1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. PCMILLS

PCMILLS Member

Even at 6'10", with a 7'4" wingspan, he might could have the inside presence of Horry back when he had some hops. I read somewhere that Malick could jump through the roof.

I just know that I'd like for him to develop with the team rather than in Germany. How many guys have we seen ride the pine that never got playing time. I'd rather take my chances with Malick and let him get that hunger to learn as quickly as possible so that he can get in the games. Apparently he has the body, and from some of the articles, it appears he has the attitiude, now he needs NBA training and discipline.

2. o3gs

o3gs Member

Malick & the Under-20 National Team played defeated Morocco in the first round yesterday 56-46. Unfortunately, FIBA-Africa does not provide a boxscore on their website and I am trying to find a game story in English since I do not speak French or Wolof. Hence, no stats on the game at this time.

They will play again on Wednesday, the 28th. The Championship game is one week from today.

As for comparisons. That is very tough. For the record, Malick is neither 6'10" or 7'0". When I last saw him, he came in at an even 6'11". I have seen him play numerous times, more often in one-on-one workouts, then in-game situations, so I will try to think of who he reminds me of and get back to all of you.

3. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

You guys are hoping against hope here. He's playing in a system where he's not asked to score but to set high picks. He lacks strength and has no offensive game. He can sort of rebound but that's not his forte. He's basically learning how to play the game. If he was ANYWHERE near good enough for the NBA, he'd be here or in the NBDL playing the style of ball he'll face in the league.

He's a nice kid but I feel that he was drafted solely because they had to draft SOMEBODY with that pick.