1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: Harden Return?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Htown Legend, Dec 25, 2022.

1. CantStopJG24

CantStopJG24 Member

someone close in age to our core that sees the potential. cam johnson is one. he can grow with the team and maybe be in a system that's more conducive to his development. harden is done developing, he hasn't won anything. he left the rockets to win and every article about his potential return mentions lifestyle and the city. not to mention at this stage of their careers, cam johnson is better.

2. ExTexanNowEastCoast

That is because teams are clogging the paint to double Embid. All of their guards are having this issue. The Sixers are going to have to speed up the pace in transition to get easy twos.

3. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Harden has not looked great since All Star break.hes been quite injury prone in the past 3 years, and his play really falls off when he does get injured.

Right now Harden is a bit of a liability in terms of scoring. He is no longer capable of generating points off dribbles and foul, he's simply too slow and unathletic. When his 3's are falling, it makes up for it, but when they don't he literally cannot score which is a major problem. Even 100 year old Chris Paul looks bouncier today than Harden.

I don't think 76ers will extend him for what he wants. I don't mind him on the Rockets because we will have our young guys taking most shots, Harden can just play passively and play floor general.

Losmi_34 and OremLK like this.
  4. OremLK

OremLK Member

It's all about the numbers. If you are paying him a four-year max deal I agree that's a bad contract that we probably end up regretting. If you're paying him the max for 3 years, that's reasonable. Maybe if it's some kind of weird frontloaded four year deal?

But I also don't want him if we draft a point guard top 5. In that case our cap money is best spent elsewhere because Harden will just stand in the way of that kid's development.

apollo33 likes this.
  5. Losmi_34

Losmi_34 Member

If We get Wemby, James comes for sure. If We get Scoot, there's no sense to bring him back.

6. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Harden can't swallow that Maxey will get the max contract. Up to his usual tantrums causing ruckus

Rudyc281 likes this.
  7. Reeko

Reeko Member

Cam Johnson is 27 years old…there’s not all this untapped potential just waiting to burst out

Cam Johnson is absolutely not a better player than James Harden

Y2JT, ElPigto, topfive and 2 others like this.
  8. Reeko

Reeko Member

Harden has missed a bunch of layups in transition as well…he hasn’t been finishing well in the paint these 1st 2 games with or without Embiid on the court

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

if harden apparently hasn't won anything, what in the world has cam johnson "the better player" possibly have won?

Here's a hint, his nba resume is completely blank

ElPigto likes this.
  10. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

It's honestly such a garbage attitude if while being up 2-0 in the first round Harden is approving his PR team to release statements that he'd be interested in joining the Rockets.

@Nook by any chance do you know if this is an actual desire by Harden being expressed while his team is peaking and every chance of winning a title?

So weird.

rocket43 and Rudyc281 like this.
  11. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Harden was a big part of the Sixers’ record during the regular season but proving once again that his body and style of play can’t hold up into the playoffs.

If the Rockets want to sign him that’s fine but you don’t sign Harden to win titles that’s for sure. You sign him as regular season support to get the record you need to have good seeding. Other star players are needed for any type of playoff success.

Harden just is who he is. Still one of the greatest Rockets of all time but will likely retire with an asterisk by his name for pooping his pants in the playoffs every year. Getting a title this year on the back of Embiid couldn’t be more critical for his legacy.

But he’s still a plus and Morey did the Rockets and Sixers a solid by making the trades for him both times. Either way he’ll have his number retired at the TC. If if comes back that’ll be great honestly but expectations need to be set with what we are buying and how the burden lies on Jalen, Jabari, etc to become stars still.

12. lionaire

lionaire Member

If he was down 0-2 I would understand this leak but it’s not reasonable being on the other end. Woj is a dirty dog for stirring the pot.

13. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

I doubt this was released by his PR, they are repeating what they said earlier in the year, massive changes for sixers and probably the clippers if early exits occur

14. razorback88s

razorback88s Member

Edit: I think Harden is subtly indicating his preference to return to the Rockets at key junctures during the season; before the trade deadline and when finding a new coach. His messages are often passive-aggressive, and it's likely he's attempting to exert pressure on the Rockets to hire a coach he approves of.

#1274 razorback88s, Apr 20, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2023
    Y2JT, joshuaao and Richie_Rich like this.
  15. Nook

Nook Member

I haven’t heard very much about this. I have gotten some push back when saying I am doubtful.

My educated guess is that Harden wants the full max from the Sixers and they haven’t agreed to give it to him, and they don’t think he will go anywhere - so Harden’s people have leaked that Harden wants to go to Houston.

I could be completely wrong, and I wouldn’t be shocked if he does and will consider Houston - but he has a pretty good thing in Philadelphia.

16. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

4 years at 10 per season
    and ship out kpj

17. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Harden is fat and shooting poorly in the playoffs.

I am not opposed to signing him, but am concerned

18. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I would still take James back.

Harden might as well leave Philly...they aren't going to win anything anyways.

19. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I missed Harden Flagrant 2 foul, what'd he do?

20. Mattician

Mattician Member

Ejected for that?

xtruroyaltyx likes this.