1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Any posters living in Austin, Tx?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by VanityHalfBlack, Mar 15, 2023.

1. VanityHalfBlack

Where the hipsters at? I miss y'all

Uprising and tinman like this.
  2. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I think Deckard is in Bee Cave or Manchaca or something

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  3. VanityHalfBlack

Yalls my people man. Don't want to body shame but you ever met a fat hipster, dey exist?

4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You want somebody to hang out with for sxsw breh?
    @pgabriel

5. ATXNekko

ATXNekko Member

I am currently on the border of Leander and Liberty Hill. Left the Austin City Limits years ago and haven't looked back.

6. VanityHalfBlack

hahaha was just gonna mention this

7. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There are a few of us from what I can tell. Been here over 15 years which is a frightening thing to type.

8. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

28 years and runnin'.

9. jo mama

we dont have hipsters here anymore...everyone went lumbersexual (even @Deckard )

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

10. jo mama

i paid $6 for a taco the other day.

11. VanityHalfBlack

lolol, big pimpin

jo mama likes this.
  12. Jontro

Jontro Member

i think @DaDakota has a video game factory in austin. he'll hook you up.

13. Buck Turgidson

I noticed that OP misspelled "posers", thanks for setting him straight

VanityHalfBlack and jo mama like this.
  14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Deckard and I both live in Circle C in Austin.

Great place to live, smells better than Baytown where I grew up.

DD

updawg, Deckard, IBTL and 1 other person like this.
  15. jo mama

dudes around here like cosplaying as the brawny towel man. even when its 100 degrees out...flannel shirt, skinny jeans, neckbeard, boots and a wool knit cap.

or else theyre cosplaying as extras in urban cowboy. go to white horse or sagebrush and watch all the hipsters/posers/try-hards in their "country" outfits.

#15 jo mama, Mar 16, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2023
  16. Buck Turgidson

If Carhartt doesn't have store somewhere on S.Congress or Lamar, they're idiots.

Don't get me wrong, they make great product. I've had 2 pair of their jeans for about 12 years, used properly at least once a week, worn until they're too dirty then washed, and 1 pair just got its first starter hole in the knee. Best jeans I've ever owned, and of course the traditional tan/brown "barn coats" are basically indestructible (granddad gave me one when I was a teenager, except for a couple of stains it's good as new).

17. VanityHalfBlack

Lol that’s cold bro

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  18. VanityHalfBlack

hahah facts! Hygiene is a plus

19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

We live in Southwest Austin and purchased our house there 28 years ago. When we moved in, we were outside of the City of Austin. There wasn’t any of the light pollution that is so bad today. We could see a host of stars, some of the planets at night, and the sound of cows mooing, coming from the darkness.

I would often take walks after midnight, feeling perfectly safe. It’s in Circle C. Moved there for the schools which were, and still are, highly rated. Ironically, both of our kids went to grade school there, but to magnet middle and high schools that were a long commute from home. The magnet schools, especially LASA, served our children well. They both had over a year of credits before stepping on a college campus. Both graduated years ago and have good careers.

We were once on the edge of town and now most newcomers to Austin would view us as living close in. With the traffic being what it is on Mopac South now, it doesn’t feel like it. I miss the Austin that was. I started coming to Austin and the Hill Country in the 1960’s. Had wonderful adventures and always dreamed of moving here from Houston.

I lived in the Montrose and Midtown for years after growing up in the southeast end of town. Thinking about it, I still retain a vivid memory of seeing Jerry Jeff Walker singing and telling stories while wearing a beret at a coffee house, somewhere on or near Richmond. He was staying upstairs and had just written Mr Bojangles. That was a great part of town in the late ‘60’s and early ‘70’s, at least I thought it was. It was a cheap place to live. So was Austin then.

Yes, like a lot of folks, I dreamed of living in Austin, but didn’t manage it until 1980. I’ll never live in Houston again, but I’ll always be an ardent fan of the Rockets, win or lose. I don’t understand those who talk down the team and say they’ll quit following them. Either you’re a fan or you aren’t. There’s no in between. Criticizing them is fine. I do it all the time when they deserve it. These days they deserve it a lot, but you don’t walk away, not in my opinion.

Just saw DD’s post, ha ha. God, I’m slow with a keyboard. Where I lived in southeast Houston, when the wind was blowing wrong, you could smell the Goodyear plant. I don’t miss it!

#19 Deckard, Mar 18, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2023
  20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Oh hell, what I’d give for a head of hair like that! It’s rough being an old hippie. No lumber attached. ;-)