1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets twitter is crazy

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sengoat28, May 18, 2023.

1. Sengoat28

Sengoat28 Member

So amen is better then the future all star Sengun.

The draft makes some people crazy and blind and stop using their brain

HardenReturns, #28, Ubiquitin and 3 others like this.
  2. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Thread is pointless without a @JCDenton graph....o_O

Go Rockets!!!

3. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Pay attention to MODERN NBA in that tweet. SMH you guys get so defensive and insecure get a grip. Moral of the story is that you kind of need to have decent shooters in the sport of basketball if you expect anything of substance. Asking for a Sengun game that is not limited to the restricted area is beating a dead horse by now.

edit: I guess crazy can be subjective see THIS is what I would call crazy from ROX twitter (Hi hakeem94 - I know you're still lurking!):

ApacheWarrior and xaos like this.
  4. OremLK

OremLK Member

Boy, this really couldn't have gone in one the six other "complain about Amen Thompson potentially being the pick" threads, huh?

harold bingo likes this.
  5. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

I thought about this on yesterday. Even with the current roster the SPACING is not good. We need someone in the frontcourt to space the floor. I thought it was going to be Jabari but he struggled with his shot and Sengun is hesitant about taking the 3.

If I'm the Rockets, I go HARD after Myles Turner or someone who offers the same qualities; rebounding, rim protection and 3pt shooting.

If they draft Amen it will not only open the court for him but for Jalen and KPJ too. I would offer #20 and Sengun for Myles Turner.

PatBev likes this.
  6. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Ridiculous trade and the Rockets won’t even entertain it.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  7. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

How so? I think if you ask any GM who is looking to make the playoffs next yr, which player would they want Sengun or Myles Turner, obviously it would be Turner. He's more seasoned, a better defender, rebounder and he can spread the floor.

8. vince

vince Member

The sting of getting squeezed out of a top 3 pick is slowly dulling. Nevertheless, It was truly excruciating to see the Blazers and Hornets leap over the Rockets, and worst that the Spurs get what appears to be another generational talent, after having Duncan to 2 decades.

But the Rockets have some talented players, and should be able to trade some of the talent value for fit, without repeating the tank fiasco. If they do it right, the Rockets can become relevant once again rather quickly.

High IQ players, with above average shooting prowess, and defense is what is getting it done in the NBA. And that is what the team needs to harness from its core rotation. Sort out through the redundant players and their abilities, and fill out the critical holes on the team.

At this point I am fine if the Rockets trade value for talented players that fit the system. Morey was usually good at getting adequate return for the talent he traded away. Hopefully Stone can continue in that mode, of getting equal talent but at the team need instead of redundancy in talent.

Rashmon likes this.
  9. maj21

maj21 Member

Omg, that’s so crazy!!!

Joe Rocket likes this.
  10. vince

vince Member

Sengun is growing by leaps and bounds. He can quickly be putting up 20 pts, 12 reb, 8 assists per game. He is by no means an all NBA defensive player, but he has the benefit of being a high basketball IQ player; which he can patrol his rotations fairly average to a tad abound average.

He’s an elite talent that is very much trending up, and could potentially end up being the best player on the team. So by no means would I want to depart from the Sengun trajectory; but if the Rockets do trade him away, well they do have all the data and they themselves know what they have in Sengun.

But I am still very positive and looking forward to that young man’s improved play. He’s entering year 3, and the future for him looks very bright.

11. treyk3

treyk3 Member

no this is crazy

or the dozens of times he mentions hitler.

shameful .

AroundTheWorld and Verbal Christ like this.
  12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think the Rockets take Amen, and I don't think Sengun's time with the team will be long.

maj21 likes this.
  13. maj21

maj21 Member

Agreed! Sengun will get dealt, we’ll draft someone over Amen or trade the pick

14. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

The Sengun fans need to lighten up.

Your sensitivity and reaction to apparent slights only makes things worse.

15. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

LOL

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He is right, Sengun needs to expand his game out of the paint, and Amen needs to learn to shoot.

What is wrong with saying the truth?

DD

17. Reeko

Reeko Member

Idk who this Bradeaux person is, but he is speaking facts

Amen and Sengun on the court together gonna have the paint more congested than rush hour on 59

18. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

It is the one thing about Sengun in particular. When he gets the ball at the 3 point line you can see the entire opposing team leave him open: "He ain't gonna shoot it." And most of the time, he doesn't. He can hit that shot, and improve going forward. I don't know if it's his own mental block or if the faithless former coaching staff didn't encourage him (God knows Silas loved his sons KPJ and Green [think, "Thor"] better than the son Sengun [Loki] forced on him by the adoption agency).

19. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

Ironically, I think Sengun is most likely to play a role if we DON'T end up drafting Amen.

20. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

This has always been one of the big issues the Sengun archetype, and its problematic.

If you aren't going to trade him, he will have to be a bench guy.