1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Caitlin Clark

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Pringles09, Mar 31, 2023.

1. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

She's a beast with star power for those that wouldn't typically watch.

But men vs women, just watch the co-ed track events at the Olympics. Much like a man racing certain animal species, it can be done at times, but the biological advantage, especially at a pro level is hard to overcome. Not ill will, just facts.

But her game film was fun to check out.

roslolian, Zen Tabak and Houstunna like this.
  2. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

3. OremLK

OremLK Member

It's partly biology, but it's also partly the higher quantity of men who get into sports in the first place, i.e. cultural factors. Approximately 3x as many men ever play sports in the first place, so that's 3x the talent pool to pull from. It would take an incredibly, ridiculously gifted woman to get up to the kind of athleticism that you see even in men's college ball, let alone NBA. Then when the talent pool is three times smaller, you're much less likely to ever identify that woman or develop her basketball skills, and the level of competition she's playing against is 3x less skilled than the level of competition men play against (due again to the smaller talent pool), so her skills are not being pushed as much.

Perhaps there could be some future where a few women make it into men's professional leagues, if sports become more popular among women and equal numbers start playing. I don't believe it's utterly impossible for a woman to be an NBA-caliber athlete. It's just exceedingly unlikely, and if she did exist she would be much more dominant against other women than Caitlyn Clark has been so far.

OkayAyeReloaded likes this.
  4. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Women’s basketball is awful on all levels of competition.

Fulgore likes this.
  5. roslolian

roslolian Member

Its impossible for a woman to make it to the NBA cuz the sex difference gonna make it awkward. Imagine if Draymond gives her a hard foul or kicks her in the face thats like battery case waiting to happen.

What if somebody wraps his arms around her to prevent her from getting the ball or falls on top of her during a scramble thats like grounds for sexual assault. If people slam into her they gonna hit her boobies, vag or her butt almost every play or maybe they just avoid all contact cuz they dont wanna get canceled and she has free reign to do what she wants. Either way its not gonna happen.

#25 roslolian, Apr 3, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2023
  6. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Clark was pulling up like Curry in the tourney. It is terrible that the Refs took away her drive and penetrate game because the awful fouls in the championship game. If you watched the South Carolina game, it was a CLINIC on how to dominate a basketball game....men's or women's. Curry/Bird mashup is my comparison. Her vision and the way she passed the ball reminded me of a Bird...no fear. Her pull-up and cross-over reminded me of a Curry. If the NCAA and the WNBA are smart, that will make her the face of women's basketball.

7. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Well she is better than Nix....

Seriously, the only woman basketball player that I have ever seen that would *possibly* have a chance to compete for an NBA spot and even then it would be as a role player would be Griner at her prime.

Ubiquitin likes this.
  8. PhiSlammaJamma

Cooper played a lot like Sam Cassell. I like her chances to compete on a court with men.

9. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

I agree, one thing I found interesting. I had the opportunity growing up and over the years to play pick up games with female players who played at a HS, college and even pro level overseas. One thing they mentioned I found they had in common is they would all play against boys or men's teams to get good.

Kind of like training or sparring with a boxing champ or higher weight class/age bracket, you may get handled most of the time, but when you go back to your class it's much easier to compete.

OremLK likes this.