1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jaylen Brown’s Value Is A All Time Low, We Need To Trade For Him Now!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CHAMPBOY, May 29, 2023.

?

Would you trade for Jaylen Brown now? Great low value to buy?

1. Make the Trade!

51 vote(s)
    34.0%
  2. Nope. Trust the Process.

99 vote(s)
    66.0%
  1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Sengun is.

cml750 likes this.
  2. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

That stats back you up on the Unassisted FG , but Bane does more than just take shots created for him . Bane's and Greens usage are similar , but Bane has a higher assist percentage. So while , he may be on the recieving end of more opportunities from teamates .. hes also creating more for them as well

And green IS just potential. Im sorry , but until your team wins more than 25 games , you dont matter .

And look , while its "impressive" that green is scoring so many points unassisted ... all that stat shows you is percentages . It could have been that Green made the wrong play jacking up an unassisted shot and he should have read the defense differently etc ... If you get thrown a pass with .5 left on the clock with a defender in your grilll and you make it ... it counts as an assisted FG .

I understand offense is important , but I think you focus on scoring too much . What matters is at the end of the game your team has scored more than the other team.

If you want Green to be a great offensive player he has to do it in other ways in addition to scoring

All that stat shows is that given a certain set of circumstances you can group green with some other great players. Did green average more rebounds or assists or steals than ANYONE on that list ?

Green is scoring better than a young Kobe or Tmac , hes going to be better because of that stat right ??

you and i both know the story has yet to be written. How many players under the age of 21 even attempted 11 fg a game ?

Last point on Bane , he was absolutely a key piece on the 21-22 grizzlies that won 56 games. He started 76 and Morant only played 57 games that year. He did that with a 22 year old Jaren Jackson and Steven Adams as the other guys starting more than 60 games. Imagine if Jalen Green were forced to play with that poor of spacing !1!!!1

Bane is damn good and has proven it by earning minutes on a team that won games .

3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Banes having a higher assist rate while having Clint Capella self creation numbers tells you there is a player on that team that is breaking down defenses initially where Bane is merely the connecting passer from a more talented player doing the actual breaking down of the defense. Green is tasked to do the breaking down of the defense on the Rockets. He's not in position much to be a "connective passes". Bane is the beneficiary of a lot of Morant hockey assists.

And I'll provide you the story of Bridges. A 3rd option on a good team who played elite defense traded to a team where he is catapulted to number one option where his defensive analytics plummet to negatives.

Role players better do the other things well. Where would they be expending their energy then? He isn't tasked to break down defenses like Green or his teammates Morant.

#103 fchowd0311, May 30, 2023
    Last edited: May 30, 2023
  4. fchowd0311

Also to your point about his unassisted rate being so high because he might take a lot of poor shots attempts off the dribble when he could have passed for a better attempt...

That rate is unassisted fgs MADE not attempted. So by the very nature of them being made, they are good shots.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  5. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

When an NBA coach compares your speed to that of Kyle Anderson.....a guy nicknamed, "Slow-Mo"

Then you ain't the franchise player and never will be

#105 ApacheWarrior, May 30, 2023
    Last edited: May 30, 2023
  6. dmoneybangbang

The devil is in the details….

I wouldn’t make a “god father offer” but you are including one of Green, Jabari, or #4 as the headliner.

7. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

theres only 1 player on each team tasked with breaking down the defense ?

For their career Bane gets assisted on about 20% more or his shots . Thats a good difference. I think he more than makes up for that high converting at a higher percentage , playing defense , and still asisting more than green.

How about comparing a stat where they are both likely getting assisted ? Green has shot 35 % on corner 3's . Bane has shot 45 %

You ask me how Bane would do in Greens "role" .. im not sure , but when Morant has been out , Memphis has still been good . That might be a bit of proof that Bane can handle primary guard duties .

What about how green would play in Bane's role ? After all , if we got another great player , Green would have to play of-ball more .. well hes not doing nearly as well. When has green shown anything on D ? Cant hit open 3's .. at least not at the rate of Bane ..

You are massively underestimating Bane .. and as usual massively overestimating Green .

8. fchowd0311

Banes gets assisted on 30% more of his fgs made. That would be the difference between Lamelo Ball and Clint Cappella. That is a difference in having completely different duties on a team. Sorry but you are really underplaying this difference.

So yes someone who has a career 24% unassisted rate is getting their assists not from breaking down defenses at some consistent pace where you'd say "it's part of their game". Even though unassisted rate of fgs made only shows the rate at which you score unassisted, it does give a good indication of the percentage of your actions like turnovers, assists, fgs missed, fgs made come off the dribble or from being a recipient of others. So no, Bane doesn't do much of the breaking down. And you can see that by actually watching games. He doesn't have much in ability to seperate himself off the dribble from his defender. He has decent strength to bully ball a bit once he gets closer to the rim but he's going to need a offensive system where a more talented player is breaking down defenses and giving him good looks to be effective.

9. marinara

marinara Member

Rather see what JALEN does instead of JAYLEN

10. cml750

cml750 Member

Trade assets for a player who could walk at the end of next season? Assets for a player we can sign without giving up anything after next season? It would be one of Stone's stupider moves. This team will not contend next year. Let Ime work with the young guys for a season. See what we need after that and then sign players / make trades based off of next season. Making a trade like this makes no sense at this time.

peleincubus, Tuckmose and jim1961 like this.
  11. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

12. OremLK

OremLK Member

Oof.

Do not want.

roslolian, cml750 and snowconeman22 like this.
  13. J.R.

J.R. Member

14. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

Wow…that’s a lot of money

15. OremLK

OremLK Member

These supermax contracts are going to be half a billion before long at this rate. If you somehow managed to pick up two of 'em you'd be a billionaire. (Well not really because taxes, but on the other hand... endorsement deals...)

16. invocux

invocux Member

Wonder which r****d will give him that

17. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Boston

roslolian likes this.
  18. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I think its 20 % , but regardless it IS a difference youre right

However, consider this factor too. There is Skill in being in the right position to receive an assist. Some of that is on the passer , but some on the reciever. Just like a great passer needs people to make buckets to get credited with an assist, the guy ALSO has to be in the right position.

also , we can go back an forth for days on the numbers , but look at highlights from 2 playoff games agaisnt a good defensive team. Bane scores in a myriad of ways on and off-ball.

Excluding his rookie year ,
    In the playoffs He averages 20.3 ppg on 45 / 42 / idk ( did this math by hand so take it for what its worth )
    eye test he gets to the line about 3.5 times a game and is an very good FT shooter.

He got to the line more overall this year .

This is proven production with some upside still remaining . I'd feel very comfortable making him a number 2 option and expecting 22-26 ppg on great efficiency along with solid defense for the next 5 years.

I think i wouldnt trade green for him in a vacuum , but I'd definitely consider it .. and depending on what happens with the draft it may make sense for us . I dont think MEM would do it . What if miller was the pick ? scoot 2 amen 3 .. what if scoot was available ? Hell maybe if Amen is there we like that pairing better .

Im just not that sold on green. You can point to age related stuff and yes , he looks good there and that generally could have predictive power.

But watching the games i really think hes got a Loooooong way to go .

19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I like Brown
    and would have traded for him
    until I say that he maybe making 60 Million at the end of his contract

Rocket River

20. amaru

amaru Member

Tilman’s desperate enough to give him this if given the opportunity imho.