1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2020s: Predict the next disaster

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Dec 16, 2022.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Disagree but we could go back and forth all day, let's revisit in a decade. Both are HOF talents and I certainly wouldn't kick Harden out of bed as a second choice.

Nook likes this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

for sure, but there will be another virus that doesn’t care if you’re elderly or have comorbidities, and people will underestimate plus not trust what the science or medical community is saying, and that virus will sweep through the country like Zion or Giannis coming down the lane leaving a mountain of corpses in its wake

Xerobull likes this.
  3. Nook

Nook Member

As I said, it is possible that Luka hasn't played his best basketball yet.... but so far, the best of Luka hasn't been as good as the best of Harden... I'm talking about peaks.

It will be interesting to follow though/.

4. Xerobull

People are in utter denial about the devastation that Covid wrought. A million+ people in the USA alone. That's your analogy right there. I know that if anyone sits down and thinks about it, they know (or know of) 5+ people who impacted their lives or the lives of their loved ones (which in turn impacted them) who died as a result.

Whatever, good call. Plagues are certainly still in play for the Choking 20's.

Ubiquitin, MadMax and Reeko like this.
  5. Reeko

Reeko Member

you’re right that many are in denial…very many died, but u still had people saying Covid was just the flu

plus it being a virus that for the most part seriously affected only certain demographics

but when this virus comes that has a major affect on all age groups no matter how healthy or unhealthy, the country has already been conditioned to reject masks, social distancing, and doubt vaccines and anything the science or medical community says, so it’s gonna be curtains…randoms on social media and political hacks have as much sway as licensed doctors these days

6. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

7. Buck Turgidson

8. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

9. Buck Turgidson

Well, this isn't true.

10. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Sadly, I think someone somewhere is planning a school shooting with the goal of dwarfing all other school shootings - and it's probably going to happen some time in 2023. All we can do is hope it's not at our school.

So get your thoughts and prayers ready, we're going to need them.

11. ATXNekko

ATXNekko Member

- Recession, I was on a call with a Millennial this week who remembered the 2008-09 and the difficulties her parents had with the housing crisis. All I could think of is like F*** this is your first dance and I dealt with the Tech bubble bursting, 08 09 and now a freaking global time bomb of fancy monetary policy that's built on wax
    - Depression, yeah this is going to be fun. Gov should be pushing how to make the perfect Victory Garden to feed your family
    - World War, why the hell not. we just say **** force our new beliefs on others and scream equality, respect others rights as we push ours on other culture's.
    - Don't even look at your 401K
    - A new world is coming and the eggs getting broken isn't going to make for an existence up to the standards most are use to.
    - Supply Chains becoming domestic again

The first public room in Houston to be air-conditioned was the Rice Hotel cafeteria which was air-conditioned in 1922. The Second National Bank was the first air-conditioned building in Houston. An air-conditioner unit was installed there in 1923

I just want the power on cause AC is something I dont want to do without.

Xerobull likes this.
  12. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

13. ATXNekko

ATXNekko Member

Its a prediction, not a political theatre of who is right and wrong. The oceans were supposed to of flooded the coastal cities years ago.

14. Xerobull

I don't know how people did it down here before air conditioning. I lived in Galveston 10 years and that mofo is hot and damp, yet it was the 4th biggest city in the US in 1900, with no AC.

My wife said they wore a lot of perfume.

15. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

There are people running around with no AC in their cars everywhere. My dad used to drive around in '74 Impala with no AC in Houston. I especially loved those fake leather/vinyl seats that would give you 2nd degree burns when you sat on them in the summer. lol. There are people all around the world with no AC that live in places like Houston. You adapt. When I was in my teens and 20's, I'd survive, but now? Hell no. lol.

ATXNekko likes this.
  16. Xerobull

I remember those hot-ass vinyl seats with no AC..there were also no child safety seats back then. You just piled in the back seat, or behind the pickup truck bench. My grandparents didn't have AC until the 1980's and I lived with them. I get that you adapt but why the **** would you want to if there's an alternative?

17. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I don't know, but I've asked myself the same thing when I ask why people go camping. You've got a fridge, AC/heating, water, tv, etc. at home and you're gonna tell me you want to go out in the middle of the night, sleep on the ground, get bitten by bugs, with no AC, etc. Rather bizarre human behavior. Then you've got the ones that go camping and take tv's, food supplies, all kinds of electronics, etc. Uh... :D

*EDIT* : btw, we didn't fix our car's AC because we were broke at the time, and my dad grew up overseas in a house with no AC. He forced me to adapt. LOL.

Xerobull likes this.
  18. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

We still have a lot of jobs still not being filled. Yellen, Powell have no idea. No body does. You would think increased interest rates would lower housing prices, but people who locked at the lower rates have no reason to get a new house. We don't have enough labor to build new houses so housing goes down a little, but interest rates are high so overall payments are even higher.

19. Buck Turgidson

Small "c" climate control is all about what you're used to + what you can comfortably tolerate.

20. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

They moved slowly, and also didn't carry around the blubber that people do now.

Xerobull likes this.