1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tillman Fertitta - Laughingstock of NBA Ownership!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Imanimal, Nov 15, 2021.

1. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

This is true but if Tilman is running the rebuild I don't think it'll end well even after 5 years. Frankly, I'm surprised he let this rebuild happen in the first place. Pretty sure he'll find a way to screw it up down the line.

saleem and amaru like this.
  2. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

I am not a tankathon fan. Life’s too short to suck this bad on a consistent basis. Last year was fun because we were done because of injuries and needed to get a top 4 pick or lose the lottery opportunity. This year is just annoying and we’re not even competitive or playing the right way. Correct me if i’m wrong but I believe we’re on a pace to break the record for most turnovers and losses in a single season in NBA history. Anyone who is enjoying this needs psychological help if they are a real Rockets fan.

3. amaru

amaru Member

Exactly. People here are being delusional. Harden, on 1 leg, is significantly better than any player in this roster.

4. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Oh I agree, I mean I thought we could be MUCH better (though I was factoring in John Wall). But to all the many many members over the off season who suggested we shouldn’t even try to win this year OR next year, I see a lot of them here complaining about how bad we are…this is what y’all wanted!

5. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

That's a really high bar you set there.

Pbev99 and Reeko like this.
  6. Reeko

Reeko Member

for all we know, Tilman’s article is coming soon…I certainly wouldn’t be surprised

Der Rabbi, Jontro and hakeem94 like this.
  7. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

I stated awhile back that this team was going to be bad and that we as Rocket fans would just have to deal with it. However, I did expect the team to be playing harder than what I have been seeing and hearing. Losing is bad but what kills my spirit is to see a team lose and not even care that they are losing. Well I take that back, I know Eric Gordon cares but I wonder if anyone other than him does.

The post that JR had where he shared the rant that Vernon did was pretty much spot on. I used to always peak at ESPN on my phone or computer when the Rockets were playing to see how they are doing. I am now at a point where I will just forget doing that. It's too much to stomach.

TimDuncanDonaut and hakeem94 like this.
  8. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

If you all are thinking all this tanking is great because we are on a 5 year plan...

....well it isn't.

Tilman does not have the patience for a 5 year plan lulz

He will keep blowing it up every year or two.

He gets an itch.

He wants instant gratification.

So he acts like a b****.

Which only results in further damnation.

Jontro likes this.
  9. Jontro

Jontro Member

breh... @Cutty312 who is still in high school can run the team better than tillmen. all you gotta do is not interfere and let mauri do work.

10. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Wait - I thought clutchfans said he was broke

[​IMG]

BelgianRocketsFan likes this.
  11. Der Rabbi

Der Rabbi Member

Hopefully it’s a 4-5 year rebuild. Minn and Sac are in year 20 of their rebuilds.

Even more laughable is people thinking Wall would help. So the team goes 13-69 instead of 9-73 on the season. Whoop de damn doo.

#71 Der Rabbi, Nov 17, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2021
  12. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Tilman is awesome.

Awesome at buying something great and turning it into something disgusting.

Change my mind.

HP3, daywalker02 and AroundTheWorld like this.
  13. YOLO

YOLO Member

Oh look, ever since Fertitta became owner.
    [​IMG]

napalm06 and clos4life like this.
  14. clos4life

clos4life Member

Fertits better be praying not only for Victor, but also to become like Crane.

Pbev99 likes this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Good, Sactown just left those 20 years behind.

16. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

coincides with the Rockets having the best team in the league and a tank job that is slowly ending. where will this be in 2-3 years? trending up at the moment. this is the first tank job by Tillman and so far it is barely passing but the potential is there for a bright future still

17. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

The product is BULLSHIT because Morey, D'Antoni and Harden turned the Rockets into an expansion team when they bailed out on the mess they'd created here. Then, the Rox began to rebuild by bringing in a bunch of super young players with little to no college basketball experience forcing them to learn how to play at the pro level on the fly against mature, experienced competition. That's a clear-cut recipe for losing lots and lots of games which, judging by the results of the past three years, has worked out just fine. The reality of the situation is thus: There is no quick fix head coach or star player who can snap their fingers and instantly wipe away all the mistakes of the past. It may well take another 2-5 years before this team can be considered a playoff contender. Look at all the other teams that have been trying for years to break through that playoff wall. The Rockets are no different than them and, at this time, there is no reason to expect their fate to be any different.

DaDakota, R=$ and jelanit like this.
  18. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

False

YOLO likes this.
  19. Pbev99

Pbev99 Member

Harden is responsible for the Westbrook/Chris Paul trade. But Tillman is responsible for dismantling the team with the best record in the league to get under the luxury tax. This was the main reason Morey bailed and then Harden after him. Tillman has been a cheap owner who puts not paying any luxury tax above winning.

Der Rabbi and pugsly8422 like this.
  20. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What a nightmare Tillman has been. I feel sorry for any of the younger fans that this has been their experience of the Houston Rockets.