1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jaylen Brown’s Value Is A All Time Low, We Need To Trade For Him Now!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CHAMPBOY, May 29, 2023.

?

Would you trade for Jaylen Brown now? Great low value to buy?

1. Make the Trade!

51 vote(s)
    34.0%
  2. Nope. Trust the Process.

99 vote(s)
    66.0%
  1. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

I have no idea how any trade could make sense here. Boston is in win now mode and they have a pretty young but already experienced team, that can still grow together. I don't see, how any of our players or draft picks could be more valuable to them, than Brown - only if we overpay by a big margin. If they don't think Brown is a good pick, thy would probably look for other win now players.

And as for Brown: he can make more money in Boston and he can compete for a championship there. I know he likes Ime, but I have a hard time believing, that he would rather play for the Rockets.

So as much as I would like to get Brown - I don't see a realistic scenario to get him here that would also be good for the Rockets.

2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Everyone needs and wants a player like Sengun.

That's why we should build around Sengun, and anyone coming up with trade proposals involving Sengun should hand in their Rockets fan card.

groovemachine likes this.
  3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Would you do Sengun for Luka?

4. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I know you didn’t ask me , but of course … yes . However , it’s not like that move doesn’t have risk . Luka is racking up some mileage , there are questions about his defense , and he didn’t make the playoffs last year . Plus he is a bonafide max guy and will cost you much more than sengun for the next few years at least .

would you do green for luka ?

5. cheke64

cheke64 Member

You can never trade with Boston unless they fleece you.

6. fchowd0311

In a heartbeat without hesitation and that's coming to someone who thinks Luka is one of the most boring superstars to watch play and enjoying watching Green's electric playstyle.

roslolian, snowconeman22 and OremLK like this.
  7. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

This is one one would have to consider. Hypothetical though as Cuban would get assassinated by Mavs fans if he were to do it now. In a year or two...this might look a lot less ridiculous than it looks now.

8. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

here’s an interesting one . What about green for Bane ?

9. fchowd0311

Hell no. How's that even an interesting one?

roslolian likes this.
  10. amaru

amaru Member

I’d rather max out Harden than trade and max out Brown and I’m about 90% against Harden coming back at all.

roslolian and theDude like this.
  11. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

well bane is older , but he’s only been in the league for 3 years .

I think he’s primed for a breakout . He’s been a 40 percent 3 point shooter every year he’s been in the league . His rebounds , assists , and fts have gone up every year . He’s known as a solid defender .

and he’s been able to produce on a winning team . He helped Memphis win a lot in 21-22 when morant was hurt , but they didn’t have the same success with morant out this year .

so , he’s got good experience playing next to a ball-dominant pg , but might have more in the tank .

he’s 24 right now . He’s about 3.5 years older than green . He’s at least a couple years ahead of him as a b-ball player too .

idk how much stock you put in advanced stats , but he was 25th in the league in box plus minus , and top 40 in VORP .

he’s instantly be the best player on our team . Would be a 4th year vet at 25 years old . And he plays both ends of the floor .

green is still just potential at this point . He cannot impact the game as positively as bane can for you at this point .

12. bmelo

bmelo Member

it's either that or your basketball knowledge

13. bmelo

bmelo Member

I mean if it's KPJ/Nix/Tate/future picks... then i would do it not if it touches anyone from the last drafts

14. fchowd0311

Have you looked at the way he scores?

When people say 'he's producing on a winning team" it splits both ways. A number one option producing on a winning team splits towards "that's damn impressive ". A role player doing things efficiently on a winning team splits towards "well of course, he gets better spacing and structure to get easy buckets in the flow of a good offense".

And with Bane given that his career unassisted rate on his fgs made is Clint Capella level, he seems to fall in the later.

Green isn't just potential.
    [​IMG]

And he's doing this at 60% of his fgs made unassisted. Bane in his second year was at 18%. Bane made his jump this past season as a self creator to a whopping 34%.

They score in such different ways dude.

When you say Desmond Bane will instantly be our best player, are you factoring in that the dude hardly ever self creates and usually the best player is tasked to do that? How do you think he does in Green's role?

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  15. MystikArkitect

I'd trade the Nets picks and the 20 for him and that's about it.

16. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I would send Sengun packing....just like we did our other best player the year before, Christian Wood

17. roslolian

roslolian Member

Did you watch the Lakers run this season?

Jalen and Co are 20 yr old kids they ain't winning a ring next year. Trading the farm for 27 yr old Brown makes even less sense. Brown ain't dragging Jabari or whoevers left on the team anywhere.

18. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Wood was never our best player.

19. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Jaylen Brown really reminds me of Joe Johnson. Very Similar. Rockets better stay away.

Joe Johnson was way overpaid by Atlanta.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  20. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Neither is Sengun