1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Petition: Say No To Cythia Cooper (*TIM*)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DLS, Aug 2, 2004.

1. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

Even though Tim said this was false, I'm going to sign this petition anyway. It is that important.

Someone please start a "No Halftime Coop" petition thread while the getting is good.

2. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I wish we could get Charles Barkley to come in and announce the Rockets games...... I :D I think he'd be fun to watch with a Worrell around him.

3. daNasty

daNasty Member

She sux so does Calvin and Murphy. It's time to bring in a new voices and faces. It's time to hired Walton and some hot looking babe.

4. PiPdAdY33

PiPdAdY33 Member

I feel sort of set up, because when I 1st heard Color commentator that was too much, and then later I heard half time which I guess I'm supposed to breathe a sigh of relief at. But the half time show is still too much for me, say no to Cooper period, let her stick to the WNBA.

5. munco

munco Member

perhaps a protest outside the tv studio?
    it may sound extreme but i can't stand the thought of having to listen to her for a whole game let alone a whole season.

6. munco

munco Member

oh man. ha ha

7. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

"No To Cythia Cooper"

8. rockets-#1

rockets-#1 Contributing Member

I second that. Just in case there's a possibility of any Rockets management ever thinking about making her the color guy, I'm signing this with the hope of that never being a remotely close reality.

9. Bob

Bob Member

If I get NBA League pass and I can watch the opposing teams color commentator then I won't care too much. Unless Walton or someone like him is commenting.

But 48 minutes of Cooper is unbearable. At least during halftime last season I could take a beer drink or mow the yard. Please Rockets staff don't do this.

10. rickn

rickn Contributing Member

Please GOD make it happen or I'll just have to change the channel during halftime as I did last season.

11. unosigma

unosigma Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Even the English think it is a bad idea. Say no to Cynthia!!!!

12. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

Get Dave Chappelle to do the Rockets games with Bill Worrell-

"I'm Yao Ming b****!"

"Is T-Mac gonna have to choke a b****?"

13. WizzyWig

WizzyWig Member

Bring in Hakeem "the dream"...they can have subtitles like that one Mutombo comercial.

Anyone remember Hakeem's Bill Heard Chevrolet commercial from the Fox Sports Southwest days (see my signature for a reminder).

[this post is not meant to offend anyone in any way]

14. r-fan-since-81

r-fan-since-81 Contributing Member

15. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

too true Timbo.. i do believe you

Nevertheless if you are looking for someone, I'm interested

16. Rockets_Truth

Rockets_Truth Contributing Member

Cynthia Cooper was horrible last season during Rockets pre-game and half-time. She stutters and stammers on every frickin word I cant stand to listen to her talk. There is no way she will be a future Rockets commentator. This will actually ruin the season for me if this happens. :mad:

17. magnomonkey

magnomonkey Member

18. DLS

DLS Member

I understand. Still, can you just keep this thread on file for whenever a higher up even thinks of mentioning Cythia in the same sentence as "color commentator"? Thanks! =)

Tim you must understand, we love the rockets and will watch the games no matter what. Yet it's painful to have to watch for the love but have some other element that brings pain. The half time report is already pain enough....

19. drater

drater Contributing Member

20. Arnel

Arnel Member

I agree with "lal_da_munda". I spend at least an hour a day on this site, many times way more than that, and it's very rare that I respond my self, but I'd also like to say no to Cooper. She was an amazing player, but find her a position elsewhere.