1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Eric Gordon Trades

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by finsraider, Jun 16, 2022.

1. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Len gets cut or expires hes just salary filler/roster fodder.

I dont think he has value around the league no, but hes always been a decent bench guy. You just swallow his contract to grease the wheels in order to acquire a young recent top 10 pick.

Corrosion likes this.
  2. spankz141

spankz141 Member

Houston In: Kelly Oubre Jr, 2024 or 2025 CHA 1st Rounder and 2027 LAL Swap

Charlotte In: Pat Beverly, Kendrick Nunn, KMJ, Josh Christopher, 2023 1st MIL via HOU

Los Angeles In: Eric Gordon and PJ Washington

Rockets get an expiring, a first rounder, and a gamble on a pick swap
    Hornets picks up some young pieces, vets who can re-located for 2nd Rounders and a first Rounder.
    Lakers pick up a good veteran and a young big to play next to AD

3. LeDakota

LeDakota Member

what I see is Stone has lack of negotiation skills and also Gordon has almost zero trade value.

Retire buddy, don’t occupy space.

thanks

4. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

5. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

the Pels have a ton of picks and prospects to make a deal!!!

I would trade EG and KJ for Tyus Jones.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

bracing myself for EG still being here past the deadline and folks still spinning the narrative once again that, well there wasn't any good deals and they value his vet leadership

7. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

I'm waiting for a multiyear extension after the deadline with a team announcement that EG's veteran leadership will anchor this club for the coming years.

8. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I think those teams are more interested in signing EG as a free agent after he's waived than actually giving up a first round pick for him. I'm very very skeptical there is a deal that makes sense for both teams at this point with any of those teams. It's just easier at this point to contemplate waiving him, and maybe Tillman getting a price break with a buy-out.

Take NY for example. Does any deal get done without the Knicks sending back Fornier?... No. Even if they include a pick, will those additional years of salary at 18+ have less value than the pick??...probably not.

People can flame me if they want, but I'm calling it now that I think EG will end up getting waived after the deadline if not sooner if it's obvious that he has non-equitable value.

9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I'd take Lakers' FRP. :)

10. CantStopJG24

CantStopJG24 Member

I honestly don’t see how or why any team would give up a first for Eric Gordon.

Dredd likes this.
  11. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Because you’re making a playoff push and your options for playing time are Fournier and Rose. And Gordon is someone that the coach might actually use when you trade for him. If the Gordon trade works out, it ends up being a late first anyway.

12. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

I would trade Gordon and Martin to the Suns for Cameron Johnson because the Suns are not going to sign him this summer on a big contract. I would trade with the Knicks for their draft picks. Also, I would trade Gordon and Martin for Jaxson Hayes and the young player Dyson Daniels. Stone , we need to trade Gordon and Maybe Martin for players like Dyson, Jaxon and Cameron Johnson. Stone do something…

13. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

He still has value when he plays like he gives a ****. He just doesn’t do that very much around here anymore.

Dobbizzle likes this.
  14. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

These teams are wanting to give Houston only 2nd round picks not 1st

15. Le$$

Le$$ Member

#1075 Le$$, Dec 20, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2022
  16. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Stone doesn’t seem to think he can aggregate 1st round picks to move up or trade for other assets so. I don’t want any more than one top draft prospect this year without a massive trade to clear roster room.

We are in this situation because Stone won’t make forward thinking trades.

17. jb86

jb86 Member

If we can just get rid of Gordon and Nix and get Cam Reddish.

red5rocket likes this.
  18. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Gordon+Tate+KMJ+Christopher+Bucks pick to Chicago

Ball+Patrick Williams+ Chicago 2023 first top 8 protected.

Ball is owed 20 million each of the next three seasons. He is a good player, but seems like his health to be a significant red flag at this point. They get off if his deal and gain flexibility with Gordon and his contract. They also get three young controlled players. KMJ, Gordon, Tate immediately upgrades their rotation.

Tate and KMJ upgrade their front court. We essentially swap picks with them. Assuming the trade would help the win games, we net a 10-15 pick jump in the draft. Williams looks like he is coming along as a 3 and D.

xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  19. conquistador#11

"And we're going to put it out there that multiple teams are offering a 1st round pick, again."
    [​IMG]

20. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Here are some guesses as to what those teams might be willing to offer

SUNS
    Crowder and Saric (and then Houston moves Crowder to a 3rd team to gain a pick). Could include KJMjr in the deal only if the Suns throw in a first - 2024 or later (which wouldn't be a "very good" first, but would be a first nonetheless)

KNICKS
    This one doesn't make much sense to me, Grimes is playing well at the spot and they have Quickly, Barret and Brunson in the backcourt too. Probably them looking to ditch Fournier. They might try sweeten the deal with Reddish. I'd ask for 2 picks to take on Fourniers salary - they have the garbage Det and Wash heavily protected picks to offer (looks like neither will convey this year) - maybe a swap with the MIL pick for their own too? Who knows...

GRIZZLIES

It would have to include Danny Green for salary matching (and he's expiring, so no big deal), plus a talent they might be willing to part with like a Ziare Williams (actually it is really hard if it isn't Ziare to make the salaries match). For me Ziare isn't really exciting as a prospect, so I'd be wanting a first as well

PELICANS

Devonte Graham's contract (yuck - but needed to match salaries) plus a talent (ie someone like Jaxson Hayes or Dyson Daniels), plus a pick for taking on Graham's contract.
    I can't see them offering Naji Marshall or Herb Jones or anything like that.
    To be fair, I don't really see how EGO moves the needle for them at all...