1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Time to hold KPJ to account!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Francis3422, May 3, 2023.

1. PatBev

PatBev Member

I really do like Jalen and pick on him a little because it it’s fun with all the KPJ hate but I really do agree with you

I think KPJ will become Udoka’s boy this year. He even got big Tilly throwing shout outs. KPJ seems like a company man

2. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

@J.R.

can you do Bobby next?

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He wishes.

4. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

that guy does himself so much already tho

5. Nook

Nook Member

LOL Sam Vecenie on his draft podcast flat out says if he ran the Rockets, KPJ would flat out not be back next year… it was funny, he said it with a hesitation like he was thinking it but didn’t realize he said it and then repeated it.

KPJ has to be the most disliked player around the league, everyone but the water boy has shared their dislike for his game.

I hope for him, he gets his larger option year picked up and saves his money. Considering where he was a few years ago, he is doing well and keeps fighting.

I have to admit though, if the Rockets don’t get Wemby in the draft, I hope they get Scoot Henderson and move KPJ to the Mavs or Wizards.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Honestly that's the sort of comment that destroys any credibility a person might have. Advocating for the Rockets to just dump at all costs by far the best guard on their roster who just turned 23 is just clownish.

I think that's really my problem with the KPJ hate, it's all so unintelligent and emotional.

It comes off as "He was mean to me personally and I hold a grudge" since there's no basketball reason for such stupid statements.

Verbal Christ likes this.
  7. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

Green @ 20 going to Coachella and Paris.

Porter @ 20 flipping cars high with weed and a gun, going to jail.

Mamba what?

HardenReturns and AroundTheWorld like this.
  8. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

Ime: Pass me the soup.

anthony59237 likes this.
  9. Ancient Moabite

You must be that loyal and noble water boy

Nobody should lose credibility over their personal opinion, opinions are like buttholes and everybody and their mama has one

Just like a player can't suck for 3 years(using you blueprint) and then magically be propped up as being the best of anything after having a good 40 games compared to what they did previous seasons, they are still a work in progress, which hopefully can become the norm(good) for the upcoming yrs ahead of whatever young player that may be

Zen Tabak likes this.
  10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You lose credibility when that opinion is that stupid, that indefensible.

Teams don't get better by ditching their best young players.... even if dumb people on the internet think it's a good idea.

11. HTown5933

HTown5933 Member

Yeah, I loved it when the Rockets picked KPJ up. And when he first came up from the G-League he really showed some promise to me. He displayed some real passing ability initially. His assists decreasing every year isn't surprising because it definitely matches the eye test. He rarely makes the simple pass that sets up an easy shot the way he did when he first joined the team.

It'll be interesting to see if the way he finished the season is more who he is than who he's been in his 3 1/2 seasons in the league and certainly his 2 1/2 seasons with the Rockets.

Rookie (Cleveland) - 53.5 TS%, 44.2% fg's, 33.5% 3pt fg's, 50.6% 2pt fg's
    2nd year (Houston)- 52.8 TS%, 42.5% fg's, 31.1% 3pt fg's, 51.5% 2pt fg's
    3rd year (Houston) - 53.1 TS%, 41.5% fg's, 37.5% 3pt fg's, 45.6% 2pt fg's
    1st 29 Gms 4th yr - 52.3 TS%, 41.5% fg's, 30.9% 3pt fg's, 47.7% 2pt fg's
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1st 116 Gms in Hou- 53.1 TS%, 41.96% fg's, 34.6% 3pt fg's, 47.6% 2 pt fg's
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last 30 Gms 4th yr - 60.8 TS%, 47.0% fg's, 40.9% 3pt fg's, 53.2% 2pt fg's

Funny how the goalposts shift for a couple here when it comes to KPJ lol. Guess we "can hold on to hopes and dreams" he's more the last 30 games instead of his first 116 games with us or 166 games in his career. I'm sure that'll be the case though since he's "obviously been our most consistent good player and vastly superior" than anyone else on the roster. :D

#71 HTown5933, May 4, 2023
    Last edited: May 4, 2023
  12. Ancient Moabite

No you don't

Just like you didn't lose credibility saying Green may be second coming of Brewer and then piling on saying Lou Will(which is upgrade since he won like 6th moy three times or so)

It may be silly, but that is your free will thoughts just like it was for vecenie or whoever that was that said that about your self proclaimed best ''guard''

The Cavs front office must be super dumb because they gave this super talented ''guard'' away for basically what was used to draft KMJ

You seem to be the only Genius walking the face of the earth, which is dumb for me even saying something that silly

13. PatBev

PatBev Member

Porter was like 19 when that happened stop it

14. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

Stop it?

Via TMZ 12/17/2020

"Cleveland Cavs player Kevin Porter Jr. just caught a huge break -- his firearm and weed charges stemming from his November car accident have been dropped, according to his attorney.

As we previously reported, the 20-year-old wrecked his Mercedes around 2 AM outside Cleveland on
    Nov. 15 ... and while his car was left mangled, KPJ was miraculously unharmed."

Spit what you like, but try to get it right.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  15. PatBev

PatBev Member

He’s the felon your nervous to hire but becomes your hardest worker

16. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

lol no

17. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

BUT Green went to Coachella AND he's lazy!!!

:rolleyes:

#77 Believe It!, May 4, 2023
    Last edited: May 4, 2023
  18. Ancient Moabite

Props to KPJ and Artest Meta Peace and all others who learn from their past mistakes and better themselves to become law abiding citizens

DaDakota likes this.
  19. Ancient Moabite

Some people seem to think gyms or workout places only exist in the modern USofA

HTown5933 and Believe It! like this.
  20. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

He's the starting point guard on our team for now. I guess we can discuss Tyty Washington.