1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Best tacos in Houston

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by LosPollosHermanos, Apr 28, 2023.

1. Buck Turgidson

Never went there for anything other than breakfast (which is/was outstanding)...the rest of it's good too?

2. droxford

droxford Member

Yeah - the regular fajita is just delicious. But the spicy fajita is where it's at. Just fantastic. Their sauces are super-hot and, if you can handle the heat, they make the tacos even tastier.

Fideo is great there, too. I've never had breakfast there.

3. no_answer

no_answer Member

Ubiquitin likes this.
  4. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

My favorite taco trucks:
    Taqueria La Rana off Antoine (outstanding mexican burgers too)
    Taqueria Elena off Wayside and 45 (amazing pastor)
    Durango Tacos off Washington in front of club Heart

Gringo restaurant tacos:
    Molinas (shredded chicken hard tacos)
    El Tiempo

Ubiquitin likes this.
  5. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They say no cap and bussin.

Sajan likes this.
  6. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

7. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

These white people places really over charge for their fajitas (some with good reason). A ton of smaller Mexican restaurants give y'all some damn good parilladas at a cheaper price. Nopalitos off I10 (east end) is a good one for example.

Buck Turgidson, Sajan and donkeypunch like this.
  8. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I could eat a horse right now. But, I'm not going to. I already ate two Jimmy John's sandwiches throughout today (one of them was kind of small(er)-ish). But, I'm still hungry! The workouts are making me hungry! I also had a protein shake earlier. Damn.

Now, you got the fajita talk! I usually get my quick fajita fix from Rosa's Cafe. I think their chicken fajita plate is $13.99 and beef fajita plate is $15.99. Of course, the plates come with beans, rice and 3 tortillas.

I may have to go. I'm still hungry!

I'll eat some fruit I guess. :(

#28 Surfguy, May 6, 2023
    Last edited: May 6, 2023
  9. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

I love Tony’s

10. Buck Turgidson

...and Teotihuacan and Spanish Flower, Original Ninfas...If you're going to a ballgame, pregame it right

Ubiquitin likes this.
  11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I live in the Heights and don't eat at ANY of these places for Fajitas (didn't even know there was an Escalante's here). I be driving to Candente.

Had Velvet Taco for the FIRST time on Friday. Man. White people are wildt. "Let's put banana pudding in a tortilla!"

Dona Leti just opened nearby and it's always PACKED. The parking lot is full of chicks with no bras and swoll dudes. GOOD LUCK

Ubiquitin likes this.
  12. MystikArkitect

Tacos Bigotes on 59 and Gessner

Chilosos Tacos near Yale

Laredo Taqueria on Washington

13. Buck Turgidson

You strike me as a Torchy's afficionado.

Ubiquitin likes this.
  14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

You know DAMN well I'm not. Their guacamole queso is the only redeemable item.

Buck Turgidson and Ubiquitin like this.
  15. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I tried yesterday, though based on all the glowing reviews Ive read since, I feel like I should have known about the place before now, but I maybe dont get outside the loop as much as I should.

The quesabirria tacos were nice - cheesy, beefy goodness. The broth could have used a touch more heat, but im not an expert on how it "should" be. But outside of that, my tummy was very happy. Wife got some chicken tinga and almost achieved nuclear supercriticality, so i know they aren' "afraid" to bring the heat.

Would recomend.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  16. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

Why the hate on Torchys

17. Buck Turgidson

There's no taquerias in the Galleria area where you live.

Taco Cabana is way better than Torchy's, btw.

Xerobull likes this.
  18. SuraGotMadHops

We tried this place a few weeks ago and this is an accurate description. Luckily we went before 6 on a Friday and were able to get a table within a few minutes. We went a little blind without knowing too much about the place, we knew the birria was rated well and it was close by so we gave it a shot, and it was good, but the vibe was not what I had anticipated at all. My 11 year old nephew couldn't stop staring at the braless wonders you are describing, as well as the neon "Houston As F***" sign in the dining area.

Their pricing is what I call "pre-inflation," their menu is priced extremely reasonable compared to what I have been seeing lately, and the portions are generous. The michelada I ordered was absolutely enormous. Really it was too big and overflowing, spilling all over the place. I would go again, but probably just with the wifey, but the packed crowds and parking nightmares do not make it easy. Honestly even a to-go order would be difficult to pick up, because there is literally nowhere you can park just to run in.

Ziggy likes this.
  19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

LORO has chill vibes for an 11yr old. Chicken karaage & potatoes are basically top-of-the-line chick tenders and fries.

SuraGotMadHops likes this.
  20. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I moved to HEIGHTS (and there were taruqerias there). Taco C is actually WORSE IMO.