1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Media really trying to take us down

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JW86, Feb 24, 2023.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Owner has posters like @JW86 wrapped around his finger and they believe it just normal bad and not historically bad.

Pray for the Wemby lord.

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Nobody except a Rockets fan cares about the Rockets right now. Think about how bad it really is to reach the point where national media is mentioning the Rockets. We're entering the playoff run, these are numerous NBA story lines out there to highlight and the Rockets crack through all that to get a few mentions? Yeah, we're already down. National media is just doing a drive-by look at the grisly wreck.

saleem, Nook, napalm06 and 4 others like this.
  3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Rockets haven't been a steaming pile of **** for the past 3 years. That's just what the media wants you to think.

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Or maybe this is a shitshow?

who’s the last team to have the worst record in the league two years in a row?

5. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

It's not real until Kendrick Perkins says so.. He's the only one I trust for some reason about the Rockets

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I personally can't imagine why anyone would be questioning the current state of affairs. Just read the sheer joy everyone gets in each game thread, and the wise and balanced statements by the owner.

Fertitta and McNair don't need any help taking down these franchises.

MorningZippo likes this.
  7. Balldon'tlie

Balldon'tlie Member

The media isn't lying we have SHYT owners on both our basketball and football teams and our teams suck as a result. Texans will be a NO GO ZONE after what they did to Deshaun. The Rockets went from an elite destination to the new Sacremento Kings under this terrible Fertitta Tenure. May gawd help me, i will raise billions and buy this team from this clown Fertita so help me gawd

8. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I think we're doing a pretty good job of overall sucking all on our own

Downtown Sniper and Joe Rocket like this.
  9. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Media trying to take us down where?? Are we actually good or did I miss something?

Do you guys not remember the Sixers, Hinkie, and The Process? The media crapped on them way more and once Embiid got healthy and they got good they sure did change their tune.

The media basketball purists hate teams that tank. The NBA also probably has a hand in encouraging it to discourage and make an example out of tanking teams because it’s bad for the brand, TV revenue, ticket sales m, etc. Can’t say I can blame them either.

So relax… the Rockets just need to get at least one player that they can build around and go from there. Houston has always been a destination city for NBA players for various reasons. No reason to think the city will implode tomorrow.

(also yeah it’s obvious the Rockets do need leadership changes across the board. The culture likely does suck as bad or close to as bad as it’s rumored. That is definitely something that can be achieved with a solid coaching hire even if the owner and GM sucks although it would be great if all three were good leaders.)

10. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

"take us down" We've taken ourselves down they are just reacting to it. Poor GM Poor Owner The absoilute worst coach in NBA history etc. I think they wanted to bottom out to get good picks and went too far.

11. TimDuncanDonaut

Normally we can brush it off, some Rockets fans even welcome it because it turns up the heat on the organization...

...but the media ganging up on the Rockets as the org tries to go after Victor/Henderson, get new coaches, and opens door to free agents in pivot year is really bad timing.

A NBA team doesn't live in isolation, it depends on the league's network for player and coach acquisition, sadly reputation matters.

#31 TimDuncanDonaut, Feb 25, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2023
    saleem, burlesk and i3artow i3aller like this.
  12. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Chances OP posts in thread again?

Downtown Sniper likes this.
  13. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

Silas and KPJ needs to go, and pray for Wemby

King1 likes this.
  14. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

It is largely overblown hysteria. KPJ threw some food in a locker room about three years ago. He walked out during a game at pure frustration in a losing season. Lost it like many of the posters over the continual losing. He is not a pure point guard. He is a pretty talented player according to NBA stars. Get over it. Folks above KPJ's pay grade make the decisions.

Pops in San Antonio has lost 15 straight games as they tank. Nobody criticizes him. They look so good in losing!! Everyone either claims our young players are busts for their draft position have or we have so much talent that any other coach or system would win so much more.

A true franchise player and a new start with a new coach as someon mentioned with Philly and Embid and all will be forgotten and the media can run some other stories abut the Rockets when they feel to write one.

Clutch fans will obsessively blame losses on another player even if KPJ leaves. There will be endless threads about Sengun only fans.
    I predict Jabari or Green will be the next bad boy to focus o.l

15. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

What part isn't true?

16. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Media was at us before Tilman. Thee of short memory!

17. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

I don't think the media has any interests in reporting Rockets. People don't want to know the worst front office and worst head coach of Rockets except their fans.

18. jim1961

jim1961 Member

I was just thinking about this.
    Perception is more important than fact.
    And whether its based in truth, or not, the Rockets are being made out as the toilet boil team of the league.
    Septic and toxic.

I thought the current hierarchy would last to the off season. Now I am not so sure if they will survive the backlash, deserved or not.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  19. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Media actually talks about us?

20. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Lmao, imagine getting paid millions to literally be the worst coach in your entire profession for three straight years and then complaining because "your spirit is broken" to a city of blue collar workers.

I mean, wow lmfao. Talk about tone deaf.