1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

You as a fan are pathetic if you want Harden back

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketchamp, May 14, 2023.

1. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

We will see the real fans after potential harden signing.

Most of the folks btchin about not wanting harden aren't even in the game threads last few seasons watching the garbage plays and sht pg running the dead last offense

#121 DatRocketFan, May 15, 2023
    Last edited: May 15, 2023
    HD729 and clos4life like this.
  2. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

Guys that are free agents like Middleton, Clarkson, Cam Johnson, Josh Hart, FVV would have just as big or a bigger impact on this team and the young guys than Harden and have more upside left in their careers. Harden realistically has 1 - 2 productive years left.

Our biggest struggle last year was our amount of guys that wanted to iso instead of running an offense. If this is something we want to change and break moving into the next several years, why bring in a player whose game in completely dependent on this? Especially when his ceiling is MAYBE a play in game next year?

peleincubus and Mathloom like this.
  3. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

You’re never going to get a reasonable response, for guys like the OP or Lurch. They are just emotional internet warriors. People that insult other posters because they disagree with their opinion are mental midgets. That being said, I want Harden back on a relatively short contract 2-3 years at 30-35m. If that is not attainable, I do think there are a couple of possible alternatives via trade that will help without breaking the bank. Conley, Caruso, Reeves although not a pure PG, Rubio etc. Harden at a reasonable contract is the best choice, but there are other alternatives for the veteran leadership that we need.

4. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Who cares if Harden will be a "true leader" on the team or not? You seem to have forgotten that we signed a very coveted coach to bring leadership. I want Harden there to setup easy shots for our guys and show Green and Sengun how to playmake better.

If you want to call it quitting sure. I personally don't consider asking out when your FO pairs you up with Cousins, Wall, and Wood as quitting personally since EVERY superstar would have asked out at that point. Also, did you really bring up Kyrie? That guy is a total cancer and has negatively influenced every team he has been on as the lead star. The Sixers bit is even funnier considering Harden was the only reason that series could ever be considered competitive. The Sixers were held under 90 for 3 games, including both 6 and 7. That is not a Harden issue, that is an everyone issue.

I get that people feel strongly about Harden and have a hard on for hating on him, but at least try to be honest and objective about things.

HD729 likes this.
  5. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

Please share anywhere that I insulted anyone.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

And like I said before why would any of those choices who are clearly not as good btw want to come to houston with literally 0 ties

the biggest struggle is there’s literally no one who can run a offense. You’re questioning one of the top playmaking pg’s in the league about this. Just strange

7. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Hard disagree. Adding players like them would guarantee us the treadmill of mediocrity until / unless Green or Sengun can take that next step towards superstardom OR if we get Wemby somehow.

Lurch likes this.
  8. bmelo

bmelo Member

he just wants the retirement home

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  9. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

Agree to disagree. I just don't understand the Harden love.

10. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Top 3 playmaker in the league currently and someone who can still dice up great defensive teams for 30+ on occasion. If Green or Sengun can learn to see the court and flow of offense like Harden, I would be ecstatic. Same if we get Scoot or Amen. If we do somehow get Wemby, do you still remember how he unlocked Capela and helped Embiid have an MVP level season? Nothing hard to understand here.

HD729 likes this.
  11. dmoneybangbang

Literally doing nothing is a smarter move than giving Harden a max.

I’ll consider it for less than a max but even then…. I just don’t see how he fits.

Lurch likes this.
  12. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

For the vet minimum, assuming he and KPJ were both on the roster, whom would you rather play?

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You'd play both, they'd be by far the best 2 guards and best 2 shooters on the roster.

How is this even a question?

14. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

The problem is there's a word for what you're describing here even if he's elite at it: role-player.

He doesn't need to be the leader. He doesn't get to the line as much or play defense in the regular season. If he disappears it's ok. If he can't be a main guy in the playoffs it's ok.

That's an amazing but $43m role player guaranteed from ages 34-38.

Everyone dreams about a discount, but if you're going to allow yourself to dream then just dream with a better, younger player.

Lurch likes this.
  15. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Alright, I will play this game. Name me a single role player that did what he did last season. I will be waiting.

I for one never dreamed about getting a discount from Harden. Despite how the Celtics series went, there will be teams offering Harden the max as he is a top 3 playmaker in the league.

16. edwardc

edwardc Member

Question do you not think that Udoka would get harden on the right path like he did with Tatum and Brown made both of them more accountable. Just question.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No chance, Harden wouldn't put up with a hardass coach. When he's on a team, he runs the entire franchise.

He'd run Udoka off.

18. clos4life

clos4life Member

If wanting Harden back to get to the playoffs is pathetic so be it. Most of ya'll whiners were not watching the garbage on court product the last 3 years.

HD729 and DatRocketFan like this.
  19. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

Ok

20. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

BS. He is the best PG in the league. He leads the league in assists, he ramped back his scoring to be a facilitator with his last 2 teams.

HD729 and jbond77 like this.