1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[WC Finals] (1)Denver vs. (7)LA Lakers

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., May 12, 2023.

?

(1)Nuggets vs. (7)Lakers

Poll closed May 17, 2023.
  1. Nuggets in 4

2.7%
  2. Nuggets in 5

12.3%
  3. Nuggets in 6

52.1%
  4. Nuggets in 7

17.8%
  5. Lakers in 7

1.4%
  6. Lakers in 6

9.6%
  7. Lakers in 5

1.4%
  8. Lakers in 4

2.7%
  1. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Dude, chill out.

The Nuggets are a better basketball team.

They are one of the best teams in the league.

#1 in West.

They have the player who probably should’ve been on his 3rd MVP, this year. More politics.

You are one of those fans who keep fueling the media narrative by giving attention to the team that lost. LeBron didn’t play well, but I don’t think this series was going to be a give me. A superstar pushing 40 on the other end of his career

Nikola Jokic is showing why he’s the best player in the league, and is royally disrespected by the media, LeBron lovers/haters, and Embiid fans. Jokic has far greater impact on his team’s success than most players in the league. I’ll even say there’s some all time great players who have never had this type impact on their team’s winning a championship.

He’s having a historical year. Most NBA fans called it.

I said it way back in the bubble, like other ClutchFans users that “Denver was a team of the future.” I wouldn’t be shocked if the Lakers get swept or get knocked out in 5.

Even, I could reasonably see Denver not have much trouble with Boston or Miami.

Denver (&Jokic) is a tough matchup for any team.

The Lakers have had a good, turnaround season, but they have run into a buzzsaw. The Lakers and Warriors just caught two favorable matchups with good young teams who weren’t ready for prime time.

Plowman and Caesar like this.
  2. OremLK

OremLK Member

Just gassed IMO. Age + altitude. Makes it harder to finish high-effort plays like that.

3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

4. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

dunno why when i put it down, i was thinking: 'wht if someone replies to my post n mention hakeem's career ending?'
    To me, hakeem ended his career in Toronto's jercey is a sad one.

as a Kobe fan for life, i admire how Kobe ended his career when he still got abilities to score 60pt a night (his last nba game, against Jazz in staple center, on April 14, 2016). In this 'last dance', Kobe made 22 of 50 shots, including 6 of 21 from 3-point range and 10 of 12 from the foul line. (I know, all his teammates attempting to set him up for points on nearly every possession in the game)
    As a virgo, i can feel for another one…understand why Kobe keeps striving for perfection, n why he chooses to retire when can outpower others, i.e. seeking a perfect ending )
    That's why i feel bad for bron's flopping night in denver, many times when he drove to the basket for layups his legs obviously gave out, a real GOAT wouldn't end like this man…

Caesar likes this.
  5. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

this doesn't make sense, are you saying end of career kobe was better then end of career lebron? Kobe was complete trash his last few seasons and was just an attraction to sell tickets, he wasn't a real player

GotGame15 likes this.
  6. Major

Major Member

Kobe was terrible at the end of career - he couldn't shoot or do much of anything else. His team was terrible and they weren't playing for anything. 22-for-50 and 6-for-21 are not things to be proud of. Give Lebron or lots of other guys the ball on every possession and they could score 60 too. But instead of being on a 17-65 team, he's in the WCF and actually trying to play real basketball and win against the best team in the league. He may be aging and may not be able to do it, but acting like Kobe went out at the top of his game or whatnot is ridiculous.

GotGame15 and gifford1967 like this.
  7. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

[​IMG]

8. Caesar

Caesar Member

Real end of career kobe was the guy putting the team on his back for a playoff push that led to what really was a career ending injury. Yes he did have notable help but the team just couldn't gel and kobe love or hate it said **** it ill do it myself! That was really fun to watch old school kobe one last time. The last 60pt game was whatever. The real iconic end was hitting his 2 fts after the tear and walking off the court like a man.

He should have broken Kareem record before lebron broke kobes tbh. Kobe was just as maniacal about his fitness levels. I could have seen him playing til 39, 40 as well. Chucking 10 3s a game lol would have been entertaining for sure.

clos4life and DeBeards like this.
  9. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

man even putting kobe in the same sentence as lebron is insulting to lebron, not to mention that lebron improves in the playoffs while kobe gets worse compared to the regular season

10. Caesar

Caesar Member

I feel the same about the lebron vs mj stuff just as I did with the kobe vs mj talk but I think the gap is closer from kobe to bron than bron to mj..its all subjective in the end. In all time draft I would personally draft kobe over lebron, but thats just personal preference for thr style of basketball I would prefer to watch. Kareem. Bron. Timmy. Fantastic players. Boring. Ugly. Robotic.

11. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

LOL that is absolutely batshit insane. Saying you would draft kobe over lebron is no different then saying you would draft rafer alston over chris paul because you like his style more. Lebron is so far above kobe, the gap between them is MASSIVE. I'd take lebron over jordan but i can understand either view, but kobe over lebron is insane

12. Caesar

Caesar Member

Batshit insane is right.

I'd draft Hakeem over LeBron as well. Is that no different than taking Stanley Roberts over Shaq?

13. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

It’s not AS absurd but of course it’s completely idiotic. It’s one thing to hate a guy, that’s fine. But to spew this garbage is so disingenuous

14. Caesar

Caesar Member

You sound like Nick Wright when he got the memo to devalue anyone's greatness and legacy in front of LeBron's path-Kobe most notably before Jordan. Are you a Klutch Sports employee as well?

DeBeards likes this.
  15. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

I am not, can’t stand them

Caesar likes this.
  16. J.R.

J.R. Member

Scott Foster (#48) Bill Kennedy (#55) Mark Lindsay (#29) Mitchell Ervin (#27)

clos4life, JumpMan and pippendagimp like this.
  17. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

the heavy artillery is i says is a rollin in to save the day!

clos4life, JumpMan and J.R. like this.
  18. BigTex

BigTex Member

Foster Game 3 and Game 7 if Lakers manage to survive until then

clos4life and JumpMan like this.
  19. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Lakers definitely taking this one. Glad I have things to do tonight.

20. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

they could send foster every game, they did it to Sac. He went both games 6 AND 7 to get the warriors to round 2