1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NCAA Football 2005

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by l3uddhab0y, Jul 8, 2004.

Tags:
  1. l3uddhab0y

l3uddhab0y Contributing Member

Anybody pumped up about this game like I am? Its coming out next week,and I cant wait. New features I'm looking forward to.

Home Field Advanage--Screen shaking,wide outs not hearing hot routes

Match Up Stick--Shows players composure,and if they are rattled under pressure.

Deeper Dynasty Mode--Monitoring your teams disipline,you can suspend players for skipping class,practice or exams.You can also recruit athletes and have them play different positions.

2. junglerules

junglerules Member

I'm totally stoked, in particular about the whole "off field" trouble and rules violations that can go down. That, to me, is fascinating and extremely realistic to have in the game. Frankly, I'm shocked that the NCAA would allow that stuff to be portrayed in a video game, even if it is realistic. I'm sure they have a say on things, just like they helped prevent the tearing down of the goalposts in last year's NCAA 2004 game. I've even read that there is the "Death Penalty" for schools on the new game! We'll have to see, but that would be so awesome!

I also like the "pipeline" recruiting, as well as the ability to recruit athletes, rather than specific positions. All in all, even the people who don't like EA sports games seem to give the props to all that's been done with the NCAA football series. I think, last year, it was miles ahead of Madden, although I'm sure to buy both series again this year.

3. Rule0001

Rule0001 Contributing Member

not in particular...

not a big fan of college football anyway

barely a fan of college basketball

prefer the good ol sports games with overpaid players :p

4. mrpaige

mrpaige Contributing Member

I would be all over the game if they had a PC version. I can't justify buying a game console just to play the one game.

But if they ever offered a PC version, I'd be all over it.

5. bamaslammer

bamaslammer Contributing Member

I've got it on order. My son and I will have something else to do besides trout fish and hike when it comes in. I'm really looking forward to the homecrowd effect. I bet Bryant-Denny will rock!

6. Glish21

Glish21 Member

can't wait, its gonna rule!

7. Nuggets4

Nuggets4 Contributing Member

Mine should be arriving either late Monday or early Tuesday. I'm psyched. You know CU had perfect timing for the new rules. ;)

BTW, A WEBSITE I APPARENTLY CAN'T POST -- it deals with Madden, Mania, and a .com as well has a GREAT forum on NCAA football. Check it out, but it's really overhyped right now due to people with fake reports of "I have the game" and stuff like that.

8. drapg

drapg Member

I'm stoked to play it, but I have a wierd M.O.

I buy a video game, play it for a week, than it collects dust and never gets touched again.

I have been this way since I turned 19, even though I own every video game console known to mankind.

9. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Can't wait. I'm going to Wal-Mart on July 15 12:00 AM to get mine.

10. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I can and did...and this is the game I did it for! :D

I love this game. Mine is on order. Madden gets all the hype but I prefer NCAA much more. I've picked it up on the same day it comes out for the last 4 or 5 years.

BTW, does anyone remember the website of that guy that will copy his roster to your memory card for a $5 donation? I did it last year and my card came back a week later chock full of rosters.

11. mrpaige

mrpaige Contributing Member

Well, if it's that good, maybe I can justify it. :)

12. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

I'm getting one for xbox on Thurday its gonna awesome! Online play!!!!

I wish you could play with other consoles too like an xbox person playing against a ps2 person that would be sweet but still its awesome!

if anyone else gets it for Xbox and has xbox live lemme know!

#12 KaiSeR SoZe, Jul 8, 2004
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2004
  13. KaiSeR SoZe

edit: double post

14. dskillz

dskillz Contributing Member

I am getting it for the X-Box. I have my Live account sitting in the living room ready to be activated the day I get the game. I have to try to get through 2 seasons before Madden comes out so I can have 2 graduating classes ready to go to the pros.

15. Nuggets4

Nuggets4 Contributing Member

Dude, don't go with that guy. I, along with numerous others, have had problems with him. I'll drop you an e-mail through this site telling you where to go to get the info on the rosters.

16. l3uddhab0y

l3uddhab0y Contributing Member

Is it geekrosters.com or ps2rosters.com. If you send me your memory card, I wouldnt mind updating it for ya.

17. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Drop me that same email please.

18. UTweezer

UTweezer Contributing Member

does anyone know if this years xbox version will be online?

19. KaiSeR SoZe

20. Dan B

Dan B Member

I have NCAA preordered too, but I still prefer Madden and can't wait for it to come out.