1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bill Simmons: Jaylen Brown wants to be traded to Houston?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Apr 13, 2023.

1. Trackwell

Trackwell Member

I grantee they pay him!

clos4life likes this.
  2. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

You never know what someone is truly capable of until they've either been put in that role, or struggled in a lesser role. Steve Nash made the all star team twice in his twenties, he won two MVP awards and made six all star appearances in his thirties. Jimmy Butler only made the second round twice in his twenties, he's been to the finals and is about to make his third ECF appearance if they beat the Knicks. Nash and Butler were great in the Robin role, but were clearly held back because they are dominant in the Batman role.

Brown has never had his own team. The Celtics went straight to Tatum after Kyrie left. Frankly, while there is a talent difference Tatum and Brown it is not huge. It feels like a Lebron/Wade in Miami gap rather than Jokic/Murray gap, for instance. I don't think he's a superstar, but how are we supposed to know for sure? Being a great Robin does not mean you can only be a Robin.

3. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

Brown is still young and he cannot expand his talent being #2. It was just like Harden in OKC, a General Manager needs to see the insight of Brown’s talent

raining threes likes this.
  4. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

Brown is still young and he cannot expand his talent being #2. It was just like Harden in OKC, a General Manager needs to see the insight of Brown’s talent

BallSoHarden and Rockethard like this.
  5. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

Celtics cannot get out of the 2nd round with this coach and talent. If you sign both players with Super Max contracts they will not be able to make their team better next year.

6. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

You can forget about Brown coming to Houston.

He's probably their best player.

Tatum has been ass.

If they trade Brown their team will go downhill really fast.

7. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

As soon as you talk about a guy....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Good **** JT, send them philly bishes home.

8. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I can’t understand anyone who doesn’t see Tatum as the best player in Boston, but hopefully this thread will die because Brown ain’t turning down the super max. Die thread, die!

Ancient Moabite likes this.
  9. i3artow i3aller

10. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

For all intensive purposes Boston should run it back. But I don’t know if they will.

raining threes likes this.
  11. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

12. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

**** Bill Simmons

13. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

The gap between Lebron and Wade during that stage of his career is bigger than the gap between Jokic and Murray. Also Brown has the usage rate and time of possession of a number one option. The Celtics are a "my turn, your turn team". Basically a much more experienced better defensive version of KPJ and Green even in play style.

Brown isn't suited to being a number one option because he has arguably worse offensive court awareness than current Green and horrible tunnel vision even worse than the current version of Green who just finished his sophomore season.

14. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Does anyone have a link to the emergency pod.

I need a pick me up.

saleem likes this.
  15. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

16. Tuckmose

Tuckmose Member

Jalen Brown this series made James Harden's worst series look respectable.

No.