1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN pushing racism & division

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by JW86, Mar 7, 2023.

1. Lovemachine2000

I'm confused. So is Disney owned by the Chinese or by Christian fundamentalists?

2. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Playoff success isn’t an individual thing though. Embiid has had no playoff success, giannis’s only accomplishment was the nets getting injured. If giannis got swept that season people would say the same thing

3. Reeko

Reeko Member

after Giannis and his team's performance in the Bubble, there was no way in hell they were gonna give him another MVP the following year...that's all they harped on

So if Jokic and his team flames out again, but he's an advanced stats darling and his team is 1st in the West next year, they toss him a 4th straight?

they just pick and choose which players to prop up as well as who gets criticism, and who doesn't

mario_v likes this.
  4. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Perk is gonna be really mad when white Luka wins MVP next year lol.

Caesar likes this.
  5. sinobball

sinobball Member

Who is "us" because Dirk, Jokic and Nash are all foreigners. They just look more Americans than the Chinese

6. Nook

Nook Member

A lot goes into playoff success, but if you are going to win 3 straight MVP's, if you are that great, then there is going to be an expectation that you win a title during that time.

I agree that a lot of luck goes into it, Harden wins a title if CP3 isn't hurt..... Harden wins a second one if Kyrie and Harden don't get hurt against the Bucks.

astrosrule likes this.
  7. raining threes

Americans in general

This isn't about what countries the particular players are from.

This is another part of China's plab to become the #1 super power in the world. Part of this plan is to keep Americans divided on the basis of race. ESPN/ABC/Tik Tok etc.. are a few of the platforms the Chinese are using to accomplish this goal.

8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

The NBA doesn't have official MVP criteria because they like the debate, but some voters (and randos like me) view it as a regular season award.

I don't view it as some lifetime achievement award where previous seasons or playoffs are a factor. Same for DPOY, COTY, and other annual awards. Jokic has been awesome in the playoffs, but even if he had put up Ben Simmons-esque performances, that wouldn't impact his case for being a regular season MVP in my eyes.

That said, I suspect if someone were to do a real deep dive on MVP Award history, they would find that the largest contributing factor overall is narrative, which is of course driven in part by prior seasons or playoffs. But it's also finicky and can be stupid, as it was in the Russ Triple-Double year. So for that reason I'll stick to treating it as a regular season award that is based off its respective season only.

jordnnnn and Easy like this.
  9. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Perkins says stupid things ALOT. He does not represent all African Americans and should be judged on his own merit. I just don't think he's that insightful or smart for that matter. God bless him for making it out of Beaumont as a high school to NBA story but that's about it for me. He's just bad at his job and statements like this just make it obvious.

Caesar, cmoak1982 and YOLO like this.
  10. sinobball

sinobball Member

Yes it is. If the players are all from China would you still make the same statement

11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

All voted awards without stated criteria are narrative driven. That's why I put very little weight in those awards. I wasn't even mad when Westbrook stole Harden's MVP. I just don't care enough to invest my emotional energy in those things. Playoffs and championship successes are a whole lot more meaningful achievements.

12. raining threes

BS post

What if the sun rose in the west

13. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Not gonna weigh in on the race aspect. But Jokic and Dirk were top 10 in their MVP seasons. Jokic in one of them and 13th in the other.

14. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

How can you be racist against a group of ppl that control government and create laws?

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

Caesar and AleksandarN like this.
  16. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

Who else besides jokic would get a free pass to win 3 mvps while having 0 rings? Going by the numbers he deserves it this year but weve known in the past that really doesnt mean **** for other players

The voters like him more and there arent many other reasons that you can point to since he has no personality whatsoever. What makes him so likeable? You cant be this gullible

17. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

i mean him being by far the most impactful player this season would be the most logical reason for him to win the mvp. If you don't think the MVP should go to the player who brought the most value this season, who should it go to?

18. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

giannis and embiid are equally as deserving and wouldnt lead to giving an almost unprecedented 3peat mvp to someone who has managed to suck a fat dick every time the playoffs come around

19. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

They’re not even remotely close to deserving compared to him first of all. Secondly, embiid has always sucked in the playoffs, and giannis mostly has as well. If they’re just gonna troll with the mvp and make a mockery of it iverson style, i’d rather see someone like russ get it this year.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No reason.

Screenshot 2023-03-08 221225.png