1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[WC First Round] (3)Sacramento vs. (6)Golden State

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Apr 14, 2023.

?

(3)Sacramento Kings vs. (6)Golden State Warriors

Poll closed Apr 17, 2023.
  1. Kings in 4

6.5%
  2. Kings in 5

3.2%
  3. Kings in 6

19.4%
  4. Kings in 7

29.0%
  5. Warriors in 7

9.7%
  6. Warriors in 6

32.3%
  7. Warriors in 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Warriors in 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

A Bron vs Curry matchup would be good tho

2. OremLK

OremLK Member

We already saw that matchup 4 times this decade. It's old hat. I really hope it's some other teams

RocketsDraftTV and ramotadab like this.
  3. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Kings lost the series the moment they didn't step on the Warriors throats when Draymond was out.

I just can't get over how bad their help defense is when they double Curry off the pnr. It is constantly abused time and time and time again.

I can't recall a defensive scheme which is so badly utilised, yet gone to so often.

It seems they score every single time Curry is able to slip the pass to the roller in the paint.

ramotadab, mtbrays and Sanctity like this.
  4. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

'same shiiiit, different toilet.'
    -momster

no doubt, Kings' confidence had long been destroyed in the 3rd quarter of last game...it wasn't destroyed by GSW, it's destroyed by refs' TIMELY whistles or those marvelous non-calls smh...why couldn't this league just thrown away the tedious screenplay?

Rinaldi and BamBam like this.
  5. br0ken_shad0w

br0ken_shad0w Member

Like the Webber/Adelman Kings of old, history repeats itself.

Barf, I hope the Suns/Nuggets destroy either of them.

ramotadab and Easy like this.
  6. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

God, I can't believe I stayed up last night to watch that trash. Yelp, series is over - just have to hope that the Grizzlies come back to beat the Lakers which I think they can. I do NOT want to watch Lakers and Warriors - I would rather go down a slide of razor blades and into a pool of rubbing alcohol before I watch that drivel.

7. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

If you saw that tony brothers was the ref and still stayed up to watch, that’s on you. There was no scenario where the kings were winning yesterday

8. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Yep then of course KD has to play his old team in the WCF. Celtics Warriors rematch still intact

ramotadab and RocketsDraftTV like this.
  9. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

As much as I hate the Warriors and what they and the league did to us during the Harden years, I’m just enjoying watching their amazing system they have that only works with the core of Curry/Klay/Green.

Can’t believe how well the trio of Curry/Green/Klay are STILL doing. They have been in the league for 10+ years now and they have a shot of winning 5 rings in the past 10 years this year which is crazy.

I’m just going to cherish this as much as possible. We will never have a trio like this ever again, especially with shooters like Klay and Curry.

Great players come and go, but I don’t think we’ll ever see a shooter like Klay and Curry ever again.

And the crazy thing is, after Klay’s injuries, I didn’t think he’d come back to the NBA or be anywhere as close to where he is now. Yes he’s not 100% and not as mobile as before his Achilles and stuff, but crazy how he’s still able to do what he can effectively.

We all know this league is run by the refs and what story the NBA wants to write, so whatever happens, happens. But just gotta enjoy this system and the splash bros until their time is done.

#549 Mr. Dominant, Apr 27, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2023
    ramotadab, YaoMac09 and daywalker02 like this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Curry has had only one season shooting below 40% from 3 and was about 39.2%.

ramotadab likes this.
  11. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Heard a fact regarding NBA trios on some podcast this week that was kinda crazy to think about.

Curry/Klay/Draymond now have 97 playoff wins as a trio.

But it would still take them another two full title runs to overtake Duncan/Parker/Ginobili with 126.

12. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

[​IMG]

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  13. invocux

invocux Member

They didn't call the 3rd foul on Green and that steal..that was as clean as it gets **** this team man.

14. i3artow i3aller

Fox t’d up for half the effort Draymond puts into screaming at the refs :rolleyes:

15. invocux

invocux Member

Bruh..How did you miss that elbow?

16. TimDuncanDonaut

He'll feel that in the morning.

[​IMG]

roslolian and i3artow i3aller like this.
  17. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Haha, Kevon Looney with the elbow to fracture the face of Sabonis just like he broke Fox's hand.

It would be crazy if Wiggins or someone grabbed Ja Morant's kneecap, or if Harden got his eye gouged out while attempting a shot on a no call by Draymond and then had to play a whole game with a bloody Walking Dead zombie eye and scored 30 points with one eye and a staging a huge comeback while choking like a choker

B-Bob, roslolian and OmegaSupreme like this.
  18. i3artow i3aller

[​IMG]

19. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

Keegan Murray is so fundamentally sound that it's ridiculous. The Not-So-Big Fundamental. Any holes in his game?

20. TimDuncanDonaut

GSW dance mom sighting

[​IMG]