1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

~{ James Harden's Philadelphia 76ers }~

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ThatBoyNick, Feb 10, 2022.

1. i3artow i3aller

2. RocketsDraftTV

3. i3artow i3aller

4. ZazaPacheapshot

ZazaPacheapshot New Member

I'm not high on the team. The 76ers have not gotten past the 2nd round since The Process started. Teams where centers are the top player on the team don't do that great in this era and Harden has had many poor playoff showings.

JeffB likes this.
  5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Hey Big Guy
    DIVE!!!! DIVE DIVE!

Rocket River

6. Asian Sensation

Only an insecure fanboi who roots for a player missing the real prize in his resume keeps track of All NBA teams made. You can add 3 more All NBA teams to his resume. Nobody besides a select few would even notice let alone give a shiit. Nothing will change his legacy/reputation aside from 1 thing.

Same tired argument/excuse @HardenVolumeOne always brought up. Oh wait! That’s you! You forgot to mention in your usual fashion that it’s cause he’s too black as the reason why though. :rolleyes:

RKREBORN and Salvy like this.
  7. Asian Sensation

dribble dribble dribble dribble dribble dribble dribble dribble dribble dribble dribble dribble dribble dribble dribble dribble dribble dribble

New team, different uniform, same bum.

RKREBORN likes this.
  8. shocky2002

shocky2002 Member

Watching this game makes it so obvious that Harden plays best with a spread offense and him directing everything. NOT just posting up your big guy over and over again. If I'm Daryl I try to trade Embiid for LeBron

Jontro likes this.
  9. icewill36

icewill36 Member

Well thats really any ball handler/slasher is better with space to operate. Tonight wasnt just about the offense it was the defense. Small ball switching frustrated the raptors. They forced turnovers and pushed on long rebounds to get some easy baskets.

Joel has to make an adjustment offensively. He should be less of a focal point because the ball sticks and the pace is so slow trying to force him the ball. He should score only in the flow and not try to shoot everytime he touches the ball. Tyrese is a legit scorer and hes ready right now to take on a bigger role. The sixers have too much talent to be so joel centric. I think PJ may need to come off the bench as he is clearly the most effective at the 5.

10. Asian Sensation

1/10 shooting overall, 0-4 from three and a -7 so far yet somehow has 9 points. This why Harden fanbois hang on to TS% and Raptor/Vorp shiits for dear life. His numbers get skewed for being a great FT shooter (except under pressure). He’s closer to Westbrick than he is to Steph. Fight me biitches o_O

11. shocky2002

shocky2002 Member

You know what would make the 76ers the faves to win the title? Embiid giving up scoring 30+ a night, committing to a switch-everything defense, play within the flow of the offense (through James) instead of posting up all-game.

12. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Career high 17 assists for 10th time. Washed.

B-Bob likes this.
  13. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Harden has had many great Playoff performances..............he just doesn't get credit for them. People only focus on when he loses or has a bad game. All superstars have had poor Playoff games

ksny15 likes this.
  14. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

28 in the past 2 games. won 4 out of 5 to get their season going.

15. riko

riko Member

I notice a Trend this clown only shows up after a bad game but disappears for a while when harden is playing well. What a miserable way to live.if you gonna be a tough guy show up consistently!

Steph right now is struggling to beat the hornets and Pistons and got destroyed by the suns. He ain’t settling the world on fire

RocketsDraftTV likes this.
  16. RocketsDraftTV

if harden still had the same burst pre-hamstring i would favor the sixers to come out of the east

tonight is a night just 2 years he would have had at least 30 plus on top of the 17 assists

17. riko

riko Member

Not sure if you watched this game but he was feeding Maxey, Melton and others. In Houston his job was to score first. He easily could have got 30 plus tonight if he had the same role.

RocketsDraftTV likes this.
  18. Asian Sensation

Says the PED abuser that only shows up after a good game. Probably gonna furiously masturbate to the thought of 17 assists tonight before bed. 17!!!! Seven teeeeen!!!

Steph legacy set btw.

4 X Champion
    2 X MVP
    1 X Finals MVP

How about your bum ass hero?

A good regular season game….. in October….. against the Wizards. Yay! Fcking crown him lol

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. ksny15

ksny15 Member

The pre hamstring burst is gone. I'm not sure it's coming back at this point. But he's 1000000X better than what he was last season. He's 1/4th the Houston Harden but that's still an elite NBA player.

20. PolarBear

PolarBear Contributing Member

Small sample size (8 games played) this year, but statistically he's off to a similar season as 2021-22 after a torrid start to the season:

Last year: 37.2 MPG, 22.0 PPG, 7.7 RPG, 10.3 APG, .410 FG%, .330 3FG%, 4.4 TO/G
    This year: 37.8 MPG, 21.8 PPG, 7.3 RPG, 10.0 APG, .440 FG%, .327 3FG%, 2.9 TO/G

2022 Harden so far has improved midrange and finishing, which in addition to slightly fewer 3-point attempts per game, has helped his overall FG%. He's also been more careful with the rock - his turnovers are down quite a bit from last year.
    Based on all of the above, his PER is up from 20.93 to 25.24.

Overall - statistically better, but not Houston-level Harden. That Harden is probably gone forever, given that he's 33 with a lot of miles on the tires. It will be interesting to see how this plays out over the course of the long season, and if his health holds out.