1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: Harden Return?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Htown Legend, Dec 25, 2022.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

Doesn't look like money will be the deciding factor in this case.

luckyman76, Reeko and JayGoogle like this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

he is still widely loved by the fanbase, and at the very least, it’s far more love than he’d receive anywhere else

3. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

4. Reeko

Reeko Member

Harden is locked in on this push to win it all. In that regard, things are going well in Philly. But what scenarios might make it the most likely he’ll leave? It seems to be anyone’s guess. Maybe winning it all makes it easier for him to head for Houston, with that championship burden lifted. Or maybe the Sixers get to the NBA Finals, showing just enough promise to make him want to stay and finish the job. And why, as is the case, do some key Sixers players privately believe that Harden may make this Houston reunion a reality? These are questions for the summertime.

hmmm, so even players on the Sixers believe this is real…Is 1 of these key players Embiid? PJ? He of all people would know

Is this so widespread that word has even reached the likes of players on other teams like Draymond?

ElPigto likes this.
  5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I think online reaction is not equal to offline reaction is different too. We know people act differently online...

Online reaction tends to be negative. I mean the crap I've heard about Astros players from houston fans online during playoff games was always unreal to me. The stuff I hear about Popovic from Spurs fans online is also unreal to me...but in the real world they get love. Like while we'll get negative threads here I can't imagine a rockets crowd booing a jersey retirement for Harden for example and that's not dependent on him returning here or not.

Like I'd be mad that altuve struck out a crucial at bat too or fumbles a ground ball but I won't be online talking about he's a choking bum but that's just online ****. Real world Altuve is and will forever be a King in this city. Same for Harden.

YOLO and Reeko like this.
  6. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I just don't think this is true. Real world I hear a lot of people genuinely dislike him.

7. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

If Harden is coming back he better be bringing more back with him than Danuel House.

I have a lot of respect for how Jason Kidd changed his game and did what he could to elevate Dirk and co in his final stretch with the Mavs.

I’m more than happy to welcome James back IF that’s what he’s signing up for and if he’s able to sign alongside another all star caliber player being traded for or being signed as well. Otherwise I’m not down with him being signed under the assumption he’s going to return to his MVP style of play with a very player friendly and relaxed culture.

HardenReturns likes this.
  8. Reeko

Reeko Member

a lot of it seems to be fake salty hate over how he left

I was at the Sixers game this year, and the boos were pretty weak…the dude sitting next to me was even telling me how he was just salty that Harden left

luckyman76 and JayGoogle like this.
  9. Reeko

Reeko Member

James Harden choked game 6 against the Spurs, and it was still pretty much all love

his restaurant seems to be doing pretty well…Didn’t Ayesha Curry get run outta town?

if Harden came back and did his JH Weekend or whatever it’s called, bet u it’s sold out with a line out the door

JayGoogle likes this.
  10. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

There are mixed reactions on Harden depending on who you talk to. I have friends that love him and others that despise him. The usual talking point is how selfish he was with the ball, then I bring up the fact that we had more success with Harden than we had with any other player post Stockton 3 era. Those individuals usually have no defense after that.

clos4life and HP3 like this.
  11. Reeko

Reeko Member

to me it was like 90+% love from the fanbase when he was here…went down to 70% love when he forced the trade, and would go back to 85% love immediately the minute he came back…and would only increase if the Rockets being good again coincided with his arrival and he continues to play like he did in Philly with drastically reduced usage and more focused on setting guys up than trying to drop 30

you’d always see a few “choking bum” posts by Rockets fans online even when he was putting up MVP play, but that was always nowhere to be seen in-person at TC

clos4life, Dobbizzle and JayGoogle like this.
  12. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Harden comes back u bet folks will b going to the games wearing his jersey.

Pretty sure most of us would welcome him back. Always remember that u can't please everybody. The majority would welcome the beard return and will b ecstatic once we start winning. The minority would b once more btching about how harden is a choker and whatnot

13. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

If Harden comes back and manages to simultaneously alienate the KPJ fans, the Sengunheads, and the Harden haters, it will be the greatest trick ever pulled

Worth it just for the laughs, I'm sorry it just is.

Verbal Christ, JayGoogle and pmac like this.
  14. Puppet Master

Puppet Master Member

Lots of folks still wear his jersey to the game now

clos4life, Reeko and JayGoogle like this.
  15. Sengoat28

Sengoat28 Member

I really hope Harden comes back with a 4 jear max contract. I will love to wstch how the defense every game would like with harden, green, kpj, nix, ty ty, kaminski haha and the chance sengun get traded will increase. Give green also a max and *** the franchise for the next few jears then haha

16. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

Did someone pulled quotes from the Iko article today?
    I love Harden, but I dont want him to come back, Im ready for the next thing. However, this seems very clear

https://theathletic.com/4261804/2023/03/01/james-harden-houston-rockets-nba-free-agency/

17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

the11mingdynasty and clos4life like this.
  18. alex_eg6

alex_eg6 Member

Winning games would be nice again I’m not asking for much

clos4life likes this.
  19. KingSamJack

KingSamJack Member

This is the second time Roosh has said, if harden leaves Philly its "Deeper than basketball" he must know something.

BHannes2BHonest likes this.
  20. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

You couldn't be more wrong. Harden left on good terms with the front office. They basically did everything he asked, even tradrd him to his preferred destination. James and Tillman were very friendly to the point Harden was using his private jet. He loves Harden, even talked about retiring his number already lol

If Harden didn't like Tillman, these Harden to Houston rumors wouldn't be this strong. Unless this is all just a leverage move. We'll see i guess