1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The state of the republican party

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Feb 21, 2021.

1. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

I’ve been posting here for over 20 years and obviously not an alt account. No one follows you around you have a distinctive posting style that’s easy to identify because it’s primarily personal insults. You add nothing of substance or value to the board.

2. Mummywrap

Mummywrap Member

I'm out with this king1's wife right now, she took me to the Galleria to buy me some silk underwear. I told the dogface I didn't want them, I prefer cashmere. We passed the Pet store and security approached me asking if I paid for the dog I was with.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  3. King1

King1 Contributing Member

You continue to lie. I obviously don't know you personally thankfully but I know you're a rapist. You know the truth and you wouldn't have settled otherwise. If someone accused me of rape (twice in your instance) I'd want my day in court. You deserve to be behind bars

4. King1

I don't care about you, your posting history or your opinion. Thanks for sharing though.

5. King1

Cool. Pick me up something. I didn't realize you brought your mother with you but that's unfortunate they are being so rude to her. Probably just get her a new water bowl for Christmas. Pretty harsh criticism but she obviously hasn't aged well. Glad we could help in your time of need

6. Xopher

Xopher Member
    Supporting Member

You are the liar. I have never been accused of rape. Never had any case settled. No one has ever paid off any women on my behalf. You need to stop your made up bullshit.

7. CCorn

CCorn Member

Oh no. Our master plan.

8. Mummywrap

Mummywrap Member

Your wife told me she just purchased a new toy you wanted her to peg you with yesterday, not sure why you would expect anything else.

You might want to get her checked out for worms, her skidding her ass everywhere is getting annoying. I know it's your wife, don't try to deny it, I seen what you engraved on her wedding band when I turned over her paw.

9. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I'm really not sure why anyone responds to the idiot.

10. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That is the most ridiculous thing ever. Give me a break. Republicans and their hysteria never ceases to shock me any more.

VooDooPope likes this.
  11. edwardc

edwardc Member

12. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

https://www.wsj.com/articles/republ...te-nancy-pelosi-11671228536?mod=hp_opin_pos_1

Republican Party Masochists
    GOP division and disarray on Capitol Hill bode ill for the next Congress.
    By The Editorial Board
    Dec. 16, 2022 6:42 pm ET

If a Martian arrived in Washington this week not knowing who had won the November election, he’d be forgiven for thinking it was the Democrats. Usually the losers are in disarray, but not this time.

Democrats in the House minority have completed a seamless change of House leadership to a younger generation with little internal dissent. But Republicans, who ostensibly won the majority, can’t even find the votes to elect a GOP Speaker, much less agree on budget strategy or much of anything else.

After the election, Kevin McCarthy won the GOP caucus vote to become House GOP leader against Arizona Rep. Andy Biggs, 188-31. But Mr. Biggs won’t take resounding defeat for an answer, and he is now planning to run against Mr. McCarthy for Speaker on the House floor on Jan. 3. A handful of other backbenchers say they’ll also oppose Mr. McCarthy, which could lead to multiple ballots and perhaps even a Democratic Speaker.

What’s bizarre is that the dissenters don’t have major policy differences with Mr. McCarthy or a plausible alternative candidate for Speaker. Mr. Biggs has no chance. He and his rump group also don’t seem to have any constructive reason to oppose Mr. McCarthy beyond a desire to grab the media spotlight or blow everything up.

Their main demand is so self-defeating it could have come from Democratic Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez. The dissenters want Mr. McCarthy to concede that any Member could call the chair vacant and insist on a vote to replace the sitting Speaker. In order to get the votes to become Speaker, Mr. McCarthy is supposed to weaken himself so much that he wouldn’t be able to govern as Speaker.

Yet a narrow GOP majority of only 222-213 requires a leader who can enforce party discipline. That’s how Nancy Pelosi has been able to govern with the mirror-image majority in the last two years. Too many House Republicans are too dimwitted to understand the uses of power and how to wield it. They’d rather rage against the machine to no useful effect.

Meanwhile, across the Capitol, Senate Republicans are doing Mr. McCarthy no favors by joining Democrats to pass a giant omnibus spending bill for fiscal 2023. Most House Republicans prefer a continuing resolution to fund the government only into early next year, when Republicans will have more leverage as the House majority.

But Mitch McConnell and the Senate GOP don’t trust that Mr. McCarthy can deliver in January, or so they say. They won’t even give him the chance. The more likely explanation is that Senate Republicans also want one more spending blowout this Congress as much as Senate Democrats do. Alabama Sen. Richard Shelby is the ranking Republican on the Appropriations Committee, and he seems intent on going out with big spending bang.

The result could be a spending bill nearly as large as the $1.9 trillion March 2021 Covid relief bill that triggered inflation. The omnibus bill would lock in baseline domestic non-defense spending far above levels that would have been expected in 2023 given normal increases pre-Covid. Defense would also get a spending boost, but the omnibus would set the budget through next September.

The new House GOP majority wouldn’t be able to use their power of the purse to influence priorities until fiscal 2024. The higher spending, and thus larger budget deficits, would also make pro-growth tax cuts that much more difficult to sell politically. If there’s a recession, Democrats will propose even more spending, and Republicans will propose what?

Democrats run the House until January, so Mr. McCarthy can’t stop an omnibus bill. But the lack of coordination between the House and Senate GOP bodes ill for any coherent agenda over the next two years. Senate Democrats and the White House will have a united front and could roll over a divided GOP.

The GOP dysfunction since Election Day won’t matter if it teaches Republicans that their only chance of influencing policy is to stay united. On the evidence so far, however, Republicans are the gang that couldn’t shoot straight—except at one another.

Appeared in the December 17, 2022, print edition as 'Republican Party Masochists'.

blue_eyed_devil likes this.
  13. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Coming from the horse's mouth...

Trump is a criminal. He always has been, and always will be. It's not rocket science to understand that, but MTG is a bit dense. I doubt anybody walking free right now has committed more crimes over the years without ever spending time in lockup. That clock is ticking.

ROCKSS, No Worries and FranchiseBlade like this.
  14. dmoneybangbang

The GOP in Tennessee would be happy….

Funny how the age of consent is lowest in the most religious states.

deb4rockets likes this.
  15. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Actually, it's all over the US. I think child marriages should be banned. It's just legal pedophilia.

About 300,000 children with a few as young as 10 were married in the US between 2000 and 2018. Not surprisingly, most are girls (86%) married to adult men – clearly an injustice rooted in gender inequality and patriarchy. What makes this crisis worse is that these marriages are lawful.

Child marriage is stll legal in 46 states, and it’s only in recent years that the remaining four states – Delaware, New Jersey, Minnesota, and Pennsylvania – banned the practice with no exceptions.

https://populationmatters.org/news/2021/04/child-marriage-in-the-us-where-is-the-outrage/

16. Reeko

Reeko Member

just popped into this thread for the 1st time in awhile and holy sh*t

[​IMG]

Nook and ROCKSS like this.
  17. Xopher

Xopher Member
    Supporting Member

My theory is the sane part of the GOP wants Trump prosecuted. It is a win, win for them. They get to act outraged and blame it on the Democrats AND they get to get rid of Trump, which is what they truly want.

jiggyfly, ROCKSS, T_Man and 5 others like this.
  18. edwardc

edwardc Member

19. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Dark Brandon abides.

deb4rockets and ROCKSS like this.
  20. Xopher

Xopher Member
    Supporting Member

Damn can you imagine what more he could accomplish if he wasn't senile, or had Alzheimer's, or could ride a bicycle?!? /s