1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fire Silas 2.0

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatboyPhuong, Oct 21, 2022.

1. Nook

Nook Member

Steve Francis was pretty talented and if he has been groomed a little different, he may well have been capable of being a part of a championship back court. So I don't think it is necessarily a slight on Green - the problem was the combo of Francis and Mobley and how they were groomed.

Green likely can be part of a championship back court, especially if he is paired with a franchise point guard. He has some size limitations but he can do a lot of things well.... I just worry about his development in the current environment.

2. Rockets4Life13

Yup I've never once got a selfish vibe from JG.

Farva and fchowd0311 like this.
  3. Rockets4Life13

Definitely agree with this but so far he seems to stay strong in terms of not letting it get to him. He has never looked selfish to me.

I do however agree that we should be worried about the "current environment" but that applies to everyone on this roster. It's a shitshow right now and some of the players (KPJ) walk all over the coaches without any accountability

clutchdabear and fchowd0311 like this.
  4. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Why can’t they at least tank respectively? This Rockets team is so ugly to watch now. I attended the Clippers game last night and wanted to leave midway through the 3rd. They look horrid. I didn’t see Silas so much coaching, especially when KPJ was throwing his fits.

clutchdabear likes this.
  5. Salvy

Salvy Member

Does it even matter who Harden wanted? Tyronn Lue is not going to shoot the ball for him in the postseason. Neither is Silas or Doc Rivers.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

7. Reeko

Reeko Member

all this energy aimed at Silas, but hardly any for the man who hired him and has said nothing about his job performance…

[​IMG]

keep in mind that at the time of Silas’s hiring, the Rockets were still trying to do everything in their power to keep James Harden, and Harden definitely didn’t want Silas as coach, so u can’t even say that Silas was hired to appease Harden…Stone believed in him and made the hire

Mr Woods likes this.
  8. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Dude got duped from the teams Silas was on before. They baited him.

persian hoopa likes this.
  9. Reeko

Reeko Member

shame on him then

How do we know he won’t get duped again after Silas is gone?

fchowd0311 likes this.
  10. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Stone has done a solid job and as stated numerous times is aiming at 2024 to start getting down to business. Don’t understand why they are hanging on to Silas, but I’m still happy with Stone’s tenure so far. We had nothing in the cupboard at all and, now, we have JG, Sengun, Jabari, and Tari and a sh*tton of draft picks. I haven’t given up on KPJ altogether and we didn’t pay anything for him. Looks like Garuba is solid too.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  11. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I personally wouldn't attribute Green and Jabari to Stone. Those were obvious draft pick selections at the 2 and 3 pick. I'll credit Stone for Sengun and Tari though. That's good draft selecting there.

Depending on how Jabari pans out, we can see it being a bad selection where Stone just went with conventional thought than being slightly more creative and choosing someone else.

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. TimDuncanDonaut

13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

14. justinh

justinh Member

im not against a potential firing of silas but this is funny....pretty much all i look at are the top posts so ....

[​IMG]

BamBam, clutchdabear and hakeem94 like this.
  15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

the people have spoken!

justinh and fchowd0311 like this.
  16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

signed!

17. marky :)

marky :) Member

That's whats most concerning for almost all our young players on this team. Can set them up on vastly different career trajectories than if they had good solid coaching right now.

slothy420 and fchowd0311 like this.
  18. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

not sure what point you are trying to make!

Unfortunately we are stuck with smiley silas because cheapman couldnt put his ego aside and listen to a future hall of famer. Darn it!

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. Salvy

Salvy Member

I thought you was a 76ers fan...

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

I thought you said we were winning 30 games this year :(