1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So now about this salary cap thang

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ROXTXIA, Jul 18, 2001.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

to make things worse Achebe,

An "Interim Audit Report" is used in case the an Audit Report is not completed.

that is why I am depressed. The reports probably think "Interim" means that we are not to the end calculation for this year's Cap, yet. Whereas, according to the CBA, we indeed are. Any discrepancies between the Interim Audit Report and the Audit Report are made up the NEXT YEAR.

The independent auditors provide an Audit Report and an Interim Audit Report. The latter is provided as "best estimates" and is always delivered on time. The former is actual financial numbers and comes out when it can.

Sounds like we are locked in at $35.9m to me.

2. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Salary Cap Increased to $42.5 Million
    NEW YORK, July 18 -- The National Basketball Association and the National Basketball Players Association have agreed upon a salary cap of $42.5 million for the 2001-02 season, it was announced Wednesday by Joel Litvin, NBA Executive Vice President, Legal and Business Affairs. The minimum team salary has been set at $31.875 million.

Last season, the salary cap was $35.5 million and the average player salary was $4.2 million.

------------------
    I find my own ignorance amusing

3. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

sssssick beeyotch!

------------------
    Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...

4. CBrownFanClub

CBrownFanClub Contributing Member

5. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Thank you, God.

------------------

6. harumph

harumph Member

chaos runs supreme [​IMG]

SA will go for a Early Bird contract for sure now, no money for him ANYWHERE at this point. Hakeem just lost a lot of his ground; there is no way teh team will sign him for close to $10m (or whatever figure he wants). Mo T may have to take a 1 year contract (plus player option) again, if he stays.

Wonder how many teams are still "not planning" on using all of the $4.5m exception?

------------------
    "Hakeem gets a 3 with the final shot" - my second favorite moment of 95 finals

7. harumph

harumph Member

This will unfortunately kill any chance of trading Cato. that 6-7m just got a hell of a lot larger.

------------------
    "Hakeem gets a 3 with the final shot" - my second favorite moment of 95 finals