1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade Victor?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Landry's Tooth, Mar 4, 2023.

1. Landry's Tooth

I think most of agree that if Wemby was 7' and 250 we wouldn't hesitate to keep him at all costs.

I think it is kind of similar the Bryce Young issue with the size. There's little history of success at his size so it makes the risks harder to predict.

I still think it takes a proven younger allstar level guy that might have room to grow still plus a lot of picks.

I find the problem is that most teams with a lot of picks don't have young allstars or teams with young stars don't have a stockpile of picks.

All that being said, he's the reason you tank so just collecting picks for another once a decade player doesn't make a ton of sense to me.

xaos and NewAge like this.
  2. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

That's why it would make the most sense to me in the off chance that OKC happens to land #2 and is willing to send us a package centered around SGA and Scoot. But a.) the odds that we get the #1 and OKC gets the #2 are astronomically low and b.) I'm not sure if they'd offer that package even if it did happen.

3. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Who would you trade LeBron for in 2003?

4. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Would you trade Kwame Brown for Paul Gasol and Tyson Chandler in 2001?
    Would you trade Andrea Bargnani for Lamarcus Aldridge and Brandon Roy in 2006?
    Would you trade Greg Oden for Kevin Durant and Al Horford in 2007?
    Would you trade Blake Griffin for James Harden and Steph Curry in 2009?
    Would you trade Den Simmons for Jaylen Brown and Brandon Ingram in 2016?
    Would you trade Markele Fultz for Jason Taum and Donovon Mitchell in 2017?
    Would you trade Deandre Ayton for Luka Doncic and Trae Young in 2018?

And I would quite possibly trade Lebron in 2003. Wade + Bosh core would be crazy.

#64 larsv8, Mar 5, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2023
    kjayp likes this.
  5. dakeem1

dakeem1 Member

I kind of look at this as a Victor vs Jalen debate. If you trade Victor, you're basically saying you want to build around Jalen.

My view is you should never trade someone like Victor, and on top of that move on from Jalen. I've been defending him against my friends for a while but I am over it. I think Jalen is not a winner. He is still someone who could win the scoring title but I think we have already put him down the wrong path with our pitiful culture and he can't return. Him and KPJ are lost causes in my view.

Hell even without Victor, I think this team should already been built around Sengun, Jabari and Eason. The juries still even out on Jabari.

6. Landry's Tooth

Tim Duncan and picks...