1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fire Silas 2.0

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatboyPhuong, Oct 21, 2022.

1. Balldon'tlie

Balldon'tlie Member

yup. Silas is HOT Trash. This better be his last year

clos4life and ThatboyPhuong like this.
  2. ExTxGS

ExTxGS Member

There is an article with Alperen Sengun in Turkish Newspaper, One part is about coaching. Here is translation of this part.

Alperen Şengün, Avrupa'daki antrenörlerle NBA'deki antrenörleri karşılaştırırken, "Bence Avrupa koçları daha zor, çünkü daha sert. Amerika’da koçlar daha çok oyuncuya bırakıyor her şeyi. O yüzden adaptasyon sürecim kolay oldu. Hatta bir boşluk bile yaşadım ilk geldiğimde. Ben sert koçlarla büyüdüm çünkü"

When i compare European coaches and NBA coaches, European coaches are tougher. In USA, coaches let players to decide. So my adaption was easy, but i had a confusion on the first days. Because i grew up with tough coaches.

3. CRJ713

CRJ713 Member

Silas is losing the locker room. I’m sure he’s a great guy but he’s just not the right coach for this young team.

clos4life, 13 in 33 and BallSoHarden like this.
  4. a time to chill

The tank is right on schedule

clos4life, RKREBORN, txtodd and 2 others like this.
  5. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

The sad fact of the matter is Silas is not even on the proverbial “Hot Seat”. Not one word from Stone or Tilman about not being happy with the situation. He could go 2-80 and they’d keep him at this point.

ThatboyPhuong likes this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Stone that dude that cares more about being well dressed than the team's own fans.

Imanimal likes this.
  7. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

If mgmt is trying to lose it would be kinda off for them to do so. They will just keep quiet get whatever pick they get in the draft. Fire him as a scape goat and move on with acquired draft talent and FA signings no longer trying to lose.

8. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Not good at all for all these youngsters to have no discipline and get a losing mentality. Trust me, it’s much more important for them to be coached well now for the future. New coach gets us to a fifth worst record and we still get a 12% chance at the first pick. Need to do things right now and not have disgruntled players saying we’re not improving!!!

peleincubus and TesseracT like this.
  9. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

Gordon was right, we are the joke and not improved this season

13 in 33 likes this.
  10. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

What would EG know….it’s not like he’s an insider or something???

11. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Maybe so. I obviously have no control over anything. I still think 5th is probably where they end up which is what I think I said before the season started. Looks like they are aiming for bottom 3 though.

Hornets should start winning more now too. I suppose it’s the Pistons and Spurs who end up lower.

12. ThatboyPhuong

ThatboyPhuong Member

Kpj needs to get back after that turnover smh

13. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

I know we're tanking, but man he is absolutely atrocious. Why is Garrison Matthews getting playing time? Why does he insist on sitting Jalen and Sengun and the most inopportune times? He is so bad.

14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

He’s done. Can him

15. CantStopJG24

CantStopJG24 Member

First round draft picks:

Ty Ty: 8 Mins
    Josh: 0 mins
    Garuba: 11 mins
    Eason: 15 mins

We're losing while not developing. WTF is the point? He's easily the worst coach in the league and it's not even close.

16. fattz

fattz Member

If he plays these players we may win, that goes against what the long term goal is.

17. CantStopJG24

CantStopJG24 Member

How?

That's literally the point of tanking. You play your draft picks, sit the veterans and live with the results. If they win, great, they're learning how to win games and doing it on their own without veterans bailing them out. If they lose, great too, at least they played mins and will learn from their mistakes.

18. fattz

fattz Member

We want a top 5 pick

19. CantStopJG24

CantStopJG24 Member

You think those guys are good enough to win games to not get you a top 5 pick? They're still going to lose but they're playing. Look at the Lakers tank from 2014-2018. They played their young guys and still lost. Also, if those guys are good enough to win games on their own, you wouldn't even be thinking about another top 5 pick. It would actually be great news.

20. bj3175

bj3175 Member

coach's job is to get that no 1 pick. unfortunately he is doing a magnificent job