1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cougar Basketball

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Progs, Mar 14, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Aware

Aware Member

I love seeing the team ranked lol

Its bragging rights and thats what college sports is all about.
    Long may it continue!

GradyMcTracy and seemoreroyals like this.
  2. Buck Turgidson

They mentioned the Elvin Fan Contingent about 20 times in the last 5 minutes...

Madmanmetz likes this.
  3. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

I could here them cheering thru the TV. It was nice to have a road crowd in Philly.

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

Sasser in his bag early

5. GradyMcTracy

GradyMcTracy Member

Wish I could keep ESPN+ streaming for longer than 5 minutes at a time
    At least I get to cancel it as soon as this game is over though!

Madmanmetz likes this.
  6. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

I guess the ESPN+ works different depending on where you are receiving the signal. The game tonight was the first for me with no hiccups. It is usually 4 or 5 times mainly in the first half where the signal is lost. I have to reset to get a clean signal back. It can be a PITA.

One thing I do like about ESPN+ is being able to watch replays. I went back and rewatched the Temple game in full. That second half was incredible. Best I can remember us playing all year.

Back to tonight's game against Tulsa. The only thing in doubt in this one was when was Ryan Elvin going to get into the game. We need some of these type games so we can get more playing time for our role players. Glad to see Arceneaux, Sharp, and Francis get some extended playing time. We are going to need them to contribute down the stretch.

GradyMcTracy likes this.
  7. YOLO

YOLO Member

Terrance rolled his ankle tonight in the 2nd half. Atleast they don’t play again until next Thursday but still a setback for him spending time getting treated and out of reps

8. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Looking forward to being #1 again , holding it, and moving into the Tournament with momentum.

*Need to beat Memphis twice

seemoreroyals likes this.
  9. Bear_Bryant

Bear_Bryant Member

How's the view down there? :)

Plowman likes this.
  10. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

Disappointed we stayed at 2 but not surprised. More important to focus on rounding into form and finish regular season strong. We only have 6 games left including the two you mentioned with Memphis. Win these upcoming games and stay healthy and everything else will take care of itself.

solid and Plowman like this.
  11. solid

solid Contributing Member

Alabama did beat UH at home, and came back from 15 down to do it. I guessed they would leap frog us into the top spot. All that matters is to continue to win and get a number one seed in the NCAA tournament. (and get revenge against Alabama in the Finals)

#6031 solid, Feb 13, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2023
    Aware likes this.
  12. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Babalama does play Tennessee next, so maybe there's hope. But, of course, then Purdue would probably jump over UH.

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

14. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I’ll be there Sunday for whoever may want to have a drink on me

15. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I know, right...No, you guys deserve it. I'm looking forward to playing each other again in the Final. :D

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

Bama will probably lose tonight vs Ten. The “rental” is a curse in itself. And we know the overall rated top team doesn’t fare well in March as history has showed.

King1, Nook and seemoreroyals like this.
  17. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

Odds got worse as anticipated. Glad i got it in before the season started at +1000. And MM got his in at 8/1 in December

19. Nook

Nook Member

You know that it is still a crap shoot.

UH has as good a chance as anyone, but it only takes one poor shooting game or an injury.

There is skill and coaching involved, and Sampson is exceptional at coaching and building for the tournament.

I think if UH gets to the Finals or wins it all, we will see someone take a fairly large step forward on the offensive end.

Could be any of 4-5 people, maybe Sasser does it.... but if I had to guess, I think it would be Walker.

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

well yeah it's still a crap shoot just like anything else. but seeing pretty much every team on that list, there's not a team I don't think UH can't beat. There's a number of pretenders on that list. This team is positioned from top to bottom to make the run to the very end and have all the boxes checked in what you need in a legitimate national title contender.

Houston Native and Nook like this.