1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

#4 Pick Trade Packages

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Landry's Tooth, May 16, 2023.

1. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Tilman rebuild a failure? Is that why Udoka chose us over EVERY team in the nba?

htownrox1, Y2JT and Landry's Tooth like this.
  2. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

lol who ****ing cares this team is a dumpster fire

3. Landry's Tooth

What were his assists and offensive rebounds?

It's hard to score more than 14 on the 4th most attempts on the team.

Messiah fans love true shooting%.

Jalen was .538 taking the most shots. Sengun was .599, 2nd in the rotation to Martin who just dunks a lot.

Maybe give the more efficient player more shots and the less efficient player fewer shots.

Sengun had more than 3 times the dws of Jalen and had a positive defensive box plus minus to Jalen's negative (worst on team after Hudgins who barely played).

Not trying to crap on Green, but Sengun is the much better player right now on both ends.

BamBam likes this.
  4. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

agreed. but stone chose this path. he traded harden for picks, not players. if they wanted to remain a play in team they could've.

not only did they choose picks in return for harden, they drafted with all of them so far, traded vets for more picks and drafted those. they could've traded some along the way for immediate help if they wanted to, but chose this road again and again. I don't think they'd drastically change course now.

I do think its time to start consolidating some picks/players, but I wouldn't put jalen, jabari, or #4 on the table. being able to draft them was the whole plan.

that being said if people want a more win-now player on the roster, why not put a package together of KPJ, sengun, KJ, clippers pick, and 4 nets picks. 3 young starters and 5 picks is ballpark what stars have been traded for recently.

5. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

The whole world cared. Udoka was the highest sought out coach and he instantly picked the dumpster fire team. Odd??

htownrox1, 34to11, Y2JT and 1 other person like this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Not entirely what I said.

It is not a total failure because he had lucked into at least the 2nd pick and a 3rd pick. I do not agree with the picks but that is another story.

Udoka needed a redemption story fast and he chose Houston because the Houston media landscape is very loose and the Houston organization does not care that much about sexual encounters.

7. Landry's Tooth

People crapped on him for taking Oladipo. I remember pretty distinctly...

The idea was Wall/Oladipo backcourt to remain competitive. When it was clear it wouldn't work they adjusted to the tank.

I think they made the right decisions with the info they had at the time.

Y2JT, Corrosion and BamBam like this.
  8. Landry's Tooth

Or he knew they had the resources to bring in players he actually wanted.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Well, he wanted Wemby or Scoot at least.

That is why he let himself talk into sitting there at the lottery.

I would not have done it as a coach who just got signed a month ago and who could not tell if the Rockets tenure is going to be a good one.

10. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Lucked into the 2nd & 3rd pick? Lol. He rebuilt the team in 3yrs and made us a desirable option for highly sought out coaches. Rebuilding is NOT easy. We have a solid young core and 60 million in cap space. Tilman and Stone have done a fantastic job

Um, he could've had a redemption story ANYWHERE. Also sexual encounters happen in every workplace. Nothing criminal, who tf cares

Y2JT and Corrosion like this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Have you lived under the rock, just stop replying breh......the NBA has fired tons of coaches.

Coaching is a short lived job other than Pop, Kerr and Spoelstra.

If you really think he has done a fantastic job then do not reply to me, that is not what I think.

I am not a koolaid drinker.

12. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

I think so too. and since they went down this road I don't see them giving up on it just yet. its not easy for an organization to tank. I'm sure it hurts ticket sales and takings. the damage to the organizations reputation will take time to undue. but they did it in order to win lottery picks. they won 3 in 3 years. I would assume they intend on developing those players. that was their plan.

aside from jalen, jabari, and #4... I would be ok with trading anyone else or any other picks. and I would be surprised if jalen, jabari, or #4 are traded because this was stone's plan all along.

now its time to start winning since we don't have our own pick for the next few years. we do need some win now guys. we have enough assets to land a star without adding jalen, jabari or #4 into the deal.

13. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

There is an upper limit to the amount of shots Sengun can take. His scoring efficiency is also inflated by being very limited in his range and only taking shots in the paint. And to get shots in the paint takes a lot of work in terms of fighting for position and executing a offensive set. With Green he can create a shot from anywhere on the court without any set up.

There are only so many 6 ft push shots and baby hooks one can attempt per game

34to11 and cbass like this.
  14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

4 and Green for LaMelo......

DD

BamBam and Ming The King like this.
  15. Alimoe84

Alimoe84 Member

everybody wanna be the Texans now.

Shroopy2 likes this.
  16. Alimoe84

Alimoe84 Member

Everybody wanna be the Texans now.

17. Landry's Tooth

Clearly, was referring more to guys like Grant Williams or Jaylen Brown... possibly Dejounte...

It's like Demeco having Ward on the Texans. If you have some guys who know what he wants the others will figure it out sooner.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Okay, but I do not think he will get every Celtic or Ex Spurs player just because he coached there one year or a couple years.

Other than Jaylen Brown, those names are not clearly No 1 or No 2 options.

IMHO the Rockets would want structure from Ime Udoka, and he can provide at least that, the veterans yes, I can understand if he gets a few and misses out on a few.

19. Bob Barker 007

The difference to me is the Rockets desperately need to get that one piece who makes the team work. The Texans have holes all over the place, and the NFL draft picks they traded for #3 have much more value than what I’d offer for Scoot.

20. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

#4 and Green for Luka