1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans Offseason

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Jan 8, 2023.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Bringing back Clowney would be a major step towards making the run defense more respectable.

2. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

3. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Anyone know what’s going on with Leonard Floyd and Myles Jack?

4. SinceEverSince

Texans have to have a top 10 secondary now. If we even have average run defense, we can seriously contend in this shitty division.

5. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

To me it's a slam Dunk. He wanted a short term deal, that's kind of our thing right now. Run defense was our biggest weakness and he is one of the best in the league at stopping the run

UTSA2step, vince and Rudyc281 like this.
  6. conquistador#11

Who is he? New Punter?

UTSA2step, vince, zeeshan2 and 3 others like this.
  7. Buck Turgidson

..and how many Masons? Free Masons?

raining threes likes this.
  8. Buck Turgidson

He's a punter aight

9. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Small b**** session.

I am watching the Colts Draft Series. It is truly fantastic. Really good for a fan base that has been going through some rough patches since Luck's departure.

The Texans organization is underperforming in regards to the marketing/fan department.

After all the crap the org has put the fans through.......

The least they could do in this turn around is give the fans more insight on their players, executives, coaches personalities.

Would love to see Nick and Demeco discussing Stroud. Would love to see Demeco fawning over Will Anderson....

I just think they are missing an opportunity to connect with the fan base in what is a pretty clear franchise revamp.

10. CVcrew

CVcrew Contributing Member

I’m more of a show me. I’m pretty stoked, first time in years I can remember being excited about this team’s season. I honestly wasn’t much of a Deshaun fan. I wanted to be, just felt skeptical. This feels different. Culture, team, talent it all feels like an upgrade. Demeco wasn’t my first choice nor was Stroud but I’m all in.

11. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

I know culture fit is taboo after O'brien/Easterby fiasco, but does Clowney really fit the swarm mentality Demeco is trying to instill?

raining threes and cmoak1982 like this.
  12. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I don’t think so.
    Clowney is a talented guy but lacks the fire to be great

raining threes and HillBoy like this.
  13. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

What? You mean you haven't noticed the ongoing Cal and Hanna "Everything Is Awesome!" PR tour?

raining threes likes this.
  14. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I don't disagree. What I'm curious about is, can the coaching staff do anything to help with this?

To me, it would be an interesting challenge for our staff, that would let us know how good they actually are.

Might be too much too soon though.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Clowney is known for his chase down tackling and stellar run defense. I don't see why he'd be a bad fit in a swarming system, that would just be other defenders catching up to him.

16. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

LOL. No. You don't give your competition insight into what you are doing. Giving the bare minimum is all that is required for "insider" information. You have the owners, coach, and GM do typical PR. Tell the fans that the new players are excited to be here and are ready to work hard to build a winner.

17. conquistador#11

Clowney was like the Arian Fosters of DEs. He was misunderstood. He caused disruption all across the line. He didn't get the sacks but stacked the qb hits. All pro and highly praised by the best coach of the 2000s.
    Who can forget when he went missing during training camp 2016 or when he got bit by Jungleboiswag's dog? Or his "I'm a lover not a fighter." presser.
    Clowney is exactly what we need. He doesn't have to strive for greatness just dew what he dew when he's comfortable, chaos. 19 QB hits in 14 games just a year and half ago. Demeco and Houston can provide him comfort.

18. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Isn't his work ethic sus? Is that what you want when your trying to change our loosing culture? Especially around the young guys?

raining threes and cmoak1982 like this.
  19. Buck Turgidson

Set edge, crash middle, chase backside I'd think would fit in almost any defense.

I don't really know though.

whag00 likes this.
  20. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

That's the beauty of the 1 year deal. He is not.coming in as a top 4 pick that we have keep and build around. At this late in the offseason, it's also not like we are signing him in place of someone else (i.e Yuli vs abreau) if he works then awesome l, if he doesn't then he sits for the year