1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

~{ James Harden's Philadelphia 76ers }~

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ThatBoyNick, Feb 10, 2022.

1. RocketsDraftTV

embiid is listening to shaq, and barkley too much, those turn around mid range jumpers will only get harder in the playoffs, they have a formula that works with the harden embiid pick and roll, but they dont like running it. Everytime the sixers start force feeding embiid, teams always seem to cut the lead by chunks. The sixers are lucky that embiid is a good free-throw shooter or this offense would really be ugly

2. Reeko

Reeko Member

Harden looks good out there physically…he’s been blowing by good defenders

he gave Mobley work on multiple possessions

Harden truly doesn’t care about scoring anymore…he will drop 10 in the 1st quarter, then shoot just 1 time in the 2nd

3. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

they just dont have another playmaker

Shake milton has horrible vision and is nonexistent even as a scorer most nights

4. riko

riko Member

This is the best harden has moved since 2020 bubble season. Look at his field goal percentage. He is shooting 46 percent from the field as opposed to 40 percent last season. He is shooting at 39 percent from the 3pt line as opposed to 32 percent last season.

RocketsDraftTV likes this.
  5. shocky2002

shocky2002 Member

Can someone tell me why Daryl didn't just fire Doc and hire MDA?

MDA managed to make House Jr look like a competent championship contender role player.

Rocket River and RocketsDraftTV like this.
  6. riko

riko Member

The management don’t want to pay doc dead money. Morey wanted to hire MDA last offseason. My guess is if they don’t make the conference finals Rivers is gone.
    He is an awful coach. His offensive game plan is to throw it into Embiid and everyone else just stand there and watch. It’s putrid and out of date.

Rocket River and RocketsDraftTV like this.
  7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

He appears unable to make adjustments nor develope talent
    Never paid that much attempt to him until this year
    but
    He runs into a similar situation as the old rockets
    So many young non star players get better when they leave him
    meaning the talent is there . . but he cannot cultivate it

Rocket River

RocketsDraftTV likes this.
  8. riko

riko Member

The guy is not a good coach. He got carried by Garnett, Pierce, Ray Allen, Rondo, James Posey ( former Rockets legend) and PJ Brown to a title.

9. shocky2002

shocky2002 Member

He ****ing coaches like it's 2008 too. Super antiquated system.

10. RocketsDraftTV

i knew doc was an overrated coach when he had garnett, pierce and ray allen, but still went the full 7 games with 8 seeds like the bulls in 2009 and the hawks in 2009

Rocket River likes this.
  11. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Wouldn't the last reserved player picked the same as "last pick"?

peleincubus likes this.
  13. YOLO

YOLO Member

exactly lol.

they think for whatever reason picking from the reserve pool first over the starter pool takes away "last pic". No, someone is always going to get picked last obviously

Easy likes this.
  14. riko

riko Member

Yes his postup offense is long outdated. The more I watch how minimises Harden and Maxey the more I’m convinced both those guys are gone when their contracts up if this clown is still the coach

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

I mean he has Embiid. There's really no reason not to have him down there a lot when he's pretty much unstoppable in that area

38-19 4th best record overall. #6 rated offense/defense in the league. That doesn't say Philly is doing too bad and thats with maxey/harden missing significant time

16. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Sensitive snowflakes, spearheaded by James Harden I'm sure. @RocketsDraftTV

hakeem94 and foh like this.
  17. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

A bit over the top, these players are men not kids.

18. shocky2002

shocky2002 Member

Everyone knows you need to run your offense outside-->in in today's NBA. Doc runs his offense inside-->out, and it really doesn't do Maxey any favors. Everyone knows what Joel is capable of doing but you're not going to win the title unless you maximize Tyrese and James. Their spacing sucks dick too

riko and RocketsDraftTV like this.
  19. shocky2002

shocky2002 Member

Sixers spacing is seriously so ****ing ****. I've been watching old James videos from the Rockets days and it's just night and day. Having Eric Gordon stretch allll the way beyond the 3pt line really did wonders for the Rockets offense. I dunno why they can't have Tyrese do the same thing when he has the range to hit super long 3's. I'm just imagining "what MDA would do" and the Sixers would be wayyyy better if they had him as the coach instead of Doc. Not only do they barely run the 1/5 PNR but they DON'T do it from the TOP of the key. Smh

#4419 shocky2002, Feb 18, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2023
  20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Inside-out is fine if your perimeter guys are primarily catch and shoot kind of guys. But Harden and Maxey aren't that.