1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    GAME 7 ORLANDO vs CLEVELAND. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

ESPN's Jonathan Givony would cut KPJ, says Rockets locker room/culture is bad

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 24, 2023.

1. Caesar

Caesar Member

Hmm. Maybe cutting the best guard on the worst team 3 years running is an addition by subtraction? What are you worried about anyway? Aren't you so confident in him that he'll go succeed as a star 2 guard for a playoff contender? Why wouldn't a playoff team sign the best guard on an NBA team off waivers?

Hey Google. How do you say 'head honcho' in Chinese?
    老板
    Lǎobǎn

2. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Media putting the hit so we don't get Wemby

3. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Idk I'm not in that group, I just dont want kpj to b our pg. Kpj has talent but him playing pg ain't it.

But from what I gathered the soup throwing incidence, usc and him ditching the team mid game are a few reasons y folks don't want him.

4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I wonder if people realize going to a worse team means less spacing, less easy attempts etc. They might up their usage but their efficiency would tank at the same time.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

So you cut the best young player on the team because the players around them are so bad due to wasted draft picks? That's certainly an interesting take.

Honestly I'm not worried one way or the other, if the Rockets cut all of their players, I'll still be a Rockets fan....I'll just think it's a stupid move.

When you strike out on two consecutive top 3 picks, this kind of BS is to be expected. Fans of the over hyped scrubs will attack the rest of the team blaming everyone and everything other than their guy for his failure.

6. i3artow i3aller

7. Moe

Moe Contributing Member

Would have liked, but didn't see sign Jesus to play point.

payaso likes this.
  8. Fantasma Negro

9. Caesar

Caesar Member

Glad to hear it, but i get the feeling you'll find a way to be the same with a completely different team. You're an agent of chaos.

King1 likes this.
  10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's funny that typically those who get over attached to players assume that I am as they are, which is why I've heard this same thing about several players.

I have high hopes for KPJ because he's the second best player on the team and he's only 22. He's been a rare bright spot for a team that just wasted two top 3 picks on guys who are the 2 worst performing players on the entire team. If KPJ doesn't pan out, it's no big deal, there is always going to be another....but the only thing I take exception to is KPJ being used as a scapegoat for Jalen Green and Jabari Smith's embarrassingly poor performances.

It always seems to be people who are overly attached to an individual player that go that route. Some are overly attached to Green and want to deflect from his poor performances, some are overly attached to Sengun and want to blame KPJ for the shortcomings in Sengun's game and how he's being used on the team, a very noteworthy fan is well known to be overly attached to Jabari Smith and would like to deflect from his embarrassing performances.

This was all so predictable.

11. Nook

Nook Member

No you don’t.

No one has contacted you and said I am a fraud, because I haven’t said anything fraudulent and no one takes you seriously anyway.

You are entitled to your opinion, just like everyone else and we already talked about this and agreed to disagree - but knock it off with anyone credible calling me a fraud.

12. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

My only question: does anyone else pass the must-get-rid-of threshold aside from KPJ?

Edit: I meant player-wise. Who has to go? Who is directly attributing to this toxicity, and their negatives are outweighing the positives?

#232 baller4life315, Feb 25, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2023
  13. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Nix. Silas. And regarding kpj it depends on who u ask

Everybody else needs a chance in a new environment to see what they really have.

14. i3artow i3aller

Slandering Givony and Nook in order to prop up Porter Jr is nasty work :rolleyes::eek:

15. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

Cheap way of waving the white flag imo

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Nope, everything is 100% his fault, somehow.

The Rockets win the next 20 championships if they only get rid of the best guard on the roster. Don't you know he threw soup years ago? Clearly that's the reason for all of the problems on the team.

17. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Maybe it was @Margrave who "contacted him".

18. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

You are reading what's left of my mind.

Actually, Windhorst the Hut sounds more like he wants to tip the scales (PUN INTENDED) so Harden stays with Embiid rather than return to Ho-town.

payaso and hakeem94 like this.
  19. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Yes! Drag him!!!

hakeem94 and King1 like this.
  20. riko

riko Member

He was hardens assistant coach in Brooklyn. I think James needs to give him a call and see ya in Htown next year

Fantasma Negro likes this.