1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Most hated teams

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by GBpack23, May 30, 2023.

1. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

Im In Mexico, but also the cowboys fans I know, they always think they are going to be bad, very pessimstic.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  2. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

The Texans haven't been good enough in games that count for me to ramp up the kind of hatred that builds up in baseball, or basketball.

3. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

It's so refreshing to hear another Texan fan finally say this.

The Cowboys are non-existent in my brain except for 1 week every 4 years.

Wattafan likes this.
  4. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Hating the cowboys has nothing to do with being a Texans fan. If you’re a Houston fan, you should hate the cowboys and their overrated ass. Fans included

red5rocket likes this.
  5. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I get it, but to me, hating them is giving them too much rent space in your head. They're not worth the energy.

As an Astros fan, I actually LOVE that so many teams fans hate us. But what really bugs me is when they don't care either way.

red5rocket and cmoak1982 like this.
  6. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I root against all things Dallas, but it's not the "sports hate" I feel for the Titans

7. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

That last part is true. I just don’t like the entire city of Dallas in general

red5rocket likes this.
  8. SuraGotMadHops

Hate the Cowboys and root against them at every opportunity. That's really it, to a much lesser extent maybe the Titans, but they are so far removed from this city that I see them as a foreign franchise now. At the beginning it would've killed me to see them win a SB after leaving, the Rams/Titans SB was hard because they made it pretty quickly after they left Houston, but when I saw them come up a yard short I was like "I guess the Oilers are still in them."

Other than that, I enjoy casually watching any games and any teams without hating one way or another.

9. Buck Turgidson

You know, you're 100% right. I think I just reflexively listed the Cowboys.

Agreed 100% on the Cowboy fans I know (and I know a *whole* lot more since I moved out of Houston), they're about as "**** it, gametime is an excuse to bbq and drink beer on Sundays" as Texans fans are.

I do despise Jerry Jones though (and so does every Cowboy fan I know). I grew up with them as Team 1B to the Oilers 1A, because that's who my dad loved ever since they existed. That changed for both of us when Jerry bought the team.

Shark44 and cmoak1982 like this.
  10. Buck Turgidson

Yet the most obnoxious Cowboy fans I've been around are at a Mexican restaurant bar on Sunday?

11. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

Well, Im saying the ones I know, haha, I dont doubt there are plenty that could be very obnoxious.

Buck Turgidson likes this.