1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN Radio and the Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Jul 15, 2004.

1. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

While traveling around in my car I heard the following. Dibble was talking about baseball trading and mentioned that the Astros may be losing Bagwell and Biggio. I only heard the last part of it and hav eno idea what it was about> They were talking about Carlos Delgado and mentioned that the Astros might be a good fit for him. It was not a rumor and it was not a fact just giving their opinion. I don't know if it was for the current season or for the off-season. It came on at 12:45 cst so I don't know what time that woudl come on in Houston sice DP show is delayed.

Also Justice was scheduled to be on around 1:30 CST so you may want to listen to him too. I am out of the car and cannot ge tthe show right now.

If anyone catches it or caught it please fill us in.

2. JPM0016

JPM0016 Contributing Member

it doesn't come on here for another 25 minutes. We only get the last 2 hours of it

3. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

right which means I gues syou should hear the Delgado stuff around 2:45 or so and the Justice stuff at 3:30.

4. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I think they pick it up in progess Castor.

5. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Hmm. DP goes off at 3:00cst, Houston may get the 1:00 and 2:00 hours of the show. Maybe you'll miss the Delgado stuff but get to hear Justice. I would think they wouldn't bring a guy on and then not play him in his own market.

6. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Ah. I can't stand to listen to them speak, so I doubt I'll catch it. :)

7. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Well Dan isn't on today so that may make it a little bit better.

8. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Dibble's worse. :)

9. franchise?..NOT

Delgado plays for Toronto, yes? Why the hell would they take on a struggling, radidly declining Bagwells millions for the next two years and give up on one of the top prospects in baseball who is struggling at the beginning of his career? Why would Bagwell accept a trade anywhere but Boston.

I hope it happens but it makes no sense.

10. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Delgado is not a prospect, he's 32 years old. This doesn't really make sense because Delgado is in the final year of his contract. If the Blue Jays are scared of losing him, then they'd probably trade him for prospects.

11. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

If the team makes any move like this I would think it would be Bagwell to Boston for prospects and then turn around and send those prospects in a package to Toronto for Delgado.

12. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

hmmm. That sounds more like it. But, I don't know.