1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

TE for Wilcox??

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by swong126, Jul 16, 2004.

1. swong126

swong126 Contributing Member

How do you goes feel about TE for Wilcox..... Clippers has Brand and Wilcox is the same type of player.

2. swong126

6'10 PF

3. Sane

Sane Member

1) Who would be their backup PF?

2) They just cleared cap space by trading a couple of players to the Bobcats.

3) Why the hell would the Clippers, who are under the cap, want a tiny portion of a TE?

4) We have 3 PF's and you get rid of none of them in this deal.

Horrible idea. You need to think a little more about the new threads you're starting.

4. deadlybulb

deadlybulb Contributing Member

Wilcox has a lot of upside, but we're stacked @ PF. If we could trade Mo, Howard, or Spoon for a PG or backup C, then I'd like that idea.

5. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Not going to happen. The Clippers moved out some of their big man depth, Melvin Ely in a misguided bid to land Kobe. If they send out Wilcox too, then they would have NO decent bigs on the bench at all.

#5 m_cable, Jul 16, 2004
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2004
  6. codell

codell Contributing Member

Rumor has it then CD is going to call Elgin Baylor about this when he gets back in a few weeks.

7. Sane

Sane Member

Can't wait for him to get back from his trip... How are his horses?

8. swong126

when u read my posts u shud have the benny hill theme song in ur head lol lol lol

9. swong126

After your stupid reply, now u are some what agreeing with me. Thats pretty dumb dun u think

10. pasox2

pasox2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If there's a way to get him, we should try. I don't know how the TE works directly - it would have to be used with a third party to get them something they want in clipperland to go with Kamen, Brand, Maggette and presumeably Q. Clips might move him for a point guard thats more of a ball distributor than Jaric. I could see Chicago doing something, after the crawford deal, depending on how that shakes.

11. codell

They are good.

Get this .....CD is putting in a THIRD solarium!!!

Thats just kooky talk

12. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

The Clippers dont need the TE. They already are WELL under the cap, even if they match the offersheet to Q. They arent going to give away Wilcox for nothing.

We had a chance at getting Ely and the Bobcats beat us to it. Let's move on.

13. codell

Holy cow. I think Swong is losing while we all beebopin and scatin all over him.

14. Sane

Sane Member

Explain to me how exactly I "some what" agreed with you.

Everyone would like to get Wilcox, but your proposal is full of holes. I gave you 4 reasons why I don't think it would work, and you can't refute a single one of them.

15. LeGrouper

LeGrouper Contributing Member

What about TE for Jiri Welsch? That makes more sense to me.

16. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Clippers just decimated their roster to get Kobe, then got screwed.

No way they trade Wilcox for nothing. They aren't THAT interested in draft picks.

They screw up every draft anyway.

17. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I really don't think loosing Melvin Ely qualifies as decimating ones roster.

18. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Maybe not, but Brand, Kaman, and Wilcox are the only big guys on the Clippers right now, so there isn't any way that they would move Wilcox out for the TE.

19. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

What does that have to do with my post? Like you I don't think the Clipps would be enterested in sending Wilcox to us.

20. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

They also sent Drobnjak and House to the Bobcats and were ready to let Richardson go to the Suns (though they'll probably match now).

Considering that they let Kandi, Odom, and Miller all go to playoff teams last offseason, I really don't think they'll just go on throwing away talented (and cheap) players. That was the point I was trying to make.

Don't underestimate Ely either. He'll be solid. Think PJ Brown (at best) or Nazr Mohammed (at worst).