1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pray for Sengun

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by eurobasket23, Mar 10, 2023.

1. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

2. maj21

maj21 Member

He’s just very limited in so many areas. We all know his strengths, which may be only 2-3 things on offense

3. eurobasket23

eurobasket23 Member

you think nix, kpj have talent ?? :) why only bench sengun
    sengun played 100 good game bari only 1

HardenReturns and albuster like this.
  4. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Nix is getting PT because there is no one else Silas can put at the PG in the absence of KPJ. Talent or not that's all you have, Ty Ty is definitely not ready.

I think KPJ is doing his job, he's not a star but I think if he had a better surrounding cast, you will see a better player. For example, How do you think Harden would function with Sengun? Personally, I dont think it will be a good mix.

When the Rockets brought in Dwight Howard, him and Harden didn't mix because Harden preferred him to roll to the basket, however Howard wanted PAINT TOUCHES. REMEMBER THAT? The offense was slow, until Capella became the starting center.

Again, I'm not anti-Sengun, I'm pro - Rockets. I want to win. Se gun is the type of player where I think he would flourish with a team like Denver but most NBA teams want athletic centers who can run and play defense.....AND THATS WHAT HOUSTON NEEDS.

5. maypk

maypk Member

Just out of curiosity, can you name one Rockets player who does have more than "may be only 2-3 things on offense" as his strength? And i'd really appreciate if you can list those strengths after you named the player.

albuster and eurobasket23 like this.
  6. Monkeychef02

Monkeychef02 Member

Corporations buy them in bulk and give them away to clients and employees. Most of which don’t attend.

7. eurobasket23

eurobasket23 Member

so we agree that in summer houston trades sengun
    i am fine with it
    sengun will improve his skills in a well organized club
    rockets is not one of them
    in nuggets dallas pacers nets magics spurs sengun will get better
    he will play less like 15-20 mins in big teams but i think its better for his development

8. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

nonsense post like this is what triggers the sengun only fans into creating more outlandish threads. Sengun can pass, sengun has a strong post game, sengun has a good pump fake, sengun can box out extremely well, has court vision, etc, etc. Folks on here praise his offense, and u telling me sengun being great on offense, is only limited to 2-3 things?

If he was that limited players around the league wouldn't b wondering why we aren't playing through sengun more.

Rubbish. This take is bad as the one poster that keeps thinking sengun game is mostly baby hooks.

#108 DatRocketFan, Mar 10, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2023
  9. jb86

jb86 Member

I don’t agree with moving the team but i can say our fan base is weak when it comes to basketball. Even when we were winning we were not selling out games. The Texans games sell out more than the Rockets and the Texans haven’t even won a championship.

10. albuster

albuster Member

A good trade for Sengun to go to Indiana and Turner should benefit the Rockets and Sengun can
    I would like to see Sengun traded for Turner from Indiana. That would give the Rockets a legitimate center and Sengun should thrive under Rick Carlisle. I love his game and it would be awesome to see him play in the right system under the right coach. The Rockets would also, hopefully, improve with Turner as the defensive anchor. Win, win.

HardenReturns likes this.
  11. albuster

albuster Member

I think the Morey worship will never be topped here. The SOF arguments are nothing compared to the kumbaya for more than a decade for the Church of Morey.

HardenReturns likes this.
  12. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Football will always be king in Texas

jb86 and 34to11 like this.
  13. maj21

maj21 Member

SOFs need to realize that Sengun is VERY good around the basket Offenseively and as a passer! THATS IT. He's not good outside of 15ft, he doesnt shoot the 3 at a good rate, he doesnt rebound outside of his area and he does not play defense. T
    I hope he improves with the Rockets, because I want to win or that they traded him. Personally, I
    He’s just very limited in so many areas. We all know his strengths, which may be only 2-3 things on offense
    shut the **** up. Kissing ass bc you’re afraid of backlash. Coward

14. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

lol @maj21 unhinged again

HardenReturns and CircaSurvive like this.
  15. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Who the fk do i fear of backlash, making sht up some more? Im just calling your a$$ out for your sht anti sengun takes. I hate folks that say oh i like sengun's game and proceeds to bash/criticize him with such low iq analysis. How can so many folks praise him being a very good offensive bb player and then u say oh he's only good at 2-3 things.

Sengun sets solid screen.
    Sengun is a good passer
    Sengun has a great post game
    Sengun is good at boxing out
    Sengun has great court vision.

That's more than 2-3 things right there and that's b not even going in depth. Im pretty sure when these sengunfantics make these outlandish thread they have your sht takes motivating them.

I dislike sengun only fans making sht thread reacting to the sht takes from anti sengun folks like yourself.

#115 DatRocketFan, Mar 10, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2023
  16. maj21

maj21 Member

Why would I be unhinged? Things are going my way, I love seeing his ass ride the bench lol

17. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Some others still try to pretend "they love Alpi, but", at least your hate is out in the open.

18. CircaSurvive

CircaSurvive Member

Totally normal to have this much energy towards a player you don't like lol definitely nothing beyond the scope of basketball or anything.

maypk likes this.
  19. maj21

maj21 Member

Don’t hate him as much as y’all think, just don’t care for him and hate his fans. Whatever makes SOFs upset, I’m with it. I’ve actually said many times how I don’t like the way he’s treated, but it’s bittersweet now lol

20. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

The sengun only folks are at least consistent. maj21 claims to b a huge fan of sengun, but like all dem haters who say im a huge fan of sengun proceeds to openly utilize low iq analysis to sht on sengun's game.

A common theme u see with a lot of the sengun haters are they part of the kpj fan club.