1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Blazers 10/28/2022

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 27, 2022.

1. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

What comments? Can you share? I missed them

charlieaustin and cheke64 like this.
  2. Killatron 2000

Killatron 2000 Punk Rocket

3. Reeko

Reeko Member

Lol

Bench him for comments made over a week ago? Please…

the whole team is laughing and smiling after every beatdown…losses don’t mean anything to them

U think most of them would mad if they have good stats, but lost by over 20? They wouldn’t

4. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

whatever you say my man. Detroit looks pretty ass as well(my family is from there so I’m forced into knowing what’s going on with them)

Could be wrong but I’m guessing you haven’t watched every game from every young team. Who has?

Most of the extreme over reactors likely had warped expectations to begin with. We went from young to younger. This is what happens.

5. Reeko

Reeko Member

Detroit has looked worse than us…I’ve watched a majority of their games

they look truly awful, and they had higher expectations than the Rockets

it’s easy to say that every other bad team looks much better than us when you’re not watching full games of those teams on a nightly basis

jordnnnn likes this.
  6. H. Christopher

Don’t bother with @Yung-T
    He’s a soft Banchero fan.

7. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Detroit is a similar level of trash maybe yea, but I've watched the other teams and would heavily disagree that they are as disorganized.

Again, coaching changes things a lot and you can see most young bottom teams still have actual schemes.

PeterKingX likes this.
  8. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Has literally nothing to do with my point, but keep spewing garbage.

9. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

The thing that gets me is how bad Tate has looked too. His best skill, defense, has totally tanked these two games. All he does is foul, often blatantly. He's not boxing out and on offense hasn't done much.

Ankara1923 likes this.
  10. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Replayed some Pistons material and actually think my original point was right, I don't feel like ya understand the difference between sucking and having no system (Rockets) and sucking but executing proper schemes onball and offball nearly every possession (Detroit).
    Edit: Compared the offense directly between Rockets and Pistons now with extended minutes.
    If you want to tell me the Pistons are as disorganized and with the same lack of play calling and schemes, I don't understand how you're perceiving the game of basketball honestly.

#770 Yung-T, Oct 29, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2022
  11. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Just like it’s the economy stupid, it’s the coach stupid. Not targeted at this post at all, but Silas is doing a sh*t job. We will continue to suck the rest of this year, but he should be replaced right now even if it hurts us for a bit. Lucas or Hollins can be interim. This group would go crazy with Dantoni and a defensive assistant, but sadly that will never happen.

12. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I am a KPJ fan, but I was very upset at his selfishness at times last night. Sengun was coming open quite often in the P&R and KPJ would just totally ignore him. Silas should have been screaming at him, but, of course, he has to handle him with kid gloves. Our talent is being wasted with this awful coach.

Hakeemtheking and LeDakota like this.
  13. i3artow i3aller

14. rocket43

rocket43 Member

Here's what I witnessed being at the game about 15 rows behind the rockets bench.
    1. Jabari and Green basically had no interactions with each other. No high fives, no chats.
    2. Nix has zero leadership skills. He seems very introverted. That's not a good trait for a PG.
    3. KPJ looked very annoyed with Sengun on a few plays.
    4. Our defense looked pathetic.
    5. Tate seems to be the only vocal leader.
    6. The Blazers youngins looked way more confident than ours.
    7. They just seemed very deflated in general.
    I'll definitely think twice about spending that amount of money on the Rockets next time they come through Portland.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Was I missing his comments, what did he say?

Yung-T likes this.
  16. CantStopJG24

CantStopJG24 Member

There's something there with Jabari and Jalen and it started pre-draft. Jalen obviously was leaning towards his friend Pablo and didn't even acknowledge the Jabari pick. Someone said Jabari followed Jalen on IG and Jalen never followed back and then he unfollowed Jalen. They follow each other now but that little spat and every tidbit that comes out is kinda concerning.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  17. KingSamJack

KingSamJack Member

It's obvious Jalen wanted Paolo even KPJ wanted him, all pre draft talk was that Paolo going #3 then magic changed their mind last minute.

CantStopJG24 likes this.
  18. CantStopJG24

CantStopJG24 Member

I hope that they're not holding that against Jabari. Especially KPJ, he's not even part of the future for him to be upset about a draft selection. That whole draft was messed up cause even Jabari didn't want to be a Rocket, he was visibly angry/upset that he wasn't chosen #1. I think he's come to terms with it but he probably envisioned himself being the #1 option on Orlando and not someone standing behind the line just shooting 3s.

19. KingSamJack

KingSamJack Member

Jabari doesn't have the talent to be a #1 option, it also doesn't help that Paolo is having the best start for a rookie in 20 years iirc and almost had a triple double last night. Whoever leak the stone and Paolo picture **** up because the magic changed their minds after it was pretty obvious stone was not going to trade up when his guy was going to be there.

20. LeDakota

LeDakota Member

KPJ has no right to get annoyed… YOU GOTTA F..KG PASS TO SENGUN, damn ball hogger.