1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Insiders from other forums.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by larsv8, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What?

2. Nook

Nook Member

The Rockets are not trying to move Green, Jabari or Sengun. The only scenario would be for a superstar or possibly for a top 2 player in this draft - and that isn't likely either.

Anyone expecting Green, Sengun or Jabari to be traded, is likely going to be let down.

The Rockets are active in the trade market, but it involves other players on the roster and future draft picks.

If anything, the Rockets will be adding another player in that 19-22 year old range to the guys on the roster.

3. Trackwell

Trackwell Member

i make this move

4. Nook

Nook Member

Offensively he has been a big disappointment. Defensively he has been better than advertised.

Most likely he will never be the 20 point a game combo guard that many projected him to be - he just isn't comfortable enough offensively in the NBA.

However, he can likely improve as a shooter and become an elite and rugged defender that can hit open shots and run an offense.

He reminds me some of Chauncey Billups - but that is a best outcome and not likely.

Mathloom and fchowd0311 like this.
  5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Agree. There always is that unpredictable wild card like if Luka or Embid wants out. That's when you try to send trade packages to those teams and for those players those packages are unfortunately going to have to include a combination of more than one player between Green, Sengun and Jabari along with picks.

luckyman76, Rockets FTW and Nook like this.
  6. xaos

xaos Member

I remember this last time and dude just Google a bunch of rumors and combines then all hoping they stick

7. Nook

Nook Member

On paper it is a solid comparison.

Suggs is a better defender than Mudiay ever was.

Suggs also improved a lot from year one to year two - and was especially good at home.

It comes down to scouting and how good you think he is defensively, and how much upside there is left.

I personally like him - but I can understand why someone would not.

8. Nook

Nook Member

The noise about Green getting moved is getting old. I asked about it and was told it was not something the Rockets were interested in doing unless a superstar is coming back - it is a non story at this point.

9. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Are the Rockets interested in moving any of Sengun, Bari and Green? If they are really targeting someone of Jaylen Brown's caliber, I would imagine one of the 3 have to be given up or even 2

10. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

The random all caps is funny no?

Plowman likes this.
  11. Trackwell

Trackwell Member

i make this move

I will be pissed if we trade Jalen or Jabari or Tari...those are the three...

12. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Lopez would be a great signing even up to $20m/season which I'm sure someone will offer him. I hope we outbid the market for him while limiting the number of guaranteed years to 2. That would be a major addition for us and we could then just have Sengun/Jabari/Garuba learn and form the rest of the rotation with him. Can't imagine a better mentor for our guys who all have potential.

If the Bucks implode I hope we go all in on Jrue. He needs to be on a team where he's required to shoot a lot less but otherwise he would be an amazing starting PG for us. He said he's thinking about retiring after this contract (2 years remaining) which is perfect timing for us but very weird of him to announce. It's almost as though he wants to smash his own trade value (could have said nothing). Won't cost full price to get a limited number of years from Jrue. He would be a much better option than both Harden and CP3 as far as health, two-way well-rounded performance and championship experience.

We should be looking very closely at well-priced players on the Bucks, Raptors and Warriors. These players have championship experience and can bring us so much intangible value if their contracts are reasonable. Guys like Siakam, FVV, Holiday, Middleton, Lopez, Draymond, Klay - if they can be acquired on contracts that are well priced or shorter than 3 years we should do it. I know they all have their typical second or third-fiddle flaws, but that experience will help the kids grow up faster. You just have to stop looking at those guys as if they have to be perfect.

In Sengun and Green we have 1A type scorers and I don't think we should be adding players who are desperate for usage and shots unless there's a prime franchise player available (only one I've heard is Jaylen Brown). We should be surrounding them with elite role players (1B types who play defense) and then IF they don't step up, you trade Green/Sengun for better 1A's using our picks/assets.

Nook and yixiixiy like this.
  13. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

No Draymond. Disgusting.

Believe It! and Dobbizzle like this.
  14. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I hear Rubio is available :cool:

Mathloom and Rudyc281 like this.
  15. i3artow i3aller

Oh no, poor Roosh will be upset. That man loves his Warriors.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#395 i3artow i3aller, May 9, 2023
    Last edited: May 9, 2023
  16. Plowman

Supporting Member

Yeah, I know. :D Just reiterating one of my mantras...loudly. : )

peleincubus likes this.
  17. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Brandon Ingram was traded in year 3

Did anybody say oh no the lakers shouldn’t give up on him or trade him yet??

18. Dredd

Dredd Member

Fake Insider.

19. Plowman

Supporting Member

I was really high on BI when NO stole him.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  20. Plowman

Supporting Member