1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Are the Pelicans toast? We're watching Thunder at Pelicans -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

2022 NFL Season Thread

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by J.R., Sep 8, 2022.

1. Buck Turgidson

You really need to read/listen to the entire Jim Irsay (lunatic that he is) press conference where he justifies this. It's amazing.

KingCheetah, B-Bob and Rudyc281 like this.
  2. i3artow i3aller

3. PhiSlammaJamma

The Germani fans were nuts... staying 30 minutes after the game to celebrate with John Denver chants. Funny. Maybe drunk.

4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

CBS crew was going off on Irsay and Saturday -- hard to believe JS turned down other positions with the team to spend time with family only to end up as the head coach.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  5. KingCheetah

The Bills - Vikings game is weird, but awesome.

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  6. CrixusTheUndefeatedGaul

Supporting Member

What a crazy game between the Vikings and Bills, down to seconds. The best game of the season so far.

7. CrixusTheUndefeatedGaul

Supporting Member

Holy crap, overtime?

8. i3artow i3aller

9. CrixusTheUndefeatedGaul

Supporting Member

Gotta be the catch of the season.

10. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Cow...no comment.

11. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

People here in MN are still buzzing over that game. That was a remarkable game and the Vikings are legit. This game though is ultimately on Josh Allen. I like Josh Allen but those two interceptions and a fumble on the handoff in the endzone were terrible.

12. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

13. KingCheetah

Irsay absolutely cackling about the win... after allowing JS to start Ryan and having their all world RB back 100% healthy for the first time since week one.

Bonus: They were playing the Raiders.

14. Buck Turgidson

Irsay is trailerpark Jerry Jones.

Which makes him twice as smart as Cal McNair.

15. Buck Turgidson

[​IMG]

16. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Man, I wish this dude was on our radio play-by-play instead of Vandemeer.

17. Buck Turgidson

I got a little pumped up just watching that

18. i3artow i3aller

19. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

It’s really great.

20. KingCheetah

New Research Supports NFLPA’s Campaign Against Slit-Film Turf

Over the weekend, NFL Players Association President J.C. Tretter published a starkly worded letter critiquing the NFL’s use of slit-film turf and calling for its immediate removal from all stadiums where it’s currently used. This applies to seven teams in six stadiums: the Minnesota Vikings, New Orleans Saints, New York Giants, New York Jets, Detroit Lions, Indianapolis Colts and Cincinnati Bengals.

Now, as NBC Sports’ Pro Football Talk revealed, research released by a company called Biocore, who Mike Florio described as “an outside firm that provides engineering analysis for both the league and the union,” supports the NFLPA’s concerns about slit-film turf.

For those wondering what differentiates slit-film turf from other forms of turf, this guide provides some answers. Notably, the fibers in slit-film turf are made from larger pieces of plastic that feature openings where cleats could potentially catch, as opposed to monofilament turf in which each “blade” is an individual piece of plastic.

According to Florio’s report, Biocore’s research indicates that “slit-film has a statistically significant higher risk of LEX injury than the League average.” (LEX is an abbreviation for “lower extremity.”)

Based on Biocore’s models, their research goes on to conclude that “there are 2-3 more non-contact lower extremity injuries per season per stadium on slit film surfaces than other types of synthetic turf fields.” This is in sharp contrast with the NFL’s Jeff Miller arguing that slit-film turf surfaces “have 2-3 more injuries per year,” with most of them being “ankle sprains — a low-burden injury.”

https://www.insidehook.com/daily_brief/sports/nflpa-slit-film-turf-football-research