1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: Harden Return?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Htown Legend, Dec 25, 2022.

1. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

And you have Jabari, Eason, and Wemby switching and helping in my scenario. By all means if you can identify a star 3D wing that we can sign in FA or is disgruntled and we could trade for then let’s hear it.

In FA is Middleton who is old and injury prone in trade would be Derozan who is just old like Harden and doesn’t fit the rebuild timeline.

2. KePoW

KePoW Contributing Member

I would not want him back.

I don't actually have anything against Harden though, even when he left I wasn't hating on him and I understood his side.

But at this stage in his career, he would be a bad chemistry fit here.

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  3. dmoneybangbang

I realize the rebuild has been hard…..

But Harden should be like plan d or plan e.

4. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

1. I think he just likes Houston. I sincerely think this is home to him.
    2. We have cap space and trade assets.
    3. Eason, Garuba, Smith represent two way players with defensive traits that can cover Harden and Green. Green is here to pull the scoring load
    4. The 2023 draft pick specifically could net an elite allstar if you wanted to go that route.

5. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

U asked why and I responded. Harden is a massive upgrade over kpj. Better playmaker, better scorer and he can control the offense.

Are u getting angry over this? U gonna call me a harden only fan next?

Dobbizzle and dmoneybangbang like this.
  6. Caesar

Caesar Member

I don't get the "doesn't make sense" when cp3 to young suns is still fresh and they're still contending. Harden would be the same age or a year younger i believe than cp3 at that point. It only doesn't make sense to me if we draft Scoot because Harden or Green won't fit at SF and we're not benching Green or Scoot. A vet pg with Wemby added or even if the team remained as is, a vet pg makes sense. I'm not even a fan of Harden's style of play, but it absolutely makes sense when we gotta start winning next year.

This was always our last year to really benefit from the draft. We were always going to have to start really trying to win starting next year. That's why i never understood the people wanting to prematurely do that this year and ended up disappointed especially when such a good draft is coming up.

Y2JT and Dobbizzle like this.
  7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Me laughing at you isn't me being angry. You just can't help yourself and I find it hilarious.

8. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

IF Harden comes back this summer

- Wemba was selected by Houston
    - Silas is gone
    - MDA is rehired
    - Wants to bring a championship to Houston (unfinished business)
    - Strippers

9. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

You think a guy who can setup our young players with endless open shots is somehow a bad chemistry fit compared to thee current logjam of idiocy that we have trotting out KPJ and Nix for heavy minutes at point each game?!

Y2JT, Richie_Rich and clos4life like this.
  10. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Help myself at what? Stating the obvious?

Some folks don't want harden bc fear that he's washed up, understandable.
    But "washed up" harden is still a better option at playmaking than kpj.
    Rockets are better with Harden on the team.

Monkeychef02 and clos4life like this.
  11. chenjy9

Supporting Member

It's amazing what a couple of seasons of KPJ can do to a fan, isn't it?

12. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Harden today, at this moment, is still a far ways better than any player we have, including Green. Green will probably be better than him soon, but right now he is not.

Dobbizzle likes this.
  13. a time to chill

Trust me, you do not want this influence around the Rockets' young core

Jturbofuel likes this.
  14. chenjy9

Supporting Member

LOL you think they ain't already going to clubs on their own? That's like saying an uncle will teach his nephews curse words when said kid rides the bus to school.

BHannes2BHonest and Dobbizzle like this.
  15. shocky2002

shocky2002 Member

I have a strong belief that Harden will be a +4 BPM (Basketball reference box plus minus) player into his 40's. That shooting touch and passing ability isn't going away.

Green would need to make an astronomical leap to become better than James anytime soon. He'd need to be significantly more efficient scorer.

16. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Green has shown the ability to be a consistent scorer. That said, he definitely took a step back this season in terms of decision making. Sophomore wall is real.

17. a time to chill

The next day they lost to Miami and Maxey and Niang played like ****. It's not the partying I'm worried about. As long as you win I don't care. It's the work ethic. Harden's not going to be a good mentor to the young guys.

18. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Work ethic? What are you talking about? Harden has always been a gym rat. All the guy does is ball. If not the Drew league, then Rico camp, or at the Rockets gym with teammates.

19. a time to chill

Harden can party all night and still play well the next day, but it catches up with him in the playoffs. He built a bad culture when he was here. Having him do the same thing around Jalen and Jabari will hinder their development.

Inside James Harden and the Houston Rockets' breaking point
    https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/30528130/inside-james-harden-houston-rockets-breaking-point

joshuaao and True Rocket like this.
  20. Mr Woods

Mr Woods Member

Harden isn’t considering a return to Houston for basketball reasons. He’s considering it for the community, lifestyle, and family.

Think about that. Does he still have that burning desire to win a championship? Making a return to Houston would say otherwise. We won’t be contenders anytime soon. And that’s not even including the physical decline, injuries, and recent issues with being out of shape. Huge red flag.

joshuaao, a time to chill and J.R. like this.