1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bill Simmons: “In the whisper circles, everybody seems to think he’s going back to Houston.”

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Mar 6, 2023.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

most of the ones crying about style of play have definitely barely watched the team at all since he was traded away…u can book that

2. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

Although that was great I prefer chuckle****s.

Nook, MadMax and HP3 like this.
  3. Landry's Tooth

I'm fine at 6th man but if Green doesn't improve much KPJ at the 2 is a defensive upgrade...

4. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I literally laughed out loud when I read chuckle****s. :)

5. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Depending on the deal I would not know of red flags.
    It's too early to say there are any red flags in my opinion at this point.
    This team needs a pg, he leads the league in assists
    This team needs to win next year bc they won't have their draft pick, he will help you have a great regular season
    Now I get it , if he wants a 7 year deal or something then that is a red flag but until we know terms I see no negative

6. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

If Harden comes to be the 6th man and is paid for such, I would be fine with that deal.

If Harden is looking for a multi year max deal …

7. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

Sure. That’s why he’s not an MVP anymore and merely a top 20 player. If we get Wemby we can sign Harden and be a legit title contender in 2 or 3 years. And a playoff team immediately. Nobody else would move the needle near as much a Harden.

groovemachine and Hemingway like this.
  8. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

I use chuckle****s 10-12 times a year in conversation or text and it never fails to get a Laugh. It’s great you just don’t want to overuse it.

MadMax likes this.
  9. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Silly Q: why WHY why is the prodigal’s return an open ‘secret’? That’s red flag #1 for me.
    Historically, as in always, JEHj has wanted top drawer, ready to win talent. Even if he were to add to Rox ‘core’, and an additional FA or 2 + top 5 pick, where is the upside, play-in? Does this sound like HappyHarden?

And, shoot, if the top 5 pick is #2, then sort the court. I cannot.

These are just the iceberg’s tops of the red flag charts.

Easy likes this.
  10. HoustonCRT

HoustonCRT Member

Harden is a top 10 player in the league, why would the worst team in NBA history make him the sixth man?

YaoMac09, Y2JT, CarlosGM and 2 others like this.
  11. Reeko

Reeko Member

Sixers with James Harden on and Embiid off have a +3 net rating in 558 minutes...they have a 117 offensive rating

this is Harden playing with Maxey and the likes of Niang, Montrezl Harrell or Paul Reed, Shake Milton, Thybulle and now Jalen McDaniels, etc

BHannes2BHonest, Y2JT, Nook and 3 others like this.
  12. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Well he is a free agent and said when he left that it was not the end. And I think they are saying it's a open secret as in no one knows for sure but really everyone really thinks it's going to happen. That's no red flag thats just how nba works
    OK so let's assume the best is a playin with harden. I think if he comes here, he knows it's not to win a championship in year 1 or 2 so I don't see how he will be u happy with that all of a sudden. Also what is this team finishing without him? Most likely worse than where they would finish with him

13. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Why would Harden go to the worst team in NBA history to be the number one option? Harden left Houston before, from a better team talent wise.

Harden saying he wants to return to Houston does not make a damn bit of sense … except as a negotiation ploy.

From Houston’s perspective, they need to develop their young talent. Harden as the 6th man would make sense to the Rockets.

14. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Harden as a sixth man doesn't make sense on any team, for any reason. Playing your best player fewer minutes doesn't help the development of anyone on the roster.

15. Monkeychef02

Monkeychef02 Member

Dwight past his prime, CP3 went down with injury, Embiid they are only on season 2

16. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

we can agree that we see this ‘picture’ differently.

And, for the record, if JEHj were to return I will support him and ‘my team’.

eliefor3 likes this.
  17. Nook

Nook Member

I just remember my parents telling me to avoid the whisper circles.

ThaRavenOfSanJack likes this.
  18. Nook

Nook Member

It would be awesome 5 years ago for sure.

Now it would just be sad.

19. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

He left because this team was not good enough for him. Is this Rockets team better than when he left? Not unless we get Wemby or sign another superstar. He left allegedly because he didn't like how Fertitta ran the team and both the GM and coach he liked were gone. Is it any different now? NO.

And is this team any better than the Sixers team he is playing with? Again, not unless we get Wemby or sign another superstar.

The motive is very suspect to say the least.

Yung-T likes this.
  20. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

Y2JT likes this.