1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jaylen Brown’s Value Is A All Time Low, We Need To Trade For Him Now!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CHAMPBOY, May 29, 2023.

?

Would you trade for Jaylen Brown now? Great low value to buy?

1. Make the Trade!

51 vote(s)
    34.0%
  2. Nope. Trust the Process.

99 vote(s)
    66.0%
  1. i3artow i3aller

2. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Wing player that can't dribble thanks but no thanks.

Rokman likes this.
  3. Rokman

Rokman Member

Speaking of wing players that can't dribble, anyone watch Amen Thompson dribble? You haven't? Watch and enjoy.

4. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

Amen is ok, why do fans want a player that has no FLAWS. I would take Brown in a heartbeat. He might not be a #1 on a Championship Team…we do not know. However, having Brown, Harden, Green, Sengun and Jabari can compete with Denver and Phoenix…with KPJ as our 6th Man

5. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

What do you mean the man has no handles? Clutchfans told me he rivals Kyrie + Chris Paul in his ability to handle (against high schoolers)!

Rokman likes this.
  6. RollingWave

RollingWave Member

I mean, it's all relative yeah? if they'll trade Brown for a relatively small price then obviously yes, but what is "relatively low" price is a serious question.

Given where Boston is at, you'd think they'd prioritize players more so than picks, and given their cap structure etc, I would assume Porter has to be one of the guys going back unless they think S&T Martin to a significant deal is worth more.

So let's say it's Porter + , who would you not trade, I'll give my feeling anyway.

Sengun: no
    Green: no
    #4 pick: think about it, lean no.
    Tari : think about it, lean no
    Jabari: Think about it
    Martin: yes
    Tyty Garuba Christopher : yes
    Tate : yes
    #20 : yes, definitely.
    Brooklyn Swaps & Picks : throwing in some is acceptable depending on what else is in there.
    Taking back Brogdon if they view him as negative salary: yes

Ultimately though, I don't think Boston is going to trade Brown without a crazy offer, and I don't think Houston at this stage should give that offer.

7. Rokman

Rokman Member

I guess you got me there. $hit! I hate getting publicly schooled.

8. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

5yrs $295 million plus 2 first rounders and 2 pick swaps its too steep a price.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

10. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

The fact is Jalen and Jabari are the highest drafted Rockets in 20 years. We have hitched our wagon to these gen Zer top 3 picks.

Their lot is to become our Hakeem, our Steve Francis, our Yao Ming, our Tracy McGrady, or GTFO.

One of three things will happen:
    1. They have to get to an elite level
    2. We have to trade them into elite players
    3. This entire rebuild was a failure (for Tilman to add to his sterling resume)

If #3 happens, there are two paths:
    3a. Tank again
    3b. Go all-in on all-star but not franchise free agent talent and become Atlanta Hawks or New Orleans Pelicans level bubble team for 3-5 years

This was always the outcome, this is always the plan when you have to rebuild.

So in the context of Jalen Brown: yes, he has to be a franchise altering player to the level of McGrady or James Harden for the Rockets to "win" this deal under any circumstances.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  11. marinara

marinara Member

So we get brown without trading anything? How?

12. marinara

marinara Member

which brown isn’t Harden or McGrady levels. His an all star, not a superstar.

napalm06 likes this.
  13. OremLK

OremLK Member

Wait for him to hit free agency next offseason and save some cap space. Hope Boston doesn't offer him supermax money and he gets mad enough to leave.

14. marinara

marinara Member

I don’t see how he doesn’t leave Boston this off-season to be honest. They ain’t going to give him super max they would have already.

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

*newsflash* they can't offer it until earliest July 1 and he isn't a FA

OremLK likes this.
  16. marinara

marinara Member

they would have already had talks for ages, not like July 1st comes around and they just decide then. It’s already been decided. Hence the rumours.

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

wrong. another classic cf's take where they make up their own personal narrative and pass it on as facts

this is the well on june 1 we haven't heard them say they're offering him supermax so they're definitely not going to when the earliest they can say so is July 1.

18. marinara

marinara Member

Isn’t the whole reason he wants to leave because they may not offer him a super max?

what about when traded for harden? Did we just decide after we traded for him we would max him out?

If he was getting a super max there wouldn’t be trade rumours. It’s also clear Tatum and Brown won’t win them a ring, how they supposed to fill the rest of the roster with having them both super maxed? I might be putting 1+1 = 2 but I’m not totally making up a narrative.

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

who said anything about him wanting to leave? random CF's takes doesn't speak for him nor does online twitter randoms. Did Brown actually ask out? No. ok. Did Stevens say they don't value him and will not offer him max? No. ok

what does harden have anything to with Brown. It doesn't.

Silly trade rumors has nothing to do with the actual situation.

There's nothing clear about Tatum/Brown not being able to win a ring. They've had a ton of success to this point at very early stages of their career. The trajectory says they absolutely can compete for a title together

20. marinara

marinara Member

I listen and read more tales than CF. The rumour around the league that Brown wants to be the man.

I mean Brown being out played by a undrafted player in the ECF would probably show Tatum/Brown aren’t going to win a ring without somehow adding another significant player which I don’t see happening if they both maxed out.