pops, Wemby and an FO/owner that hasn't "stabbed him in the back"

#22 ThatBoyNick, Jun 7, 2023
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2023
    Little Bit, jch1911 and fchowd0311 like this.
  3. OremLK

OremLK Member

One other aspect of this--does one more good point guard on the market lower the demand a bit for a guy like FVV?

4. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

A stupid person is someone who thinks a 39-year-old guy who is "eager to help a team contend for a championship" is going to come play with our scrubs when the only thing missing that will cement his legacy is a championship.

5. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Even though he has been voted president by the players he is one of the most hated players.

At his present age and injury history....he is the proverbial, what good is it to have a Ferrari if it's always in the shop?

At least Boban has jokes

6. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

"Hey CP3, want to come coach our youngsters and give up any chance at a ring?"
    [​IMG]

7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

The Suns could be a landing spot for FVV through a S&T deal

8. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

If he's happy to be here then I'd give him a maximum of $40m/2yrs. I doubt he's interested AND I don't like CP3, but it would be a good signing. He's a proven mentor, very good defensive and offensive captain. My main concern is can he give us 60 games per season for 2 seasons?

jch1911 likes this.
  9. OremLK

OremLK Member

True, that's possible. What assets do they have to give up that Toronto would be interested in taking on $$$ for though? Or can they somehow do it through a cap exception of some kind?

10. Reeko

Reeko Member

Why tf would he come here? He hates Tilman, and this team isn’t winning a title any time soon. Unlike Harden, he has no ties to this place either

What is an “overpay” for Chris Paul anyways?

roslolian, maj21 and CHAMPBOY like this.
  11. PatBev

PatBev Member

I’d go offer him 1 year 25 million

Then I’d offer Brook Lopez a two year 40 million

Trade KMJ, Tate, Christopher, Tyty for an additional 10 million in cap and try to go get Cam or Reeves

maj21 likes this.
  12. thegame_2234

thegame_2234 Contributing Member

I'm Huge on the idea of the James Harden and Chris Paul duo because of the average over both now we will need to have a clear picture or path on which will be the bench or role players without taking a huge lap on that I personally will stay with the best four young players that we have ;) Thank youuuu

13. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

LOL

The vet minimum.

14. jch1911

jch1911 Member

CP3 to LA all but confirmed (fam, LeBron, contender, commercials, etc.). I think the Suns are trying to decide if they want to S&T for Russell

15. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

Why do we think he would come here but only to the Lakers or Philly?

16. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

ZERO !!!!!!!!!!!! NOT FOR THE Rockets under any circumstances!!!!!!!!!! Y

17. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

18. topfive

topfive CF OG

Haven't you heard? All the best free agents are beating down the door to join a team that has been historically bad for the last 3 years and somehow still didn't end up with Wembanyama.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  19. dmoneybangbang

Don't see as an option given his history with us but he is certainly more the culture setter/ mentor than Harden.

Harden is just a much better player at this point but will want more money and longer years.

20. roslolian

roslolian Member

He gonna be teach them how to lose 2-0 leads in the playoffs.