1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Favorite Hakeem Memories...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JAG, Jul 22, 2001.

1. LA's #1 Rocket Fan

I remember a play, it wasn't anything real fancy but it was clutch. It was back in the either 94 or 95 championship years in the playoffs versus the jazz. I think it was game 5 of round one in 95 or a game 7 of a later playoff game in 94, anyways it was against the jazz in the playoffs. The rockets where down or even really late in the 4th(with less than 2 mins to go) and hakeem was guarded close but takes a turnaround trademark 10-15ft shot in the left of the court and the ball when up high and hit the upper left corner of the glass and banked in. It looked like it was up there forever, I mean my heart stopped for aleast a couple of heartbeats. In my opinion it looked like a very difficult shot to make and I didn't think it was a good idea to even try to take it at that point in the game, but hakeem was just mr. clutch then. It was unbealieveable.

Then there was a regular season game against the clippers and I think it was Ron Harper or Mark Jackson dribbling it at the half court line and hakeem just goes out there and guards him one on one, the clipper guard I guess probably was saying what you big fella think you can guard me, so he does a couple of herky jerky moves to show off and bam hakeem pokes it way runs down to the middle of the right court and picks it up and dribbles it in for an open slam dunk like he was a guard. just awesome.

------------------

[This message has been edited by LA's #1 Rocket Fan (edited July 23, 2001).]

2. Dolfox

Dolfox Member

my dream memory is also not a fancy one. game 6 of the '94 finals when the rockets scratched and clawed their way to a win, not many people remember the last shot of the game was a john starks 3 that was all net, except that hakeem ran out of the post to block it. knocked the wind out of the knicks and that moment i knew we would win our first freakin' championship for this city. still sends shivers up my spine...

------------------

3. Scarface

Scarface Supremely FocASSed
    Supporting Member

I still remember the block on the Xman that block gives me goose bumps everytime I think of it. Also there was a game against the Suns that Dream blocks a fast break dunk by Mark West with less than 3 seconds in the game and preserves our 1 pt. lead for the win(I still don't know how Dream blocked that one, West's hand was almost in the cylinder and Dream had to run the full length of the court to get to West).

My alltime favorite though was the quadruple double. It felt like he had the entire 4th qtr. to get the 10th assist and everyone went ice cold. When he got that last assist my house erupted.

Just for the record Dream blocked KJ from behind twice, and Rod Strictland once.

There are so many damn memories that Dream gave us that I don't think I will ever consider him anything but a Houstonian.

------------------
    "We need to FOCASS".... Akeem Olajuwon